PDA

View Full Version : Tr7???

enoch
2nd Dec 2004, 12:35
No news from TR 7 this year? It looks like we have been fooled again...

midroth
2nd Dec 2004, 14:45
Seems so. How long is autum there, here autum is over...

bedazzled
2nd Dec 2004, 17:26
looks like a repeat performance of AOD.

enoch
2nd Dec 2004, 17:58
Originally posted by midroth
Seems so. How long is autum there, here autum is over...

North from where you live winter has arrived - it´s going to be a long one.:mad:

enoch
2nd Dec 2004, 18:01
Originally posted by bedazzled
looks like a repeat performance of AOD.

YEP!:(

Tipsko
2nd Dec 2004, 18:12
I think it's a little bit too early to say it's a repeat performance of AOD. There isn't even a release date set for the game! Of course I would like to see the progress they're making on the next game, but relax, give them some time so there won't be a repeat performance of AOD when they'll release it (whenever that may be :p ) I think it's a good thing to wait till there is something worth to show, it could really save a lot of dissapointment to fans if they aren't going to show things in such an early state of the game (probably it is).

Can't wait to see some new screens and info, just let it be good!

midroth
2nd Dec 2004, 18:34
@Tipsko: you are right, some days more, will not make the pig more fatter...but the/our hunger. ;)

Trinity34
2nd Dec 2004, 23:06
Originally posted by midroth
@Tipsko: you are right, some days more, will not make the pig more fatter...but the/our hunger. ;)

:D

Grey Mouser
2nd Dec 2004, 23:27
Originally posted by enoch
It looks like we have been fooled again...

???

Hmm...I don't understand. We are not in the business of fooling people, simply making good games (now and then). Although, admittedly, I wish AOD had come out better...

Perhaps some patience is in order? That's my guess...

Trinity34
2nd Dec 2004, 23:40
So Mouser, not even a tidbit ?...... :D

yesrushdt
3rd Dec 2004, 01:41
Yeah, you're killing us here Mouser. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Winter starts in 3 weeks, so there is some time yet. Guess I can try to be patient for a little while longer. :D

Carolyn
5th Dec 2004, 21:27
I will wait as long as it takes. I would imagine they are doing their best to make the next Tomb Raider as good as it can be. I don't want it rushed, I want it to be great!
This is a great time to play the user-made levels and replay the old games.

enoch
5th Dec 2004, 22:56
Neither I wish to see this game rushed and turn out to be a dissapointment and a failure. All I am saying is that we were promised a small sample of the next installment and we haven't been shown that. For my part this 7th TR could just as well wait till next autumn, I don't mind. But at least, lets see what it looks like and hear what it is about. And it is still one of the most important games to me.

knightgames
13th Dec 2004, 08:55
Eh............ I can wait without the revelations. TR6 was previewed 2 years before it was released. Magazines said it looked FANTASTIC. And it did. I know I had GREAT hopes for it.

Many new enhancements were announced to improve game play, like character interaction.

But now..... after seeing those previews and how much hope I had for as good an experience I had with TR1, I was totally disheartened.

Yes there was some good in AOD, but overall it was a VERY pale sequel to the TR franchise. Most levels were TINY. If you've played any of the original you know what I mean.

The character interaction was tedious at best. While it looked beautiful, Lara moved like she was stuck in the Boston Mollasses Flood. Her guns were gone. The game was buggy and overwritten with stutters and slowdown.

I still haven't played it a second time. I get bored with it. The faults made it not worth playing twice. (I'll probably go back to it after the holidays when it slows down... but with so MANY other things available I probably won't)

I liked the story. Keep it, but improve the GOOD things of TR6... while implimenting the older things that made TR what it was.

So, I'll patiently wait till info is released at E3 next year and find out it won't be released till 2006. (LOL I hope not... I'd like 2005, but with NO info on the game, 2005 looks mighty slim)

regards,
Robert

uzigirl
15th Dec 2004, 21:22
Well I hope we can adhere to this:

No news is good news! :rolleyes: