PDA

View Full Version : Which will it be?

uber_panzer
29th Nov 2004, 00:48
i know it is a little early but i would like to know what team are you thinking of being and why

ME the brits.from a historical standpoint i love there involvment in set period especially on the high seas

Arctic_Wolf
29th Nov 2004, 00:54
I will play as the British first, patriotism.
Then the Russians, I was born there.

Then sort of get round to playing the others, eventually, possibly.
:rolleyes:

Capt.Jack Aubrey
29th Nov 2004, 01:05
England

Capt.Jack Aubrey
29th Nov 2004, 01:06
Probably Great Britain. For many reasons, civilized, powerful like many others. But to me they seemed the beginners of America. They were the first to colonize America, and set up a stable colony after a large amount of years. But, orgnized. Yet a bit too cocky sometimes. For walking when getting shot at. But that was is a strange way of there tactics, and some what in a code of honor for England:D. I shall see it, that they become the powerful nation above all. I shall sail to France on the Acuron and destroy every enemy in sight!

BlackCoat
29th Nov 2004, 01:24
Russia.

Ill take the city of Konstantin back first. Then maybe agree to Nappys continental system... especially if i can industrialize a lot first ;)

And hopefully britts wont try anything silly, like bombarding the beautiful city of northern venice.

Anyway, stay out of all wars with habsburgs, preussians, anglos or froggies, and just concentrate upon modernising and taking the turk down.

(ps and silly me who thought it was spain/portugal who colonised americas first ;) By close to a century before any anglo came even near to building anything there. Jamestown was founded in 1607, while spain had colonies by 1500, and 1520 aztecs were conquered)

Capt.Jack Aubrey
29th Nov 2004, 02:01
Well it wasn't the 13 colonies, they conquered the caribeans and such. I speak of the 13 colonies on the east coast. Yes I do know spain did colonize America, but did they start our beautiful nation we have today? The spanish were greedy, they only cared for gold. And for the poor Aztecs, who thought that there god was a spanish conquestidor. And then bring them everything they wanted. They never really fought for it until the end. And then another conquestidor took over the Inca. Who lied to him saying he would let him free. So easily tricked by the Spanish. But, I wonder if they will have torries for the British, Maybe not though. But I also wonder if they will add in minor things in the campaign. Such as flooders, maybe riots over taxes, or things like the Boston Tea Party. It would be a cool minor feature.

CaptTermiteUSN
29th Nov 2004, 02:26
Theyve already let us know Aub, Boston is of no consequence to Napoleon. And I'll ask ya again, is that a Model T youre drivin?

termy

Capt.Jack Aubrey
29th Nov 2004, 03:17
Model t?

Willmore
29th Nov 2004, 06:16
Model T was the mass-produced car by Ford at the turn of the century.

I think he meant that as "Are you an American ?" or something of the sort.

sick
29th Nov 2004, 09:39
I don't prefer any of these Empires. I will most likely take the Empire standing on top of the menu in the game.

Arctic_Wolf
29th Nov 2004, 17:57
I hope we can unlock or atleast mod-in some of the smaller nations. I wouldn't mind playing as the dutch and carving out a little european empire.

haradrim
29th Nov 2004, 19:04
the brits or the frenchies for me or maybe russia or prussia...or possibley austria:D. Im not really sure right now, im leaning towards the brits right now, maybe lay down the smack on those frenchies...again:D.

Capt.Jack Aubrey
29th Nov 2004, 19:51
I am not American, I was born in poland.

The_Russian_Rocket
29th Nov 2004, 22:03
ya ,you guys can figure out my choice.

haradrim
29th Nov 2004, 22:17
wait give me a few minutes to figure it out...its not that obvious...is it :confused:.

Oh wait i got it :eek:

;)

CastusPlebian
29th Nov 2004, 22:42
I am probably going to be French. Im not French in the slightest, but I just like the idea of commanding troops with strange accents that bayonet you with their noses turned up. =p That and acting like im one of Napoleons generals. Nehehe.

Capt.Jack Aubrey
29th Nov 2004, 22:45
You want French! Ill give you French!

Ainsi, amici de mille, je demanderais qui vous êtes, mais en raison de vos vêtements déchiquetés et du fait que le chateau d'If est de deux milles loin... de what's le point ? Quant * moi, je suis Luigi Vampa, un contrebandier et un voleur. Mes hommes et moi sommes venus * cette île pour enterrer le vivant de notre nombre qui a essayé de garder de l'or volé pour se au lieu de le partager avec ses camarades. Assez intéressant, il y a certains de ses amis plus fidèles qui insistent sur le fait que je lui accorde la pitié. Ce que, naturellement, je ne peux pas faire, ou je perdrais rapidement la commande de l'équipage entier. C'est pourquoi vous êtes une trouvaille si chanceuse

CastusPlebian
29th Nov 2004, 22:50
You want french? Read my Imperial Glory Community post =p. Also Jack.

Thus, something.. of thousand, I would ask that you, but because of your clothing tore and of the fact that the if chateau is of two thousand far... of what's the point? As for me, I am Luigi Vampa, a smuggler and a thief. My men and me came to this island to bury the living of one of our number that tried to keep the loot for himself instead of to divide it with its friends. Rather interesting, there is certain of its more faithful friends that insist on the fact that I grant him pity. That, naturally, I cannot do, or I would quickly lose order within entire crew. This is the reason you are so lucky to find me.

Capt.Jack Aubrey
29th Nov 2004, 22:52
Oh you evil man! You translate what should be french in the Count Of Monte Cristo!!!!! Las Spell I Name You, Ill News Is An Ill Guest!

CastusPlebian
29th Nov 2004, 22:55
I love the Count of Monte Cristo. Good book. Better in french.. its supposed to be in french. Like the Les Trois Mousquetaires and the L'Homme dans le Masque en fer

Arctic_Wolf
29th Nov 2004, 23:13
I haven't read the book, however I saw the movie. It was very good.

CastusPlebian
29th Nov 2004, 23:27
Did you ever see the movie "Le Miserable"? Its really good. And no its not in French, its just based on a french author's book.

The Resident
29th Nov 2004, 23:31
Brits, not so much that i want to be them, i really wanted the Americans, but i feel since i would go after France first i may as well be their sworn enemy:rolleyes:

CastusPlebian
29th Nov 2004, 23:35
Heh. Talk about irony eh Resident.

uber_panzer
30th Nov 2004, 02:10
Originally posted by Capt.Jack Aubrey
You want French! Ill give you French!

Ainsi, amici de mille, je demanderais qui vous êtes, mais en raison de vos vêtements déchiquetés et du fait que le chateau d'If est de deux milles loin... de what's le point ? Quant * moi, je suis Luigi Vampa, un contrebandier et un voleur. Mes hommes et moi sommes venus * cette île pour enterrer le vivant de notre nombre qui a essayé de garder de l'or volé pour se au lieu de le partager avec ses camarades. Assez intéressant, il y a certains de ses amis plus fidèles qui insistent sur le fait que je lui accorde la pitié. Ce que, naturellement, je ne peux pas faire, ou je perdrais rapidement la commande de l'équipage entier. C'est pourquoi vous êtes une trouvaille si chanceuse

Ou a tu apprendais la francais?

CastusPlebian
30th Nov 2004, 02:16
Oui je comprends français uber_panzer. Lire le conseil Impérial de communauté de Gloire. Je joue des rôles comme un pays français.

uber_panzer
30th Nov 2004, 02:19
Originally posted by CastusPlebian
Oui je comprends français uber_panzer. Lire le conseil Impérial de communauté de Gloire. Je joue des rôles comme un pays français.

Mais ou a tu apprende la langue

CastusPlebian
30th Nov 2004, 02:24
Je l'ai appris quand j'étais très petit, mais aucun Im un natal, mais nous pas tout devait l'apprendre * quelque temps, quelque droite? Etes-vous le français natal?

The Resident
30th Nov 2004, 05:28
Or, as said by Iron Maiden, "The mighty roar of the Russian guns". That should give you a clue.

Arctic_Wolf
30th Nov 2004, 13:00
Too... much... le spam!

le http://www.jmls.edu/graphics/spam.jpg

french_crash
30th Nov 2004, 13:38
Votre français est parfaitement compréhensible et surement meilleur que mon anglais...bravo;)

sick
30th Nov 2004, 17:07
Hey, did you guess read the ToU when you registered? I bet not (I did, though:D)

Several rules have been broken:

No Off-topic postings. Posts in a particular forum need to stay on topic (i.e. about the game specifically). If you want to talk about something that is drastically removed from the topic of a forum, please take it to Community Chat. Community Chat was set up and designed for members to discuss issues not related to a specific game title. We welcome most general conversation in the Community Chat, but discourage it from the game forums.

Signatures. Please note that signatures must be no larger than 150 pixels high x 450 pixels wide and have a file size no greater than 30KB. This size restriction applys to pictures and text. There can only be two lines of text included with a picture. No signature picture can include any copyrighted material, unless you can prove you hold said copyright or proof of permission from the copyright holder. Public domain pictures are acceptable. Signature pictures will not contain any material that is inappropriate. (see above) We or our forum leaders will have final determination as to what is appropriate.

Terms of Use (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1)
Signature Regulation (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=184)

Also, speak a language that everyone on these boards understand: English. Au revoir et merci beaucoup.

french_crash
30th Nov 2004, 17:15
you right, i was off the subject, sorry.

and I will play as the french first :D ;) ... maybe Prussian latter

sick
30th Nov 2004, 18:03
You guys might also want to check this out:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46822

:cool:

CastusPlebian
30th Nov 2004, 19:52
Who says everyone understands english =p. Ill talk in English, fine =p

Capt.Jack Aubrey
2nd Dec 2004, 03:04
But thats, like lacist, lol!!! Ya know racist, lactist. Like c'mon ! French is cool sometimes! If you know how to use it! But yes, it has one thing to do with it, They said french, I will give you french, so we started speaking french. One of the empires are French, so are we really breaking that rule?

CastusPlebian
2nd Dec 2004, 03:34
Yeah what Jack said in his horrible broken English. =p Hes a shining example that not everyone in this forum knows perfect english. Hah! Anyways...French will be very fun to play, hopefully the units will speak in French when you select and/or order them to move or attack. It would far more immersive than an English speaking frenchman with a french accent.:p

uber_panzer
3rd Dec 2004, 15:57
Originally posted by CastusPlebian
Je l'ai appris quand j'étais très petit, mais aucun Im un natal, mais nous pas tout devait l'apprendre * quelque temps, quelque droite? Etes-vous le français natal?

Non le grec,mais j'ai perdu sa quand j'ai apprende le francais et anglais

SORRY I WILL STOP..........le........la...... NOW!

[GG] Salis
14th Dec 2004, 11:59
Going to try the Austrians...i mean, can't lose all the time, can they?

LordUxbridge
14th Dec 2004, 12:22
Hey Salis, good to see you here! Don't see many of the Lordz readers here.

HUZZAH!

[GG] Salis
14th Dec 2004, 13:38
Hi Lord Ux, gotta keep up appearances ya know :)

If its Napoleonic, I'll not be far..lol

S!

[GG]von Döbeln
14th Dec 2004, 14:25
Another Lordz reader/player here! ;)

I'll most likely start with the English, if only to see the redcoated Greenjackets....:rolleyes:

[GG]von Döbeln

ThinRedLine
14th Dec 2004, 17:14
Aye!

Red Coated Green Jackets!?!? Now that is showing some real commitment to the period and a willingness to accept critisizm and redicule right from the beginning!

Good on ya' mates!

I of course will start out as British if only to help set the stage for the NTW Grenadier Guards involvement in IG.

I di salute this effort, but please get uniforms correct we will all be able to adjust to our own units for God's sake.

Cheers,

[GG]ThinRedLine

Lonewulf44
15th Dec 2004, 16:37
I'll pick Prussia of course.... and I plan on unifying Germany a lot sooner than history. Oh, and France will be lucky if I only take Alsace and Loraine this time. First order of business though is make an Ally out of Great Britain like Imperial Germany should have done in real life.... a united Anglo-German alliance in the late 19th century would have been unstoppable.... and I'll try to make it work in the early 19th.

That being said...Great Britain, France..heck all of them will be fun to play. Too bad they can't chop up those nasty huge provinces and have the options to play others. Oh well.... onward for Prussian Glory!

Long Live Prussia!

andytimtim
23rd Dec 2004, 16:11
Ill play as Great Britain...just to strech my wings a little! Then maybe France-An invasion of spain would soon follow. if possible!!:D

Mr. C.
5th Jan 2005, 13:49
I would pick Austria; my grandparents on my father's side were from the old Austro-Hungarian Empire; from the province of Galicia. My Grandfather served in an artillery regiment although he just missed seeing action in WW I by emigrating to Canada in 1913 after his tour of duty was finished.