PDA

View Full Version : 25TL online, as good as Socom?

hiro
10th Dec 2004, 14:08
We all know we are waiting for the "next" SOCOM, or any game for that matter to dethrone SOCOM as the online console game.

So, does anyone think this game will be it? I got a chance to play it at E3 this year and while I wasnt that impressed, it did leave me with a feeling that if done correctly, this could definitely be the next SOCOM type game that everyone is looking for.

What are your thoughts?

SwamiG8R
10th Dec 2004, 15:28
I have been waiting for a year to find a game like Socom2....I hope this is it.....been soooo disappointed in Star Wars, and Ghost Recon 2, that this has to be the one....

ShyTown
10th Dec 2004, 17:09
I dunno...the only game modes they mentioned were classic game modes like CTF,Assault,etc. I haven't heard any game modes similar to Socom.

BURDMAN
10th Dec 2004, 19:03
MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO CHECK THIS GAME OUT, ARE THEY GOING TO DO BETA TEST IT?

DeMiCk
10th Dec 2004, 21:03
I don't know if this could be a ghetto version of SOCOM, but I do know that this looks like a shorter, cartoonish version of GTA: San Andreas. I think maybe they're hoping that if the story sucks, then at least there's online mode (which GTA doesn't have).

skee360
10th Dec 2004, 21:20
well socom 1&2 was not that bad when it first came out but after a few years it just, got AHHHHH. And then starwars with all that lag I let that game go about two mouths after I got it. So I hope 25 life be what I hope it is!

peace out!

;) NO GODS!
NO MASTERS!

RaB1D
11th Dec 2004, 03:43
theres 2 much fake crap out there
please make this REAL.

i like the look of the game so far, the modes look cool, but theres one area i am a little concerned about: "TAG MODE". the idea sounds real good if its done right, if its done wrong it will be a real let down. my deal is with the customization of your own original "tag" or graphic. there needs to be more than just an alphabet you can tweek , but a paint tool similar to other games, where you can actually draw your own GRAFF graphic, and this MUST be included. if not this mode will be little more than another crappy way for game developers to throw in cheap imitations of STREET ART into their game - im tired of seeing it. they need to stop trying to use the "true to dat street my homie g dawg" attitude and look into how they can make their game look and feel realistic and fun.

thatz it.

Socoms Finest
12th Dec 2004, 03:00
Eidos I have 6 words for you.. PLEASE DO NOT RUSH THIS GAME! Hopefully they take this advise, and give us a game that can compete with Socom 2. Star Wars couldn't do it, Ghost Recon 2 didn't even come close, Killzone... off base. I know that I will be waiting for the reviews to buy this game. There has been too much trash selling lately. Oh one request , GAMEPLAY.. GAMEPLAY.. GAMEPLAY! You can have the GREATEST graphics for the PS2, but if the gameplay is horrible, the game is WORTHLESS. So please think it through.

Mono del Espacio
12th Dec 2004, 22:57
Although it looks good, I doubt it will have anything on SOCOM II.

The closest to SOCOM II that has been released is Killzone.

skee360
12th Dec 2004, 23:51
the funny thing about this is about two yrs ago me and some friends were talking about a game like this and look !
just make it able to play on two playstations running off of a router!

NO GODS!
NO MASTERS!

KobeBryant08
13th Dec 2004, 07:38
25 to life is strait up jackin and gangster greatness. Socom is played out camping. I just hope there will be some rides, so we could split up pigs heads LA style.

Im out.

SwamiG8R
13th Dec 2004, 17:10
Originally posted by Mono del Espacio

Really?
so its more like Socom2 than any others?....
clans/rooms/maps?

ShyTown
13th Dec 2004, 19:05
Originally posted by SwamiG8R
Really?
so its more like Socom2 than any others?....
clans/rooms/maps?

the only thing thats the same is the lobby servers dats it but no clan feature

GShorty
14th Dec 2004, 03:16
GR2 [was better than] SOCOM, nuff said. THis game will be good but i agree with that one dude, don't rush the game, they rushed Halo2 and took a bunch of **** out that would have been pimp in gameplay! be patient people, goddamn, the more time we give them, the better the game will be.

AlBo MaFiA
18th Dec 2004, 14:57
Originally posted by ShyTown
the only thing thats the same is the lobby servers dats it but no clan feature

it said in gamespot the second movie on the Xbox verion that there will b clans :confused:

AlBo MaFiA
18th Dec 2004, 15:00
Originally posted by GShorty
GR2 [was better than] SOCOM, nuff said. THis game will be good but i agree with that one dude, don't rush the game, they rushed Halo2 and took a bunch of **** out that would have been pimp in gameplay! be patient people, goddamn, the more time we give them, the better the game will be.

they rushed halo 2 lol it already took like 1 year and 11 months nd 9 days lol i think they had enough time 4 halo 2 cuz they kept on pushing it back, they pushed it back like 3 times

Nishua
20th Dec 2004, 06:12
I really hope that you think Socom is a good game right ???

Prowler
20th Dec 2004, 17:06
I don't think so, Socom II will always be the king until Socom III.
25 To Life will be up there with it tough.

SwamiG8R
24th Dec 2004, 00:58
there was a good review on IGN....

Michael Bolton
14th Jan 2005, 04:06
i think this will be better than socom, it has everything socom lacks.

CraZyPingU
14th Jan 2005, 17:14
cmon there HAS 2 a clan thing... it rules... just like socom 2 ;)

Syphilis
17th Jan 2005, 00:15
i think it will blow socom away

specter13
17th Jan 2005, 00:37
Originally posted by GShorty

na GR2 suks

Nishua
17th Jan 2005, 02:41
Originally posted by SwamiG8R
there was a good review on IGN....

One thing Ive learned in life and maybe you should try to follow this is that you should not listen to others. IGN onlly cares about promoting sales. THey will telll you a game is good even though its bad. Its all personal perference when you think about it. Just because they like it doesnt mean you will.

MERCILESS
17th Jan 2005, 07:53
This game will do well regardless just b/c of the hype and what it represents. Its going to appeal to a whole new crowd not just video game nerds, trust me.

SwamiG8R
17th Jan 2005, 18:33
Originally posted by Nishua
One thing Ive learned in life and maybe you should try to follow this is that you should not listen to others. IGN onlly cares about promoting sales. THey will telll you a game is good even though its bad. Its all personal perference when you think about it. Just because they like it doesnt mean you will.

Thank you for the life lesson.....its a preview...
and....umm...what do you think Eidos is doing? A Public service?

O.G.
18th Jan 2005, 22:49
well, it will just have to do until socom III, cuz I haven't heard
any thing as far as any devlopement or relase date on socom III
I only heard a rumor that it would possablly be released when
the PS3 was tobe releasted,

go figure,

SwamiG8R
25th Jan 2005, 15:53
well, it will just have to do until socom III, cuz I haven't heard
any thing as far as any devlopement or relase date on socom III
I only heard a rumor that it would possablly be released when
the PS3 was tobe releasted,

go figure,

Thats excactly what I heard....kind of like the brilliant strategy with the HDD....what a terrible idea..SOCOM blew it with that crap....making us buy a magazine for a map, and theonly thing the HDD is good for is SOCOM....
25toLife better be good

PotsieWebber
8th Feb 2005, 02:53
NO its Not But the CLosest thing that is that is Brothers in Arms yall should chech it out even though its in first person it look awsome

http://www.brothersinarmsgame.com/us/index.php

SwamiG8R
8th Feb 2005, 22:43
if only in 3rd person...it'd be awesome

RaNsOm
27th Feb 2005, 19:28
It will top socom in my opinion. Ghost recon 2 was better than socom in my opinion but it was a little too slow and no blood kinda killed it. This game should do it though.

rodericj
1st Mar 2005, 22:11
I just hope that people don't get on the network and start to think that they are actually street. It sounds like some people on the forum already are.

the funny thing about this is about two yrs ago me and some friends were talking about a game like this and look !
just make it able to play on two playstations running off of a router!

Didn't they do that? Isn't it just a lan game?

Shugart BHD
9th Mar 2005, 04:02
Socom III is being released for the PS2 this fall (supposedly). Look it up on gamespot or google it for more info.

Smartmove
26th Mar 2005, 06:05

i really hate killzone grenades , they make it so real but like ur screen shakes when u throw a dam grenade grrr..... plus in killzone its like they got metal plates in their head when u shoot them with a machince gun, another grrr... think that over

Smartmove
26th Mar 2005, 06:07
for online modes Ctf, Etc.... they should have shyt like socom plant the bomb but the gansters have to plant the bomb in the police building or something and the police will stop it, and

---- Will there be swat teams??!

MonstaKody06
29th Mar 2005, 04:39
Well in the end its your own decision which is better and you can only know for yourself by playing both. I have played both and I think they are both good games. I prefer 25 to Life because its less hiding and alot more straight forward run and gun gameplay. Socom seemed to have more mist, hiding in reeds and stuff. But its the gameplay of the streets vs the military operation. Personally 25 to Life seems a lot more fresh than Socom since there are so many other military games. Just depends on your style but I think 25 to Life opens up a bigger audience like someone else said.