PDA

View Full Version : WE WANT Thief 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMM Mark
23rd Nov 2004, 18:52
I know You all agree with me!Thief is the best game of the
world.When the first time when I saw Thief 3 in the shop
I started jumping, and shoting! It is really a good game,and
I think it is good enough to continue with ,with ,with:

THIEF 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes !Yes! Yes!

If eidos will not create it,I will strike .Yes strike with you!:)
I really want a new one!

Lia67
23rd Nov 2004, 19:56
It takes a long time to develope a game. If Eidos and Ion Storm are making T4, they should take their time so we can buy a game that is complete and well thought out.

Pressure to get games out on the market quickly can kill a game so we should all be patient. Think of all the graphic design and programming involved not to mention plot developements, casting and editing. IMO this is on the same scale as making a movie.

As a suggestion, you could replay the Theif games you already have. Or try them out on a more difficult level. :)

Servo
23rd Nov 2004, 19:57
do0d.... so much drugs.

Gillie
23rd Nov 2004, 23:05
I must agree,with that one.
Thief deadly shadows has become a bit of an obsession with me. I have played it three times,so far.Each time you replay the game,there is so much more of the game you might have missed,from the previous play.I have found more hidden stuff,and All the fantastic dialogue,which is so funny,that I had not heard before,aswell as missed notes.It is worth playing over and over.
It is by far the best game I have played
I have not tried Ghosting I do not know how far I would get:( or the hardest levels. I have Thief // The metal age Which I have not got around to playing.Must get to try, It I got them the wrong way around. Is it a prequal???
I hope they make another Thief But do not rush it.There is so much left,that could be followed on. In the Medevial vein too I hope.:)

Crawlius
24th Nov 2004, 01:38
Thief DS is a great game, yes, but I can hardly say it's the best game I've ever played. I had a lot of fun with it and am glad I bought it but I don't think it's a game that will stick out in my memory as a lifetime classic.

MMM Mark
24th Nov 2004, 10:18
Originally posted by Crawlius
Thief DS is a great game, yes, but I can hardly say it's the best game I've ever played. I had a lot of fun with it and am glad I bought it but I don't think it's a game that will stick out in my memory as a lifetime classic.

MMM Mark: Yes It is the best game I've ever played:
The graphics,the sounds,the characters,and the story too...
My favourite character is the keeper assasin!(and Garett)
Keeper Assasin is very strong.
Another good thing is that we can ally with the pagans or the
hammerites.I hates pagans, but I like the hammerites!
If I see a pagan,I kill him immydiately.
And if I see a hammerite ,he dont attack me !
I like that.it is a great idea from eidos:)

If it will be thief 4 ,I will buy it.
I hope (if it will be) it will be in the medieval!

Lia67
25th Nov 2004, 15:06
Originally posted by Gillie
I must agree,with that one.
Thief deadly shadows has become a bit of an obsession with me. I have played it three times,so far.Each time you replay the game,there is so much more of the game you might have missed,from the previous play.I have found more hidden stuff,and All the fantastic dialogue,which is so funny,that I had not heard before,aswell as missed notes.It is worth playing over and over.
It is by far the best game I have played
I have not tried Ghosting I do not know how far I would get:( or the hardest levels. I have Thief // The metal age Which I have not got around to playing.Must get to try, It I got them the wrong way around. Is it a prequal???
I hope they make another Thief But do not rush it.There is so much left,that could be followed on. In the Medevial vein too I hope.:)

I must say that I agree with finding more hidden stuff that was missed the first time. I think you'll like Thief the Metal Age Gillie. I've finished it twice and had a blast both times I played. I especially liked the Rooftops in this game, there's more to explore.

Thief Metal Age comes after the Dark Project if I remember correctly. Have fun with the game. :)

Gillie
25th Nov 2004, 23:38
Originally posted by Lia67
I must say that I agree with finding more hidden stuff that was missed the first time. I think you'll like Thief the Metal Age Gillie. I've finished it twice and had a blast both times I played. I especially liked the Rooftops in this game, there's more to explore.

Thief Metal Age comes after the Dark Project if I remember correctly. Have fun with the game. :)

I must play Thief The Metal age soon as. I have been reading about it. Loooks.I have had it a while now.I am unable to get the first one at the moment, Amazon might do it.Must try I like Deadly Shadows,There is so many things to explore and some good missions. The cradle creepy.The whole game has such good Atmosphere. Must like it after three runs. :)

KiruKlan
26th Nov 2004, 05:13
Actually, to be completely honest, the undead stuff just turned me right off from the game. I was loving it at first. It was so realistic; the characters so real. But then zombies and ghosts...

It just killed it for me. If they make a 4th one, I hope it stays in the medieval realistic realm. Better wandering too. I dont want to be confined anymore to dark corridors.

tealsmith
26th Nov 2004, 14:18
Originally posted by KiruKlan
Actually, to be completely honest, the undead stuff just turned me right off from the game. I was loving it at first. It was so realistic; the characters so real. But then zombies and ghosts...

It just killed it for me. If they make a 4th one, I hope it stays in the medieval realistic realm.

Thief 1, 2, and 3 have all had supernatural elements. That's part of the Thief world, taking them away completely would be like taking away Garrett. I found the balance of supernatural in Deadly Shadows to be perfect - not as much as Thief 1, but more then Thief 2.

Tobin010
1st Dec 2004, 01:12
supernatural elements. That's part of the Thief world, taking them away completely would be like taking away Garrett

Yes I agree, and not that I was ever in a medieval situation of course but from books I've read there is never any mention of steam powered robots or mechanical 65mm shell firing heads either .... both of which I love with a passion :p

all the characters and storylines of Thief have been great so far,
for me its only the graphic card overload or whatever it is that slows the play down so much in T3, I hope they think about that 1 for T4

don't pick on the Zombies - what did they ever do to you ? heh

;)

tealsmith
1st Dec 2004, 01:19
Originally posted by Tobin010

don't pick on the Zombies - what did they ever do to you ? heh

;)

Scared the taff out of me when I hid near one in Cragscleft. I didn't know there were zombies back at the beginning of Thief 1! I jumped out of my skin when that damn corpse GOT UP.

Ian Flaer
1st Dec 2004, 15:18
I liked the zombies and undead in Dark Project and Metal Age a lot. the zombies rattled and wheezed better and were more decayed looking. I suppose the DS zombies are fresher because the story demands it, but I still like the more decayed look. and the rattle, oh, the original zombies sounded so TORTURED. good stuff. The Thief setting is a Fantasy setting incorperating some victorian and industrial revolution elements but it still has a mostly medieval feel to it since all the industrial stuff is due to the Hammerite Church and is basically magical. if you think about the mecha from Metal Age their intelligence was magically imbued; even if you want to argue that their power plants were steam based and there for mudane. as for Thief 4 the big question in my mind is this: what fation will Garrett oppose? First was the pagans as the main bad guys, then the Hammers, and now the Keepers, but all three factions have been present from the beginning. so, now that we've dealt with all three do we make up a new faction or go back to fighting the pagans and the Trickster? here's one: the Criminal Underground. it's a faction that has always existed in the setting even though it was loosely organized at best. the next Thief game could have the criminal underground out of control and they betray Garrett because he wishes to stay independant and not join up with their Mofia, gang, yakuza, etc. styled orginization. so the only thing Garrett can do to insure his own personal freedom is to bring them down. you see Garrett is a true keeper, always bringing balance.

hmmm just for legal purposes, this idea is freely given to the world to be used by anyone as they may see fit (it's not like it's a terribly orriginal idea but I know some companies have legal teams that will scour forums and stuff to make sure nothing even resembling an idea they've decided to use has been posted so no-one can cry "that's mine pay me")

BigBonsai
2nd Dec 2004, 23:38
Thief's not the greatest game I ever played. Gets in line after Homeworld, Beyond Good&Evil (What a game!), Settlers and others. What makes it not reach the top of the list is the supernatural stuff. Just not my style. I'm more the realist. Cannot dive into the experience so much, because I cannot relate to zombies, ghosts and so. Bothered me in all three Thief games.

But otherwise - spend a great time with Thief! :)

BiB