PDA

View Full Version : STATUES how do i kill them or get passed them?

MasterThief1337
27th Nov 2004, 01:22
ok im in the part of the game where u go into statue hall and that weird lady brings the statues alive and i cand find artemuses quarters letalone the dormatory WHERE IS IT !?!?!?!? it makes me mad:mad: :confused:

Rommel_1891
27th Nov 2004, 01:30
If you're to the part with the statues, then you likely have already been to the dormitory and Artemus's quarters. The dormitory is in an area with two keepers talking about Artemus, and they refer to Garrett. One seems to suggest for Garrett, while the other seems to think Garrett guilty.

To actually kill the statues requires a lot of fire power! ;)

Mines work well, when combined with fire arrows, but it's generally best to sneak past them.

KiruKlan
27th Nov 2004, 01:51
Lol, you cant get to the hall of statues without doing all other tasks first.

That being said, two fire arrows make em go BooM. Or you could always...avoid them.

Here's an additional tip: Run past them when they arent looking and jump up on the first bookcase. Fire from there and you're set. They cant get you up there. Use regular arrows if you run out.

Peter_Smith
27th Nov 2004, 17:41
Are you talking about the ones that walk around saying "kill, kill" and such? They can be dispatched nicely with a few sword whacks to the back of the head. I got them all that way. It takes some sneaking and hiding to get behind them, but I think that is more fun than blasting them from a distance.

KiruKlan
27th Nov 2004, 19:15
Originally posted by Peter Smith
Are you talking about the ones that walk around saying "kill, kill" and such? They can be dispatched nicely with a few sword whacks to the back of the head. I got them all that way. It takes some sneaking and hiding to get behind them, but I think that is more fun than blasting them from a distance.

Wrong game. No sword in DS.

Guineapiggy
27th Nov 2004, 21:40
They are weakened to the point where you can destroy them after a while in the game but before that they're immune to standard weapons

Peter_Smith
28th Nov 2004, 02:20
Originally posted by KiruKlan
Wrong game. No sword in DS.

No, it is not the wrong game. I misspoke. The daggar does the same thing as the sword. Anyway, I am not totally sure what weapon I used. It may have been a blackjack, actually a club. The point being, you don't need filre arrrows.

KiruKlan
28th Nov 2004, 02:59
Originally posted by Guineapiggy
They are weakened to the point where you can destroy them after a while in the game but before that they're immune to standard weapons

However, I'm all for efficiency, and the dagger/blackjack is far from the most efficient weapon to use. You'll be murdered before you even wound them.

theBlackman
28th Nov 2004, 06:34
In the Hall of Statues you can not destroy the statues with a sword or BJ.

You need heavy firepower.

Peter_Smith
28th Nov 2004, 07:20
Wrong again.:o I thought they were refering to the stone golems. Excuse me. Forget that I was ever here.:rolleyes:

Gillie
28th Nov 2004, 11:16
When I first got there before The statues were moving. I covered the floor with moss,and used it as a "sense of direction" I was going back the wrong way. Then I managed to Sneaksie past most of them,but I found mines the best :)

Hello sneaksie thief:p

Lia67
29th Nov 2004, 16:40
Yes mines do work best, and hugging the wall in the shadows so the others can't find you everytime you hit one with a mine. I found that fire arrows make you easily visible. :eek:

KiruKlan
29th Nov 2004, 22:15
Originally posted by Lia67
Yes mines do work best, and hugging the wall in the shadows so the others can't find you everytime you hit one with a mine. I found that fire arrows make you easily visible. :eek:

doesn't work so well if patch is installed, because that makes you easier to get to by the enemy when hugging. I still suggest the best way is to run over, jump on top of the bookcase, and fire the fire arrows. Wont matter whether they see you or not; they arent going to get to you.

Lia67
30th Nov 2004, 18:56
Oh I did not know that, I didn't install the patch when I played.
Next time I do play TDS, I'll try the bookcase idea, just for the fun of it.:)

theBlackman
30th Nov 2004, 19:05
Or From the end of the hall where you end up, climb the wall and get on the ledge over the hall. You can walk from one end to the other, and in the corners you can fire away at them with impunity.

The_Insane
30th Nov 2004, 22:15
The statues are called Glyph Warriors and it's very simple to sneak past them. But if you really want to kill them-->use mines