PDA

View Full Version : is this like gta

atownplaya369
11th Dec 2004, 23:16
will there be like roaming in this game like u can in gta. like go anywhere????? and this game doesnt look t-rated to me

TIGHT2DEATH
13th Dec 2004, 17:15
I would like to know if it is like Grand Theft Auto games also. It seems like this is gonna be a very good game. Is there gonna be demo for this game?

Brandon Heat
13th Dec 2004, 17:51
From what I've seen, it looks a bit like GTA San Andreas, but there is definately more emphasis on the actual gun fights more than GTA's odd jobs.

Also, the fact that you get to play the game from 2 different perspectives is different from the GTA series.

ShyTown
13th Dec 2004, 20:41
Gamespot.com say its GTA+SOCOM and Socom players should def check this game out. I hope their right.

GShorty
14th Dec 2004, 02:55
I think the game is gonna be real tight, but i don't think there will be any roaming. I have heard that there are pedestrians and stuff, but i think they are for taking hostage when your a gangsta, or you can just kill them. I haven't played SOCOM fora while so i dunno bout that, but if its kinda like GTA, it will be pretty damn pimp. Screnen shots are really cool already.

Grrrrrrr
27th Dec 2004, 21:55
Originally posted by ShyTown
Gamespot.com say its GTA+SOCOM and Socom players should def check this game out. I hope their right.

Ya I think this is more like Socom. The sights for the guns and the movement of the characters are kind of the same. How it's like GTA is the look of the characters. If you are really looking for a true combo of Socom (3rd person military shooter) and GTA then Mercenaries is probably the game you're looking for.

There are full of free-roaming environments. Anything you can see can be driven, stolen, destroyed. You can carjack a tank.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/mercenaries/

Official site: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/mercenaries/main.html

Launch date: January 11. (Right around the corner)

I get that editors say that 25 to Life is like GTA + Socom. But to me Mercenaries truly is, not 25TL. Plus, GTA is not online.. just like Mercenaries is not online. If it was, it would be THE game to get. But I think 25TL will be because it's online.

Grrrrrrr
27th Dec 2004, 21:55
I guess I got kind of longwinded there... sorry.

tenzoroku
5th Jan 2005, 16:04
haah nice a Gungrave fan hehe

tenzoroku
5th Jan 2005, 16:05
Originally posted by Brandon Heat
From what I've seen, it looks a bit like GTA San Andreas, but there is definately more emphasis on the actual gun fights more than GTA's odd jobs.

Also, the fact that you get to play the game from 2 different perspectives is different from the GTA series. yeah i mean him as a Gungrave fan

GSF_4_Life
7th Jan 2005, 13:23
hey i think that this is going to be a sweet game and i love socom
so iv read alot about this game i have ordered a pre copy for this game

Michael Bolton
14th Jan 2005, 16:42
yeah, it looks alot like socom and it has similarities like on gta sa theres tagging and there is on this game too. the weapons are similar to both gta and socom.