PDA

View Full Version : Long live Angelina Jolie

Rage aka Andrè
4th Dec 2004, 03:26
Long live Angelina Jolie. She rocked as Lara!!!! Dont you guys think??

whitemetal
4th Dec 2004, 09:30
A lot here will disagree with that but personally i think she rocks hard as Lara..........nice call Rage or is that Andre' :)

Trinity34
4th Dec 2004, 18:07
Hi Rage. :)

I think she rocks as Lara too.

midroth
4th Dec 2004, 18:56
Originally posted by White Metal
A lot here will disagree ....... Yor are right, I do for example. I disagree.

Rage aka Andrè
4th Dec 2004, 21:53
So whos the new chick as her in the 3rd movie??
Omg, angelina jolie is so hott....i was like :eek: when i saw the 2nd movie. :D

Metalette
5th Dec 2004, 22:59
well who do u honestly think wud b a better lara?
b4 the 1st 1 came out i thought catherine zeta jones wud have looked quite like her all kitted out in laras' stuff but i think angelina was good 2

GFunk
5th Dec 2004, 23:43
Angelina was ok......But does anybody know who it will be in the 3rd film?
:)

Trinity34
7th Dec 2004, 02:06
Well Angelina said she did not want to do another TR movie and Paramount has taken down the website with no explanation. I don't know if there will be another movie :(

TombRaiderChik
8th Dec 2004, 14:20
there wont be. its just rumors about a third movie.

btw, angelina rocks as lara :) and in every role she plays.

Metalette
8th Dec 2004, 15:43
ah id say there wil b another movie eventually. there is sooo much potential for a great movie from the story of tomb raider(s) i honestly thought it was goin to b like the next james bond (As in there is 20 of them all different) and obviously with time different lara's, i really wish something like that wud happen. ah jus have to wait n see

Trinity34
8th Dec 2004, 17:20
Its interesting that most of the paramount executives that worked on the TR movies have left or been fired, so I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

But I think with the success of the movie, National Treasure, there still might be some interest in tomb raider type movies. :)

Mina
10th Dec 2004, 19:07
Hi to everybody well about Tomb Raider's film and Angelina Jolie i'm not really interested i think that as movie Paramount could make a better film! from Tomb Raider 1 to Tomb Raider 2 no one of them i like! The first time that i seen Tomb Raider's movie release i thought that it was a great movie and i thought that the story was just like that of the game but unfortunatly it wasn't like this!
When Tomb Raider 2 was released i hoped that it was better that the first but not even the second had me surprise but i hope that the third will be beatiful.
But i'm sure about one thing that nobody can take our Lara Croft's place Lara is Lara! And she's only one!
I think that Winona Ryder with some make up and Lara Croft's style she is a perfect Lara:p
But i think that Angelina is good enaugh after all there's no actress that can impersonate Lara and Angelina i think is better of all!;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
10th Dec 2004, 23:07
Originally posted by Mina

I think that Winona Ryder with some make up and Lara Croft's style she is a perfect Lara:p

You are kidding, right? :o :eek:

DKSM
10th Dec 2004, 23:20
Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
You are kidding, right? :o :eek:

Has to be a joke. Winona can't even steal from a store, let alone a tomb guarded by spirits.

midroth
10th Dec 2004, 23:30
Would be Britney an idea?

*duckandcover*

Mina
10th Dec 2004, 23:39
Spears i don't think Jolie and Ryder are the only that can impersonate Lara!

midroth
10th Dec 2004, 23:42
Ok, forget Britney. Take WHOOPI G. instead!

TombRaiderChik
12th Dec 2004, 04:14
Originally posted by DKSM
Has to be a joke. Winona can't even steal from a store, let alone a tomb guarded by spirits.

HAHAHAHA

ryder - no way. big mistake.
spears - even BIGGER mistake.

:rolleyes:

lets face it ladies and gentelmen, angelina is the perfect human lara... except i think rhona mitra make a lovely lara croft too :D

whitemetal
12th Dec 2004, 12:17
Or a computer generated Lara Croft for the big screen :eek:

knightgames
13th Dec 2004, 08:07
How easy we forget Rhona Mitra. She was the first live Lara model. (Or the second....but I'm pretty sure she was first.)

If you aren't familiar with her she is an English lady so the accent is there. She was the next door neighbour to Kevin Bacon in "Hollow Man." And now she can be seen as a regular on the US television show "Boston Legal."

She's attractive... she's the right age... she's got the accent...and she can act.

I liked Angelina as Lara, but I did have a problem with her portraying her. Lara has a modicum of notoriety because she's famous from the games. BUT... in the game's reality I doubt she was a mega star that we know her to be.

Put another way: When Lara saved the planet from Ms. Natla, do you think the world realized it was saved from certain doom by Lara Croft? (Or even that the world was in peril never mind saved)
She (Lara) did what she did. She put things right. Her fame was from her wealth and her fathers noteriety, not from her tomb raiding.

So now my point about Angelina is that she is SOOOOOOOO famous.... so recognizable... that the way I think of Lara (as someone working in the background unbeknownst to the world) is totally opposite from the "AURA" of Angolina.

Yeah, It's a small thing and didn't ruin the movie for me....

As far as another one being made... I doubt it. The only scene I liked was when she appeared in the first "temple" after coming out of the water. Angelina really transfered the sense of AWE one must experience discovering something lost and forgotten about for millenia. to be the first to unwrap the mysteries. She did that well...making me feel like I was there with her.

All right I'm done. Would the last to leave turn out the lights?

Bob

Rose662
19th Dec 2004, 03:49
Angelina is cool. She *is* Lara.

There is not going to be a TR3 movie. That's just a rumor.

I haven't really seen enough of Rhona Mitra's acting to judge whether she would be a good Lara in a movie or not if they ever do make a third TR movie. I only saw her in Hollow Man and she never spoke in that.

Ryder as Lara?! NO WAY! She can't act and I don't want her involved in the franchise.

Originally posted by knightgames
How easy we forget Rhona Mitra. She was the first live Lara model. (Or the second....but I'm pretty sure she was first.)

If you aren't familiar with her she is an English lady so the accent is there. She was the next door neighbour to Kevin Bacon in "Hollow Man." And now she can be seen as a regular on the US television show "Boston Legal."

She's attractive... she's the right age... she's got the accent...and she can act.

I liked Angelina as Lara, but I did have a problem with her portraying her. Lara has a modicum of notoriety because she's famous from the games. BUT... in the game's reality I doubt she was a mega star that we know her to be.

Put another way: When Lara saved the planet from Ms. Natla, do you think the world realized it was saved from certain doom by Lara Croft? (Or even that the world was in peril never mind saved)
She (Lara) did what she did. She put things right. Her fame was from her wealth and her fathers noteriety, not from her tomb raiding.

So now my point about Angelina is that she is SOOOOOOOO famous.... so recognizable... that the way I think of Lara (as someone working in the background unbeknownst to the world) is totally opposite from the "AURA" of Angolina.

Yeah, It's a small thing and didn't ruin the movie for me....

As far as another one being made... I doubt it. The only scene I liked was when she appeared in the first "temple" after coming out of the water. Angelina really transfered the sense of AWE one must experience discovering something lost and forgotten about for millenia. to be the first to unwrap the mysteries. She did that well...making me feel like I was there with her.

All right I'm done. Would the last to leave turn out the lights?

Bob