PDA

View Full Version : Switch Too Secret

KiruKlan
25th Nov 2004, 18:15
Finally got the game working - Yay! In short, Gateway just put my card in wrong, so taking it out and putting it back in worked wonders. Now I have a game question!

I'm in overlook mansion, everyone is out cold, and I cant find the switch in the study that opens the secret door in the gallery. To be honest, maybe I'm not even in the study. Isn't it the place that has stairs up to the captain's wife? Anyway, where is this switch?

Gillie
25th Nov 2004, 20:01
Have you done a search of the forums,there are alot of answers on Overlook Mansion.Go search/Thief Deadlyshadows
*spoilers*
*answer to hidden switch*

The hidden switch isIn Overlook proper,the study is on the ground floor in The Southeast corner. The switch is under the desk.Then you have to run to the North gallery (Groun floor) before it closes again
That is near the end of the mission.
To find Widow Moira
You have to climb a spiral staicase (In a guest room)second floor
hope that is usefull:)

KiruKlan
25th Nov 2004, 21:24
Thanks a lot. That did it. Now something else:

I'm done with the mansion, and I ended up back at the Keepers' place. I went all around every district in town, all over the Keepers' place, and everywhere else, but my journal doesn't really give anything else to do. The only objective not done that is on it is to break into the Keepers' library. Must I do that before I can move on?

Gillie
25th Nov 2004, 22:03
Have you given the keepers the Compedium of Reproach.
Then have you done the Sunken Citidel,Look for or hear clues in the Library.
You will need something from the Citidel.
Then go back to the Library hand it over to hear something. after.When you bring somthing back from there.
Read all the notes,in The Library and everywhere else I forgot those alot of times, When I first played the game:)

KiruKlan
25th Nov 2004, 22:10
Originally posted by KiruKlan
Thanks a lot. That did it. Now something else:

I'm done with the mansion, and I ended up back at the Keepers' place. I went all around every district in town, all over the Keepers' place, and everywhere else, but my journal doesn't really give anything else to do. The only objective not done that is on it is to break into the Keepers' library. Must I do that before I can move on?

Where is the Cit? I honestly just cant find it.

Gillie
25th Nov 2004, 23:00

Where is the Cit? I honestly just cant find it.

*spoiler*
Go back to the docks
Go to the docks,go towards the steps leading to the shop, (not Pagan erea) before you get to the steps on the right hand side,one of the alcoves has a ladder going down,follow it around to get to the Glyph

KiruKlan
26th Nov 2004, 00:13
There's a grate over it.

Gillie
26th Nov 2004, 00:15
There's a grate over it.

Where is the grate???Have you done all you objectives
I think the moderaters or seniors might answer better
:)

KiruKlan
26th Nov 2004, 00:31
Oops, how stupid, wrong place. I'm at the right place. Now I have to figure out what I missed, because it wont open. Hmm.

Edit: I read the other thread about this, and went back to the library. I read everything there, and yet I still cant get into the Cit. I don't understand.

Gillie
26th Nov 2004, 01:44
*spoiler*
Is the door glyph there (blue) In the keeper Library did you get the power of the Glyphs.you need to approach someone in the lower level first part of the library She will give you the power of the glyphs
You have to keep searching, then you will find it:)

:o I got that wrong.You will have the Glyph power If you did Overllook Mansion my fault!!!:o :rolleyes:

KiruKlan
26th Nov 2004, 03:18
I have power of the glyphs; that's why I dont understand why I cant go in. I heard that you need to read up on the dark ages or whatever from the forbidden library, which I am constantly sneaking around in. I'm sure that I've read everything in that damn library, and yet it still wont let me go into the cit. The glyph just isn't responding.

Quillan
26th Nov 2004, 15:33
There are two things in the library you need to read. One of them is easy to miss. Start at the elevator that connects the ground floor and the second floor. If you were coming out of the elevator, one is in the room to your left on the ground floor, the other is on the room to your right on the second floor. This second one is the easy one to miss, since it's on a podium against the far wall.

theBlackman
30th Nov 2004, 20:00
Oops, how stupid, wrong place. I'm at the right place. Now I have to figure out what I missed, because it wont open. Hmm.

Edit: I read the other thread about this, and went back to the library. I read everything there, and yet I still cant get into the Cit. I don't understand.

You cannot get into the CITADEL UNTIL YOU COMPLETE THE LIBRARY.

If you are at the GLYPH to the library in the alley just off TERCES COURT, and in the right map area; LOOK UP!