PDA

View Full Version : great game but a minor problem and suggestion

jdskater
1st Dec 2004, 03:10
great job to those involved in the making of this game. its a blast on xbox live and the best 20 bucks i have spent on a game.

some of us are having a minor problem in that when on xbox live the game locks up and we have to restart our xbox. it doesnt happen a whole lot and happens to just about all type of connections and hosting or not hosting. it also seems to happen to some ppl more then others. i was just wondering if there is plans to fix this problem or not and also to suggest that either on this one as a patch or the next crash n burn 2 that the exp levels go much higher with more unlockables for those willing to spend the time playing the game. right now there are many of us at level 20 which is the highest you can get and there is a few that have everything unlocked already. it would be nice to be able to shoot for a level 100 or higher and doing so unlocks a part that not many others would have. thx

imported_mike_g
1st Dec 2004, 17:38
Thanks jdskater, glad you like the game. I'm not sure what is causing the problem, but I make sure someone here looks into it. I agree with your suggestions, if we do make a CNB2. Hey jd, are you a member of our Gamespy ladder for CNB? If you make it into the top 12, you get to play in a match hosted by Eidos, for a prize.

http://arena.gamespy.com/ladder/26571

Jumpin_Jebus
2nd Dec 2004, 17:36
Hey jdskater-

We have a number of e-mails bouncing around the office right now looking into your report of crashing. I know I haven't gotten any reports of problems from any other C n' B users since the games release, which leads me to suspect it may be caused by something else.

One possible cause could be a connection issue. One our UK testers remembers seeing a similar crash early in development of the game. Turns out it was caused by weird connection problems in our UK office.

It could also be the Xbox itself, particularly the save profile for C n' B. You might want to try copying the C n' B saves to an Xbox memory card, then delete the entire save profile off the Xbox hard drive. Then pop the game back in, create a new profile, and try recreating the crash. If you don't see it again, the saves were probably just corrupted.

The last possibility I can think of, is a defective disk. Although this is extremely unlikely, since you have been able to play the game, for the most part, without problems.

Keep us posted and we'll see what else we can do. :D

jdskater
2nd Dec 2004, 23:12
thx for the effort of trying to fix this problem. almost everyone i have raced with on live has had this problem but i guess no one wants to take the time to register here and post there agreement. there are multiple types of connections that have this problem as well as routers so it makes me think its more online server/game related. i will post the link to this forum at a couple places i visit and maybe more posters giving there info about it will help you out.

Jumpin_Jebus
3rd Dec 2004, 00:04
I'm sorry this is happening man. :( For whatever it's worth, I hope the problem is not as wide spread as it sounds from reading your posts. Strange I have not gotten a single tech support request on this issue. I will keep researching this and report back here as soon as I know more.

thumperness
3rd Dec 2004, 01:54
Originally posted by jdskater
great job to those involved in the making of this game. its a blast on xbox live and the best 20 bucks i have spent on a game.

some of us are having a minor problem in that when on xbox live the game locks up and we have to restart our xbox. it doesnt happen a whole lot and happens to just about all type of connections and hosting or not hosting. it also seems to happen to some ppl more then others. i was just wondering if there is plans to fix this problem or not

I'm having the same problem. It usually happens between races. I think it's when the host is switching to a new track but I don't really know if there is a corrolation.

MIX_MASTER_ICE
6th Dec 2004, 05:22
I have also had the lock-up problem and it seems to be happening more often as of late. It locks up in the loading screen following the host selecting and starting the race. This is getting very irritating, especially when this happens several times in one sitting. If I host a game there seems to be no problem, so what that means I don't know. Something I do know is something needs to be done about this soon.

BTW, very fun game. There does need to be an option to change game modes within an established lobby.