PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV MIA From Theatrhythm?

member_10001973
3rd Jul 2012, 20:12
I couldn't help but notice that FFXIV is missing from the series list. Pretty big bummer in my books.

Will we be seeing XIV tracks as DLC in the future? I know Somnus from FFversusXIII was in the game or DLC, seems odd to include a track from a game that's not even released while ignoring a game in the franchise that's been out for over a year.

Jackstin
4th Jul 2012, 05:05
What you've got to remember is that XIV is being COMPLETELY remade. XIV has such a poor reputation that SE are effectively pretending thatnit hasn't been released yet, and that 2.0 is the true release.

In short if there was another Dissidia, or Theatrhythm, or any crossover, I'm sure XIV would be included, but they would show footage of the game past 2.0.

To be honest I'm happy they didn't snub XI. XI is just as much a main entry as any of the others and yet in Dissidia they never have a representative in the main storyline.

Summoner
4th Jul 2012, 06:34
I'm sure they will somewhere down the line.

tiaeltaru
4th Jul 2012, 09:50
I couldn't help but notice that FFXIV is missing from the series list. Pretty big bummer in my books.

Will we be seeing XIV tracks as DLC in the future? I know Somnus from FFversusXIII was in the game or DLC, seems odd to include a track from a game that's not even released while ignoring a game in the franchise that's been out for over a year.

Yeah, while this is a 25th anniversary title, there aren’t any songs in for Final Fantasy XIV, which is available for PCs, or spinoff titles like Final Fantasy USA(aka Final Fantasy Mystic Quest in Japan).

When you look up the collection of music in Theatrhythm, songs were collected from the mainstream Final Fantasy titles. We didn’t use spinoffs or anything like that and because of that USA was not included. Versus XIII is part of Fabula Nova Crystallis (http://www.siliconera.com/tag/fabula-nova-crystallis/), the Final Fantasy XIII family, and we put music from every single game in that series into Theatrhythm.

In terms of Final Fantasy XIV, I personally thought that they were not ready to be incorporated into it. This was just my opinion, but they are changing the game. Maybe in the future, when they are ready, we may add songs from XIV.

www.siliconera.com/2012/07/02/how-a-vers... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/02/how-a-versus-xiii-song-got-into-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-and-other-questions/)

So yeah, possibility of XIV DLC songs after 2.0 releases.