PDA

View Full Version : Which Version Will You Get?

EDDS_007
15th Dec 2004, 18:02
Xbox or PS2?

I will be getting the xbox version, because xbox owns!!

ShyTown
15th Dec 2004, 19:32
Im still decding on which one.

marker227
19th Dec 2004, 01:13
Originally posted by EDDS_007
Xbox or PS2?

I will be getting the xbox version, because xbox owns!!

me too until I thought about how live is on xbox. Im going xbox.

TIGHT2DEATH
19th Dec 2004, 02:12
I'm going with X-box, only because of the fact that the graphics will be much better.

Doominator
19th Dec 2004, 10:02
Playstation 2....

Prowler
20th Dec 2004, 03:28
I"m getting it on PS2 because PS2 owns.:rolleyes:

GShorty
21st Dec 2004, 02:57
Xbox all da way, Xbox [is better than] PS2-Gay cuz its got betta graphics, has a harddrive, and Xbox Live owns PS@-Gay connect or wtf its called...

KidVicious
21st Dec 2004, 03:13
I'm probably going with the PS2 version because most of my friends will probably go with that one.

.\\ERC
25th Dec 2004, 17:00
Since when did graphics make a game, there isn't THAT much difference in graphics between Xbox and PS2 :p BUT i think a game is all about the gameplay and the game itself...and BTW i'm getting it for PS2 :)

EDDS_007
28th Dec 2004, 20:17
Originally posted by .\\ERC
Since when did graphics make a game, there isn't THAT much difference in graphics between Xbox and PS2 :p BUT i think a game is all about the gameplay and the game itself...and BTW i'm getting it for PS2 :)

erm graphics make a huge difference, i went round my cousins the other day, he had a ps2 and i played gta: sa on it, and its graphics where so awfull, i could hardly see what i was doing. if the graphics where better it would be a great game, but they arnt so it really puts it down for me, at least its coming out on xbox with improved graphics.

and btw there is a huge difference in graphics bettween the ps2 and xbox.

Clumsyorchid
28th Dec 2004, 20:24
There is a huge difference in graphics from PS2 to Xbox, but a good game is a good game regardless of platform. As is the case with GTA: SA, the graphics may be a bit muddy, but the gameplay has plenty of depth and is pretty darn fun.

EDDS_007
29th Dec 2004, 00:10
yeah i agree, but i don't know how some people say graphics dont matter, when they clearly do.

Clumsyorchid
29th Dec 2004, 00:31
Graphics matter differently to every person. Some people won't play a bad looking game, no matter how good the actual gameplay is. That to me is upsetting, because graphics matter, but they don't make the game.

.\\ERC
31st Dec 2004, 01:24
I did NOT mean graphics don't matter in a game ppl, i was juss saying that Gameplay and the game itself, is more important than graphics to me...HECK im still happy playing my SNES over some PS2 XBox or GCube games.

FunkDoc
31st Dec 2004, 18:34
PlayStation2

SyR1S
31st Dec 2004, 22:18
ps2

.DT.
1st Jan 2005, 02:05
PS2, and why are people still arguing about xbox vs ps2. no one will have the same opinion half the time, i mean keep in mind the xbox is the newer system, but ps2 is still the CHAMP:D ...PS2 ON MINE!!

marker227
6th Jan 2005, 00:13
tell me how it turns out on ps2

Cygars
7th Jan 2005, 20:39
PS2 > Xbox enuff said.

Smashed
7th Jan 2005, 21:57
Im going with PS2 because online is free beeyatches....and better graphics.

PS2 > Xbox

MPG
8th Jan 2005, 23:25
Originally posted by Prowler
I"m getting it on PS2 because PS2 owns.:rolleyes: ps2 GSHorty does your name mean get shorty

MPG
8th Jan 2005, 23:28
Originally posted by Clumsyorchid
There is a huge difference in graphics from PS2 to Xbox, but a good game is a good game regardless of platform. As is the case with GTA: SA, the graphics may be a bit muddy, but the gameplay has plenty of depth and is pretty darn fun. GTA sA has good graphics wat r u talking about

GangstaLife
8th Jan 2005, 23:53
ps2

Clumsyorchid
9th Jan 2005, 00:26
GTA SA has good graphics, there's no doubt it's a good game graphically... for PS2. But if the game was developed from the ground up for Xbox the title would be much better looking. That wasn't the point of my post though, I was saying that graphics do not make the game, the gameplay does.

There's always going to be a preference to one console over the other and I'm not saying that one is better than the other by any means. I think we should stray from having any console debates because they simply won't go anywhere.

MPG
11th Jan 2005, 01:54
ok idont want a debate wat r u gonna be on 25 if ur gonna be a gang member wanna join mine or if u have one we can allie

Backup_pl4n{UK}
11th Jan 2005, 02:28
It has to be xbox............better graphics, better online play, and it has a hard disc, where can you go wrong!!!! :)

marker227
12th Jan 2005, 21:38
Im getting it for xbox, one because the online is better like features, and 2 because it has a harddrive already in it. im not buying it for ps2 because sooner or later I will need the 100 dollar hard drive. And the system will hold up longer.

Who can I add on my friends list when I get the game?

Backup_pl4n{UK}
12th Jan 2005, 23:05
You can add me, im UK though, My gamertag is LivedMoRpHiNe

Michael Bolton
14th Jan 2005, 04:04
ps2 all the way baby

CraZyPingU
14th Jan 2005, 17:15
ofcourse ps2 (i dont have xbox :P )

nojoke007
14th Jan 2005, 22:11
my gt is nojoke007

im contemplating purchasing a ps2 but there arent any good games that are worth purchasing that i can not buy on my xbox right now.

remember that certain games were built for certain systems. madden on xbox<madden on ps2; espn nfl 2k5 on xbox>espn nfl 2k5 on ps2. all depends on which the developers prefer, and control scheme. depending on the developer also depends on graphics. i cannot tell a true difference in espn nfl 2k5 on xbox or ps2. however some games like gta look better but not as great that the ps2 version sucks (or that you 'cant see'). im an xbox guy but i respect most of the ps2 stuff. i dont understand the compatibility issues with the new ps2 and the old ps2 with the hdd. that turned me off from purchasing a ps2 but i will probably get a ps3 when it comes out.

if i had a ps2 and xbox, i would def. purchase the xbox version because the thumbsticks move better (from my experiences and IMO). ps2 online is a joke because there is no true way to get rid of cheaters. on xbox live, people have to pay every time they feel like getting banned, which can be a very good thing. there are people that never bought xbox live (2 month trials) that never will pay for it, so the price aspect is not bad. with xbox live you have a better range of updates as you have more storage (you need to pay extra $100 for hdd, my xbox came with it :cool: ). $50 is not a lot, its the price of a game (and comes with headset) and is not even close to price of playing a MMORPG on pc

specter13
15th Jan 2005, 02:35
Originally posted by GShorty
Xbox all da way, Xbox [is better than] PS2-Gay cuz its got betta graphics, has a harddrive, and Xbox Live owns PS@-Gay connect or wtf its called...
LOL buddy dont cry cause more people are gonna buy it for PS2 xbox suks

specter13
15th Jan 2005, 02:39
Im gonna buy for PS2 and juging by the rating so will most casuexbox suks

specter13
15th Jan 2005, 02:41
Originally posted by Backup_pl4n{UK}
It has to be xbox............better graphics, better online play, and it has a hard disc, where can you go wrong!!!! :)

LOL well 1. xbox games always suk @ xbox online play is trash i had it 4 2 month and dam it was laggy ad all the games suk Ps2 online definalty wins. Xbox is trash

specter13
15th Jan 2005, 02:43
Originally posted by nojoke007
my gt is nojoke007

im contemplating purchasing a ps2 but there arent any good games that are worth purchasing that i can not buy on my xbox right now.

remember that certain games were built for certain systems. madden on xbox<madden on ps2; espn nfl 2k5 on xbox>espn nfl 2k5 on ps2. all depends on which the developers prefer, and control scheme. depending on the developer also depends on graphics. i cannot tell a true difference in espn nfl 2k5 on xbox or ps2. however some games like gta look better but not as great that the ps2 version sucks (or that you 'cant see'). im an xbox guy but i respect most of the ps2 stuff. i dont understand the compatibility issues with the new ps2 and the old ps2 with the hdd. that turned me off from purchasing a ps2 but i will probably get a ps3 when it comes out.

if i had a ps2 and xbox, i would def. purchase the xbox version because the thumbsticks move better (from my experiences and IMO). ps2 online is a joke because there is no true way to get rid of cheaters. on xbox live, people have to pay every time they feel like getting banned, which can be a very good thing. there are people that never bought xbox live (2 month trials) that never will pay for it, so the price aspect is not bad. with xbox live you have a better range of updates as you have more storage (you need to pay extra $100 for hdd, my xbox came with it :cool: ). $50 is not a lot, its the price of a game (and comes with headset) and is not even close to price of playing a MMORPG on pc

buddy.............xbox online is a joke most people that own xbox dont even have online casue it suks ass it laggs games suks and servers are screwed PS2 defianlty wins in oonline

nojoke007
15th Jan 2005, 03:02
which games have you played i would like to know?

halo 2 games have no lag at all, thanks to the new 'party system' which does not use servers or dedicated servers AT ALL.

games like counter strike, rs3, rs3:ba, MA, and others do not have lag.

let me remind you that lag is short for latency which results in one of the HOSTS having a weak connection, or not enough bandwidth. i do not know about your connection (dsl?) or how many computers you have connected to your network, but I have never experienced lag because of xbox live. whenever i find lag in a sports game, the other player always says that they have dsl (and almost always have p2p running on pc).

im not trying to promote xbox live, but dont say it 'lags' because every game lags depending on the persons setup.

ps2 online is a nice service for free, but when you have no true leaderboard, it makes you wonder.

never tell me that xbox live lags if your service allows dial up connections

specter13
15th Jan 2005, 03:29
Ummmmm Xbox online lags allot my friend has it and he keeps getting booted every 30-60mins and he has cable internet?

specter13
15th Jan 2005, 03:49
Halo2 laggs like hell and besides that game suks

nojoke007
15th Jan 2005, 16:14
if you have a good connection, there is no way you will have lag on halo 2. bungie came up with something called a 'Party System' in which the only people you are matched up against are ones that have an equal connection as you. im sure what you and your friend experienced was the modem glitch that really ****ed up halo 2 right now...(the other team has advantage and it lags for the other team.
i play xbox live almost every day and i never have lag unless someone is using the modem glitch (very obvious, because it is usually done in CTF matches where the other team ends up scoring points while you are waiting at the team select screen because bungie has a little glitch.
i cant talk from your experiences but i have never had a problem simply because of lag.

marker227
15th Jan 2005, 20:23
halo 2 is like halo for the computer. its just... like the same game besides SOME of the upgrades

Krayzie
15th Jan 2005, 20:24
i have both x-box and ps2..but the only thing i have online fer is xbox.. i will most likely go with x-box version. and by the way... x-box never lagz fer me.. and i have dsl..

marker227
15th Jan 2005, 20:25
Originally posted by specter13
LOL well 1. xbox games always suk @ xbox online play is trash i had it 4 2 month and dam it was laggy ad all the games suk Ps2 online definalty wins. Xbox is trash

none of them suck, they are both pretty good.

specter13
16th Jan 2005, 20:51
well all i know is PS2 never lags and prefer the online

specter13
17th Jan 2005, 00:34
Originally posted by Clumsyorchid
GTA SA has good graphics, there's no doubt it's a good game graphically... for PS2. But if the game was developed from the ground up for Xbox the title would be much better looking. That wasn't the point of my post though, I was saying that graphics do not make the game, the gameplay does.

There's always going to be a preference to one console over the other and I'm not saying that one is better than the other by any means. I think we should stray from having any console debates because they simply won't go anywhere.

Yea but if it was made for the xbox it would have low game play.