PDA

View Full Version : Another Total War Clan Converts

pyrit
27th Nov 2004, 03:47
Greetings IG community,

Me and my fellow clanmates of [Fex] (short for Carnifex) have decided that this should be our new home. Despite our short-term infatuation with rome total war and it's graphics, it lacks serious strategy and gameplay when it comes to multiplayer. Creative Assembly had ignored the MP community for quite awhile and so we have decided to come here. We see the Wolves are already here and look forward to playing with them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see other Total War clans move here.

http://carnifex.totalclan.com

Capt.Jack Aubrey
27th Nov 2004, 06:18
I can agree on that. Rome:Total War was fun. But when you played online, it was more everybody had elephants, and calvary. Most of the time, it didn't require strategy at all. There were small parts. But this game here, looks like it requires lots of strategy, and knowing how to use it. As to know how to think like a real general.

haradrim
29th Nov 2004, 21:37
ay ay captain i agree with ya thar, har har :D

The_Russian_Rocket
29th Nov 2004, 21:56
I'm just glad the guys at Pyro here grabbed a napoleon game before Total War could mess it up like it did with Rome. I think you are the second clan to come over here.

Welcome aboard.
:)

CastusPlebian
29th Nov 2004, 22:58
Amen. Good to see you guys here. Let us all praise Eidos, for they are holy unto the highest for making a Napoleonic computer game.

Arctic_Wolf
29th Nov 2004, 23:30
Eidos are the evil publishing middle-men who have destroyed many a good game, e.g Startopia

Lowered Development Time + No advertising funding = Poor Sales
And Mucky Foot, the devs of Startopia, had spent so much money to try and get Startopia finished on Eidos' schedule that they eventually had to go into liquidation. Thus I hate Eidos and to a lesser extent all publishers.

Pyro are the Developers and they deserve our support for doing this, for Eidos its just a way to make the fat cats fatter.

Please don't ban me.

CastusPlebian
29th Nov 2004, 23:32
I bow to your hatred of fat felines wolfie. Shall we commence the exaltation of Pyro?

Clausewitz
30th Nov 2004, 00:31
Originally posted by CastusPlebian Shall we commence the exaltation of Pyro?Yes, let's. Every time I see sigs such as yours, I am hopeful that Pyro will be enabled to turn out a great game. Now say after me:

Our Pyro, who art in Napoleon, hallowed be Thy name, Thy simulation come, Thy will be done by Eidos as it is by Heaven. Give us this day our daily battle. And forgive us our lapses, as we will our opponent's. And lead us not into frustration, but deliver us from bugs. For Thine is the Napoleonic era, and the profit, for ever, Amen.

Arctic_Wolf
30th Nov 2004, 00:39
Our Pyro, who art in Spain, hallowed be Thy name, Thy simulation come, Thy will be done by Eidos(aslong as they don't play buggers) as it is by Heaven. Give us this day our daily battle. And forgive us our lapses, as we will our opponent's. And lead us not into frustration, but deliver us from bugs. For Thine is the Napoleonic era, and the profit, for ever, Amen.

CastusPlebian
30th Nov 2004, 00:51
Our Pyro, who art in Spain, hallowed be Thy name, Thy 3D simulation come, Thy will be done by Eidos(aslong as they don't play buggersPLEASE) as it is by Heaven(<---PLEASE GOD). Give us this day our daily battle(BRRRT). And forgive us our lapses, as we will NOT our opponent's. And lead us not into frustration(and banging of 4 yr old mice), but deliver us from bugs(raise it preacher). For Thine(Eidos) is the Napoleonic era, and the profit(from the hole in our pockets), for ever(til IG2), Amen.

PS. This pic was not made by Pyros, or on their website...MUAHA

french_crash
30th Nov 2004, 17:37
Originally posted by Capt.Jack Aubrey
I can agree on that. Rome:Total War was fun. But when you played online, it was more everybody had elephants, and calvary. Most of the time, it didn't require strategy at all. There were small parts. But this game here, looks like it requires lots of strategy, and knowing how to use it. As to know how to think like a real general.

yes but...

I think that the Pyro studio must read THAT (http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm11.showMessage?topicID=387.topic)
So they can see how the gamer community réact when an on-line game is a mountain of bug
...and Pyro can/must (as you like) inspire of that

CastusPlebian
30th Nov 2004, 19:47
Yes Pyro, PLEASE put some emphasis on multiplayer! Without a strong multiplayer base these days, a game will certaintly die. Look at Warcraft 3. It was barely innovative, but because of the huge fanbase and great online support (battlenet) It became very successful and popular.