PDA

View Full Version : question about france

haradrim
23rd Nov 2004, 21:22
on TAFN i just read france's strengths and weaknesses and on its strengths it is listed that they have a "plentiful supply of recruits," is that saying they have a lot of men available to become recruits(as in the unit type) or a plentiful supply of men thatt are military age.

thanks in advance

sick
23rd Nov 2004, 21:34
I'm sure they mean plenty men to recruit them as any available troop type, not only as "Recruits."

Arctic_Wolf
23rd Nov 2004, 22:06
I followed the link and looked at the British empire info,

Weaknesses: Small population | Shortage of raw materials

Small population, not really. At around this time the UK had some of the largest cities in the world. Smaller army might be more accurate.

Shortage of raw materials. No. Huge quantities of raw materials such as coal, wood, tin, arable land and iron still exist in the UK today, they just aren't exploited.

The_Russian_Rocket
23rd Nov 2004, 22:59
Originally posted by Arctic_Wolf

Shortage of raw materials. No. Huge quantities of raw materials such as coal, wood, tin, arable land and iron still exist in the UK today, they just aren't exploited. Or back then either.

I noticed Russia has mostly subsistence farming....how is that going to affect the player? Is that a resource? Or do we have to feed our troops?

Arctic_Wolf
24th Nov 2004, 00:49
Originally posted by The_Russian_Rocket
Or back then either.

Erm, no. Britain was one of, if not the, largest producer of iron and coal from the begginings of the industrial revolution until about 50-60 years ago.