PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex next???

trocero
16th Dec 2004, 09:17
Hello everybody. Snowblind look very promising. But how much of this game is related to Deus EX series? Just the time and place or can we see some of the series heros? Or will it be completely different game?

pr0phets0f0ld
16th Dec 2004, 20:06
I haven't gotten the opportunity to buy dues ex but it is in my list. The game looks awesome but complicated which is cool. Did anybody like it?

puffrr22
16th Dec 2004, 20:19
It was originally supposed to be a Deus Ex sequel, but it is a game of its own. I don't believe any of the DE heros are in this at all. I know someone who worked on the game and he said it is a whole new title. Hope that helps. I have seen some of the gameplay, and it looks really cool. Can't wait to play!

trocero
17th Dec 2004, 07:57
Deus Ex series (especially the first one) is an very good blend of FPS with fully integrated RPG. Graphically, first one is an outdated game nowadays but gameplay is amazing. So I hope we can see dark mood and the good storyline of the Deus Ex in this game.

moop
17th Dec 2004, 16:33
Heya - I'm definitely interested in Snowblind, and yes, get Deus Ex. It kicks ass. There are a few great singleplayer scenarios built by the community too.

G.A.Pster
27th Dec 2004, 05:11
It reminds me of Deus Ex Invisible war because of the setting and the whole biomod premise. but snow-blind (to the best of my knowledge) won’t have any RPG elements like Deus Ex.

BrainPrawn
27th Dec 2004, 19:01
Too bad if it won't have any RPG. That is the biggest selling point for me atm. I am tired of point and shoot.

G.A.Pster
28th Dec 2004, 05:44
Originally posted by BrainPrawn
Too bad if it won't have any RPG. That is the biggest selling point for me atm. I am tired of point and shoot.

Actually I revise my statement. I think the Deus Games were RPGs with FPS elements because the Role-playing part was well developed but the actual combat was just ok……..Ps What does atm stand for?:confused:

trocero
29th Dec 2004, 07:36
I assume snowblind have RPG-FPS share about %20 RPG %80 fast paced FPS. The best thing we can hope for the snowblind is good implemeted storyline. Thats what original Deus Ex shine. By the way, in my opinion, the closest thing which reminds me of Deus Ex in terms of RPG-FPS blend genre, is recent Vampire The Masquarede: Bloodlines. Have any of you actually played it?

Jumpin_Jebus
29th Dec 2004, 23:47
Off topic, but IMHO the original Deus Ex is arguably the best PC FPS ever made. The incredibly deep storyline, and the possibility of 5 seperate ending made for some interesting play. It was actually the first game I ever played once I got hired here @ Eidos way back in September 2000. :D

Oh and btw, Snowblind looks like it's gonna kick some major arse. ;)

Mike_B
30th Dec 2004, 10:23
It certainly looks good and seems like it'll be fun to play.

btw any change of a demo coming out for the game? :)

Random
31st Dec 2004, 01:17
I'm not sure Snowblind will have RPG elements in the way most people think of RPG elements. My understanding is that Snowblind will give you a wide range of tools, and you be creative in how you use them. From what I've read, it sounds like the goal is to create a game that encourages improvisational gameplay, and that's where it's most similar to the Deus Ex series.

BrainPrawn
1st Jan 2005, 15:43
Well I for one hope for more than just a variety of tools. Its the character choices from the first Deus that I fell in love with.

I really liked it when you would pick an ability and then got to another part of the game and wished you had picked something different. Then you had to find a way to complete the objective with what you had. Then there were the times when you are really glad you picked what you did.

I guess tools could work the same way if there were certain ones that you could not carry at the same time. Such as the radiation from tool A causes tool B to malfunction.

I just hope that SB does not suffer the same fate that DX:IW did in its "multi-platformness". Build the PC game for the PC, and the console game for the console.

btw G.A.Pster, atm = at the moment.

G.A.Pster
2nd Jan 2005, 01:46
btw G.A.Pster, atm = at the moment.
ok, I’ll ad it to my forum word database(lol)

BrainPrawn
14th Jan 2005, 12:35
More previews coming in... Looks like RPG is out. Starting to sound like another WFD title. (Wait For Demo)

[T]Kizzao
7th Feb 2005, 20:44
snow blind looks very promising..yes.. but so did DXIW and that game sucked IMO.
Deus Ex the original is in a league of its own. The style of game play and visual effects was the best at its time. If anyone here has played the MP they will agree with me when I say that it is very addicting. The game is rarely found in store but if someone were to PM me their address plus paypal me a couple of dollars for shipping, I could send me a copy of it. it's not pirating becuz these are the copies you get from buying a magazine the GOTY edition. :p

puffrr22
7th Feb 2005, 21:19
I have played this game, and let me tell you it rocks. It looks great, the weapons are really cool and the AI is actually smart. The online multiplayer is hard, but really fun. I guarentee anything you have read isn't just hype. It is a truely fantastic game.

jEj
8th Feb 2005, 06:55
Translation from console to PC is always "interesting," to say the least, imo. As a participant in the DXMP community for a number of years I sincerely hope the multiplayer aspect of Project Snowblind is of the same calibre. Oh yeah, some support would be nice, too.

BrainPrawn
8th Feb 2005, 13:54
Ok puffrr22, I will bite. Where did you play this yet unreleased game?

And I also hope that the MP portion of the game is good.

puffrr22
8th Feb 2005, 14:17
Ahhh, that is my secret....can't tell :-)

BrainPrawn
8th Feb 2005, 14:37
Dagnabbit!

So... was it the PC version you say you played by chance?

puffrr22
8th Feb 2005, 15:58
Nope, wasn't the PC version

[T]Kizzao
8th Feb 2005, 17:56
did u by any cahnce offer the game store owner sexual favors in return to test the game out :rolleyes:

puffrr22
8th Feb 2005, 18:02
No favors were necessary....and it wasn't a retail store person anyway

BrainPrawn
10th Feb 2005, 14:49
Darn, I want/need PC info.

I am still a bit sore from getting punched in the face by DXIW, so you can see why I am just a tad leery of buying another multiplatform game.

puffrr22
10th Feb 2005, 15:35
I haven't heard much about the PC version, but I would have to guess it is going to be pretty good. I would give it a try.

[T]Kizzao
10th Feb 2005, 22:51
mutiplatform games are pretty weak some exceptions would be the MOH series :D

arche[T]ype
12th Feb 2005, 00:41
Well if they are first designed on PC and made for PC then ported over to consoles they aren't too bad.... at least not for the PC users :P

BrainPrawn
12th Feb 2005, 15:15
What they need to do is to design the game they want and then split into different teams. One for PC and one for consoles. Then they can start making changes and additions based on the individual platform instead of using the lowest common denominator.

But all this costs money and there lies the problem.

[T]Frost
18th Feb 2005, 12:09
Deus Ex is the best game ever made :D

teh roxxors
21st Feb 2005, 13:54
Multiplatform isn't a guaranteed loser. Hence:

Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Riddick: Escape From Butcher's Bay

Warren Specter made sure Deus Ex: Invisible War would be a loser with poor design decisions. Basically, anything that worked from System Shock 2 and Deus Ex, he removed, because he felt gamers were too stupid for deep, complex games. Makes me wonder how much he really had to do with those old classics, and how much he just took credit for.

I seem to remember Snowblind starting out as a total conversion for Deus Ex a few years ago. The premise was to make a more aggressive, action-oriented game. I assume this is where that old project ended up.

I can only hope that it has enough Deus Ex left in it to make it something more than standard-fare FPS. I certainly hope it pays more respect to its heritage than did that steaming pile called Invisible War.

BrainPrawn
21st Feb 2005, 21:58
If they can manage to get in more than about four drops of the original DX in Snowblind, the game will already be better than "standard-fare FPS". ;)

arche[T]ype
22nd Feb 2005, 00:22
All 3 of those games are buggy on PC and completely more enjoyable on console.

Random
22nd Feb 2005, 10:22
Warren Specter made sure Deus Ex: Invisible War would be a loser with poor design decisions. Basically, anything that worked from System Shock 2 and Deus Ex, he removed, because he felt gamers were too stupid for deep, complex games. Makes me wonder how much he really had to do with those old classics, and how much he just took credit for.

Everything you've written here is complete rubbish, but I'll undermine your argument quickly by pointing out one fact you don't seem to know: Warren Spector did not make Invisible War. He was the director of the Ion Storm studio, but Harvey Smith was the project director, meaning he was in charge of development, not Spector. As studio head, I suppose Spector takes ultimate responsibility for what comes out of it, but he was pretty hands-off during development.

deepblue
25th Feb 2005, 22:12
This is definitely not a DeusEx sequel. It is a fun FPS but not a DeusEx RPG in any way, shape, form, or manner.

I hope if they make another DeusEx it shows up on next year's technology (XBOX 2 / Playstation 3). No sense wasting a good story line on old equipment.