PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing in Thief

chefthethief
20th Nov 2004, 21:41
Mine would have to be the sleeping guy who mumbles "Pancakes......Mmmmm...With syrup...And butter....."

Namphibian
22nd Nov 2004, 04:09
I stand by the guard in Wieldstrom Museum: "ach... I don't feel so good...must have been that Burrick burger I had earlier."

It never gets old :D

Lia67
22nd Nov 2004, 19:01
I would have to say when a citizen says to the Watch guard, "Evening officer of the Watch,(mumbles) ha! it's more like Watch your back!"

In South Quarter one of the citizens says to Garrett, "Hey, what's with the hood?"

:D

tealsmith
22nd Nov 2004, 22:23
Depends. If we're talking about Deadly Shadows, then I found the conversation of the two guards outside of the Abysmal Gail fairly amusing.

But if it's Thief in general we're talking about, then the convo between the two guard groups in 'Life of the Party' definatly takes the cake (anyone who's played Thief 2 knows what I mean).

Namphibian
23rd Nov 2004, 06:50
I remember that one. The four guards all turn on one another, saving you the trouble of offing them yourself. I forget how it was started - some negative comment about Lady something or other. Does anyone have the transcript? Ah well, Garrett's universe is just morally bent I guess.

Servo
23rd Nov 2004, 20:00
Its a fact, the ''ooo whats with the hood guy" kicks some insane amounts of ass.

Gillie
24th Nov 2004, 01:57
I still love the Guard in the Museum.

I'm feeling a little mean tonight,more than a little mean.If anyone even looks at me funny! there's going to be some bloody noses:)
I still think the pagans are the funiest of all though.

You's keep staring at me. I takers your other eye out.

Hello sneaksie thief
:)

Peter_Smith
24th Nov 2004, 03:18
I like the LoTP fight, too.

One of the best conversations I have ever heard is the one about meteorology in the recent FM, Heist Society (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46439) . I don't want to spoil it by quoting it here. Download the mission and play it! Save your game before entering the main entrance hall so you can hear it again. :)

Jambo_11
28th Nov 2004, 04:52
Originally posted by tealsmith
Depends. If we're talking about Deadly Shadows, then I found the conversation of the two guards outside of the Abysmal Gail fairly amusing.

are you talking about the two guards that are talking about the zombies and the guard with the unintelligent-sounding voice talks about cutting the other's leg off?! That was hillarious!! I just love the dialog in this game. It is, by far, the funniest dialog in any game I've ever played. I just need to go through the game again, writing down all of the funny stuff. I would love to get the script.......uh, is that possible, do you think?

KiruKlan
28th Nov 2004, 04:56
Originally posted by Peter Smith
I like the LoTP fight, too.

One of the best conversations I have ever heard is the one about meteorology in the recent FM, Heist Society (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46439) . I don't want to spoil it by quoting it here. Download the mission and play it! Save your game before entering the main entrance hall so you can hear it again. :)

Yes.

Check guides and FAQ's. They often have that kinda stuff.

Jambo_11
28th Nov 2004, 05:03
ooh, ooh, ooh! I almost forgot. The Hammerites and the Pagan's DO say some funny stuff. I'm afraid to say that I never heard the whole "You's keep staring at me. I takers your other eye out." line. But I absolutely love the Hammerites. "Death...'tis the wages of sin!" I love that line. Or what about those pirate-looking characters in Stonemarket? "Get ready to die, taffer!" or what about, "Ha, you're dead. You're dead and I killed ya. Now that's what I call a good day!"

But one of the funniest things I've ever, not just the dialog, is one time when I went into Stonemarket Proper. There were Hammerites, Pagan Shaman, City Watch, women pirates, man pirates, all killinmg each other. And what's cool is when you leave the area and come back, it's like you never left. you get to see the whole thing unfold. Over twenty dead. At least 2 dozen. All those people dead and I didn't have a thing to do with it. I loved every bit of it!

Oh, and yes, that Burricks burger line was priceless!

KiruKlan
28th Nov 2004, 05:21
How did you get them all to attack each other. I've never seen all three factions in the same area.

Rommel_1891
28th Nov 2004, 06:12
My favorite conversation is still the first one I ever heard in the Thief universe....
"I'm going to the bear pits tomorrow.... wanna come with?" :D

Ian Flaer
28th Nov 2004, 06:38
The other day there was a real eye-gougin'. . .
LOL I loved that line. hooked me on the game right away. here's a good one from DS there's a noble lady in stone market proper that when I clubbed her (so I could take her pretty necklace) she said "Oooo, Beer" as she fell

Gillie
28th Nov 2004, 19:36
Originally posted by Jambo_11

:p ooh, ooh, ooh! I almost forgot. The Hammerites and the Pagan's DO say some funny stuff. I'm afraid to say that I never heard the whole "You's keep staring at me. I takers your other eye out." line. But I absolutely love the Hammerites. "Death...'tis the wages of sin!" I love that line.

I was at the pagan camp,thinking what to do next.I thought, I would stare at a Pagan,just to see what he would do:)
He said "Bes takes your other eye you Bes keep staring"
(Another) "Sneaksie manfool bes here again"

I downloaded the DWIX sound files.also.Some good dialogue there,from the game.:D

Jambo_11
29th Nov 2004, 02:04
Originally posted by KiruKlan
How did you get them all to attack each other. I've never seen all three factions in the same area.

I didn't get them all to attack eachother. It just happened on it's own. But not all three factions were there. Just the Hammerite magic guys and the Pagan Shaman. Actually, I think all three were in Old Quater when the Keeper Enforcers were after me. Man, I saw a Hammerite take out a Keeper Enforcer with ONE hit of his war hammer "The Builder smite thee!!" THUMP!! "I have done thy Builder's work."

Meia-san
29th Nov 2004, 04:16
I really loved the conversation in Stonemarket: one of those people pretended to be Garrett and the other one gives him the task (to steal the Golden Dagger). Here's Garrett's comment after the conversation was finished: "So this is famous Garret, huh? Guess he's not so good looking as I've heard":rolleyes:

Namphibian
29th Nov 2004, 05:05
Originally posted by Rommel_1891
My favorite conversation is still the first one I ever heard in the Thief universe....

YES! Now I remember it. That one's a classic. I was quoting that line for like months after I first played Thief. I was only like fourteen then so thankyou for jogging my memory.
"Ah, couldn't pay me enough.":)

Gillie
29th Nov 2004, 11:40
Originally posted by Meia-san

I really loved the conversation in Stonemarket: one of those people pretended to be Garrett and the other one gives him the task (to steal the Golden Dagger). Here's Garrett's comment after the conversation was finished: "So this is famous Garret, huh? Guess he's not so good looking as I've heard":rolleyes:

I liked that one too,that is good.Stephen Russell as Garrett,great voice he has.There certainly is some funny dialogue

nightshadow
30th Nov 2004, 02:35
This was in the Stonemarket Proper, right before Gamall's Lair : citizen walks by a pile of bodies from one of the hammer/pagan fights and says "Hey you, fell asleep, did ya? Oh no! You're dead!"
I had typed Old quarter, this happened in Stonemarket Proper

BigBonsai
30th Nov 2004, 09:54
Shouldn't all the spoken dialogues be somewhere on the hard drive? Like maybe ... Deadly Shadows\CONTENT\T3\Sounds. There are a few csc-files in this folder, but I'm everything but a wiz in such things... :)

BiB

Kokopelli
1st Dec 2004, 15:44
Aside from the zombies, festuring wound, etc the funniest comments I've heard come from one of thugs/pirates. If you do something to get his attention, he rattles off the phrase:

"You know, I just thinking how nice it'd be to bash a taffer in the face, and then you show up!"

Jojo15
5th Dec 2004, 10:43
Originally posted by BigBonsai
Shouldn't all the spoken dialogues be somewhere on the hard drive? Like maybe ... Deadly Shadows\CONTENT\T3\Sounds. There are a few csc-files in this folder, but I'm everything but a wiz in such things... :)

BiB

With DWIX Sound Drone (Something like that) you can open the thief soundfiles :)
it's really funny to listen to all those conversations once again, without having to load up the game.

Gillie
5th Dec 2004, 15:33
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44448&highlight=sound+filesh

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40281&highlight=sound+files

This links to a search of the sound files help.There is the music also I have not tried that. If you Go to search. You should find other links.Go search Thief deadly Shadows . The DWIX Sound files have some good dialogue from the game.
I said that three post back.I do no remember how to extract them?? One of these links should help
:D :D

Hello sneaksie thief:p

lucca
10th Dec 2004, 20:28
Originally posted by Rommel_1891

Yeah, that's one of my fav. quotes, too. Love that line. xD

I can't remember where I picked up that line, but it's hilarious -
random guard: "Hey you! Are you alright? 'Course not, you're dead. Sorry."

rob444
11th Dec 2004, 10:32
Only thing I can think of is when you got a guard after you (swordman) and climb up a wall, he will whine and yell at you that he'll get an archer to shoot you down, I found that hilarious.

Acimus
12th Dec 2004, 05:15
Well I consider it quite funny how zombies should be impossible to kill without holy water and they tolerate unlimited amount of hammering etc.

But all you need is an oil stain at the stairs and they'll fly as lifeless ragdolls as everyone else :-) Plus you can BACKSTAB those undead Hammerites at the Graveyard.

Are these one of those "Um, we didn't think of that!"-things from the developers...

Gilbarblo
12th Dec 2004, 06:23
What i thought was funny, was when i was playing and i killed this guard then another guard walked by and started looking for the killer ( i was hidden of course) then a bandit comes by and right as soon as they run at eachother to fight.............the guard flies up into the air and never comes down. But seriously that happened, made me laugh so much when i saw that. but as for quotes. The two tower "life of the party" is the winner.

Snakebite
12th Dec 2004, 16:07
[i]
But if it's Thief in general we're talking about, then the convo between the two guard groups in 'Life of the Party' definatly takes the cake (anyone who's played Thief 2 knows what I mean). [/B]

Those guards are arguing something about...(if i remember correctly) whos lord is nobler or something...but they start shooting each other when one of the guards says "Noble huh,last night i saw your lady warming up the stable boy"Thats the best one in my oppinion too! and then they start shooting each other.

Gilbarblo
12th Dec 2004, 17:12
No no no, they were arguing about their Lady Elizabeth i think it was being a saint. the one roof was arguing the fact that she wasnt a "whore" stealing the clentale (hehe) from the "whore" keep or something then when the redcoats say something the purple coats can't handle the guy screams. "YOU GONE, You Gone to far this time, (something but i forgot what) an arrow in the foot ought to shut you up!"

and the way he screams that sentance makes me lagh everytime.

Snakebite
12th Dec 2004, 18:18
Ok...sry about that...my memory is a bit hazy how that went...but i remember that one of the guards said about lady elizabeth "last night i saw her warming up the table boy" thats one of the things i remember..btw in that same map..theres a letter wrote to Garret in a secret room in a house.

nightshadow
12th Dec 2004, 23:37
Originally posted by Gilbarblo
No no no, they were arguing about their Lady Elizabeth i think it was being a saint. the one roof was arguing the fact that she wasnt a "whore" stealing the clentale (hehe) from the "whore" keep or something then when the redcoats say something the purple coats can't handle the guy screams.
Is it the same Lady Elizabeth who tries to do away with you at the beginning of Thief DS?

LordDraco
22nd Dec 2004, 00:57
Some of the most hilarious conversations can be heard exchanged between the guards. One of them is at the first mission after the tutorial when putting out the Lion's Head torch - When one mentioned seeing a giant rat once, I hadn't gotten to the rat people part yet and I thought it was one of the comical lines in the game ... Also, when one mentions nothing's better than a good bear baiting :D

LordDraco
22nd Dec 2004, 01:02
As for strange quirks in the game, just today I was running away from a guard with a sword, and I ran into a dead end. I was about to throw a flash bomb, but as I did, instead of the flash bomb going off I was strangely teleported directly up into the air above the buildings. Luckily, I managed to move over to a wall before falling to my doom and used the wall-climbing gloves to grab on. After that I was in the same predicament of the guard running around at the bottom wailing threats and calling for help in a nervous-like voice :)

Ian Flaer
22nd Dec 2004, 20:27
I liked the guards near Garrett's apartment after the first real mission. "You know you really ought to have that looked at." says the smart guard. "What do you mean, I am looking at it." replies the dumb one. "No, I mean by a doctor" lol classic stuff. there are so many good converstaions in these games there's just no way to pick a favorite.

LordDraco
23rd Dec 2004, 02:17
Heh, one of my favorite lines that they say after they heard a noise is, "Hmmm. Must have been one of those random noises."

JC 12
26th Dec 2004, 01:51
um, the funniest thing happened to me was when i was in stonemarket proper and i narrowly got caught by a guard, he came looking for me and said
"ah ha, that barrel looks big enough to hide in!"
he hit it and blew him self up!. i never knew there was an explosive barrel there til now!

The_Insane
27th Dec 2004, 00:36
the conversation with the 4 guards in thief 2, I don't remember the whole dialogue but it's about the guards of Lady Von Vernom and Master Willey:

" And I tell you that your Burrick of a master..."

The voices of the childeren of Karras were funny too !
"Please be warned for there is a possible danger: A malfunction"
"If thou art my enemy then fear my powers...for they are given to me by Karras."

julz
31st Dec 2004, 19:47
having just finished the cradle mission (which btw scared me half to death!) these are some of the funniest things i've witnessed in ds so far...

in the docks by the pagans hideout one of the hooded pagan guards actually fell off the little wooden walkway into the water and drowned...god i laughed big time..way stupid! LOL

also in auldale the guard outside the tavern walked right into the cart just opposite...that was funny too!

funniest quotes...

towns person in stonemarket plazza: "evening officer"
officer: "bugger off"

the guy who keeps saying "are yer lookin' for the bakery"

oh and last night when i was making my way back to the keeper library the guard just by terces(sp?) courtyard said "i'm bloody dangerous i am!!"

...all totally hilarious! :D

Ian Flaer
31st Dec 2004, 21:22
I'm on my second play through and I'm in stone market proper on day one trying to sneak into Cathron's armory. I guess a civilian saw me because I heard a yell. well, the next thing I know, the guy who is impersonating me runs out of the armory, draws his sword and charges. thing is. . . he runs right past me and chases down a civilian and butchers him. then he runs and kills the next closest civilian. pretty soon he's killed two guards half a dozen civilians and has the female thug helping him take out guards and civilians all over town. the two of them killed all the civilians and guards on the streets at the time and didn't get killed themselves by guards until they had respawned for the second time. oh the slaughter! and the best part: they didn't want to kill me.

JC 12
31st Dec 2004, 21:28
another thing, on the way to the keeper library after the cradle, this guard said "this part of town freaks me out, not for the faint of heart", or sumin like that, lol.

class.

lazarus2005
1st Jan 2005, 23:22
Two of the funniest things iv seen playing TDS are...
1. A city watch gaurd in stone market proper
"Is someone hiding? This isn't a game you know!" :rolleyes:

2. An Aubdale citizen (near museum)
"Come out miss I'm sure your a pretty thing...
Come out I wont hurt you..." :eek:

(I guess garrets not the only one prowling for victims in Aubdale) :D lol

The_Insane
2nd Jan 2005, 00:47
Lol, those are very funny !!! here are some other:

Sleeping guard: No...snakes...too many snakes, where's piggy??

drunk guard: Iszat the queen? Thought the queen was here!

drunk guard: Waz tha! Everbuddy sebble down!

sleeping guard: ...bats...bats everywhere, get'em outa my hair!

drunk guard: Whoooz there? Heh. WHoooooo Whoooo. I'm an owl. Heh.

A guard after a fight between thugs, guards, hammers and pagans( the streets are full of blood, dead people and weapons): Hmmm, if I'm not mistaken, someone's been fighting here.

lazarus2005
2nd Jan 2005, 00:51
A guard after a fight between thugs, guards, hammers and pagans( the streets are full of blood, dead people and weapons): Hmmm, if I'm not mistaken, someone's been fighting here.

(from previous post)

I'v also seen the streets full of blood like that and a gaurd runs up and says "what, is someone bleeding here? oh nevermind he's dead, or something to that effect...

Brother52
5th Jan 2005, 12:47
There are lots of great quotes in these games, one comes to mind from the museum, i was just messing about, making way too much noise, a guard started walking toward me and said "Whats the point hinding if your going to make that much noise" or something similar.

Phoenix the Taffer
5th Jan 2005, 16:03
I put it in spoiler text in case anyone wants to experience it for themselves first, but here's that hilarious LoTP scene from Thief II a few people have mentioned: (VVG = Van Vernon guard, LWG = Lord Willy Guard)

VVG: And im telling you, that the only stench hardier than your rotting burrick of a master, is the liquor on his fetid breath! If he comes near Lady Van Vernon again, we'll boil his knickers!

LWG: Oh-ho! Mighty fine words coming from a knock-kneed inbred page boy such as yourself. Our good master Willie wouldn't be caught near that (emphasis added) frumpy...little trollop! -- unless he were holding her back at the end of a halberd!

VVG: (gasp) How dare you defile the name of someone so good and virtuous as the Lady Van Vernon? Our Lady is a saint among mortal women! An angel so pure the heavens couldn't hold her!

LWG: Buahahah! Ahh, your lady, an angel?!? You're lucky the dark side whorekeeps aren't bashing down her door for stealing their clientele. (delicious tone) Why just last night I saw her out back warming up the stable boy!

VVG: (almost screaming) Such slander will not be tolerated while we're on watch! You'd best run and rescue your helpless limp lord, before he flounders in his own vomit... or wakes up naked in a hen coop! Scurry off! -- or you'll acquire some unnecessary ventilation!

LWG: Is that a threat, you shriveled old maids?! You gonna prick us with your sewing needles? On this side of the street we shoot like soldiers, so don't make promises your arrows cant keep!

VVG: (high-pitched shrieking) YOU'VE GONE!- YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME YOU CAMEL-MANNERED, TOOTHYGWILLING MOLLY-CODDLE! AN ARROW IN THE THROAT OUGHT TO SHUT YOU UP!

LWG: Have at thee!

[Arrows fly back and forth -- the Lord Willie guards win most of the time. Ironically all 4 guards say stuff like "what the hell?" as if they've detected the player (even if you're far away) and at least some of them go into search mode while they're getting whacked with arrows]

Shadowman
7th Jan 2005, 03:28
I yes I remember that, I always just strolled past in the midst of there battle and took the spoils of the losers. I have some funny events, like the time I was being chased by a hammerite in the Dark Projest and I lead him back into the mines to see him get mauled be a zombie, One the first level of Dark Project I was chased by a city guard and he feel into open sewer manhole. There was this one guard who just froze standing up, you could walk past him hit him, whatever so he became a punching bag. When I saw my first zombie in Dark Project I took my sword out and cut it down, with a "take that zombie" comment, and then it stood back up and I went flying out of there as fast as I could. I hit one guard with an arrow in the head but somehow still lived but the arrow didn't disappear it was still there suck through one ear and out the other.

Wilhelm
7th Jan 2005, 21:50
While crouched behind a crate at the docks and watching a city guard accidently step off the dock into the water to his desmise, then all the mass pandamonium that broke out from that point...

Garrett's lover
8th Jan 2005, 20:11
Originally posted by nightshadow
citizen walks by a pile of bodies from one of the hammer/pagan fights and says "Hey you, fell asleep, did ya? Oh no! You're dead!"

That's superb!! :D

Garrett's lover
8th Jan 2005, 20:14
Originally posted by Phoenix the Taffer
I put it in spoiler text in case anyone wants to experience it for themselves first, but here's that hilarious LoTP scene from Thief II a few people have mentioned: (VVG = Van Vernon guard, LWG = Lord Willy Guard)

VVG: And im telling you, that the only stench hardier than your rotting burrick of a master, is the liquor on his fetid breath! If he comes near Lady Van Vernon again, we'll boil his knickers!

LWG: Oh-ho! Mighty fine words coming from a knock-kneed inbred page boy such as yourself. Our good master Willie wouldn't be caught near that (emphasis added) frumpy...little trollop! -- unless he were holding her back at the end of a halberd!

VVG: (gasp) How dare you defile the name of someone so good and virtuous as the Lady Van Vernon? Our Lady is a saint among mortal women! An angel so pure the heavens couldn't hold her!

LWG: Buahahah! Ahh, your lady, an angel?!? You're lucky the dark side whorekeeps aren't bashing down her door for stealing their clientele. (delicious tone) Why just last night I saw her out back warming up the stable boy!

VVG: (almost screaming) Such slander will not be tolerated while we're on watch! You'd best run and rescue your helpless limp lord, before he flounders in his own vomit... or wakes up naked in a hen coop! Scurry off! -- or you'll acquire some unnecessary ventilation!

LWG: Is that a threat, you shriveled old maids?! You gonna prick us with your sewing needles? On this side of the street we shoot like soldiers, so don't make promises your arrows cant keep!

VVG: (high-pitched shrieking) YOU'VE GONE!- YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME YOU CAMEL-MANNERED, TOOTHYGWILLING MOLLY-CODDLE! AN ARROW IN THE THROAT OUGHT TO SHUT YOU UP!

LWG: Have at thee!

[Arrows fly back and forth -- the Lord Willie guards win most of the time. Ironically all 4 guards say stuff like "what the hell?" as if they've detected the player (even if you're far away) and at least some of them go into search mode while they're getting whacked with arrows]

Hey I have a recording on that conversation! It's hilarious!

Ian Flaer
11th Jan 2005, 05:16
one evening in stone market, I found I needed a fresh batch of broadhead arrows, but I didn't want to waste good money on them (200 gold for an arrow? come on). I solved my problem this way: I snuck over to those big boxes to the left of the gate (as you spawn into the area) pushed one forward until it was in full light and stood up. the archer guard at the corner having been alerted by the noise of the box being pushed then saw me and started shooting. every time he would loose an arrow I would duck down and it would hit the boxes. all the time he's yelling about my amazing skills like I'm some sort of Kung-Fu master or something. well 15 shots and a quick escape later I had my free arrows compliments of the City Watch.

empty_other
12th Jan 2005, 10:33
I kill a person, and hides...A guard comes around the corner, ses the body, ses a lady with a sword, attacks. She kill him, and run after another guard.
A thug goes past, and comments:
-"Dead bodies...The strange thing is that i didnt kill them." (or something..)

Cant remember them other funny things in the game, but not a game without at least some laughs. (and some frustration, because of clipping bugs, not being able to swim, and so on...)

Lebensborn
14th Jan 2005, 02:04
there are to things i found funny about T3

1. I got the trainer which gives you infinite items and made a real big pile of mines which i throwed off a balcony into the street below sooner or later a guard came sniffing about to see what the noise was and boom he died but what was even more funny his sword went flying off and hit another guard which in turn killed that guard. A good thing to do is make a huge pile off mines and try to throw stuff on it like boxes and make a kind of nail bomb and when A.I. walk past they get hit with shrapnel. I really like playing with the none scripted stuff

2. My bro was checking the game out for the first time and he picked up a loaf of bread, he got spotted so he chucked the loaf at the gaurd and it hit him in the face and to our surprise killed him boy did we laugh, although we tried it again it didn't work but if anyone else has experienced this please let me

bloodysabbath
14th Jan 2005, 15:48
whats great is when a fat guy chases you and says "go on then and run taffer"

Lebensborn
15th Jan 2005, 05:11
I agree empty_other about not being able to swim, it wouldn't take that long to put it in there either. It's lazyness in my view, some of the levels from thief 1&2 were pretty much swimming levels like the one with the submarine in that carass had created. Leaving out this changes the dynamic and feel of the game. But i will say even tho the game has naff menus and stuff the feel of the game is much the same when your playing but still needs secret water passages and watery stuff in genral. What ould have been nice would be bodys floating on water, that would work good with the rag doll physics and the bodys could be detectable if they were visible enough

Kokopelli
17th Jan 2005, 18:55
This occured early in the Metal Age, the level where you had to sneak into the guard keep or something like it. Well, the "mistress" of the girl you freed on the first level was filing a complaint with one of the guards in this interrogation style room. Well, I was listening in and moved too far into the light. Next thing I hear, the guard stops the lady mid-sentence with a "Hold on!" and comes charging out of the room with his sword drawn. LOL

Mythrander101
19th Jan 2005, 16:06
I like the stone statues constantly droning on about finding me.

Maybe they could say:

I talks to myself, I talks to myself!

But I think it's great what ppl say when you kill them, like the Hammerites, they say stuff like "Builder, I hath failed" or something like that.

Myth101

Scrooble
28th Jan 2005, 10:21

YES!. . "No paw hooks?? What'd they do, just. . bump into each other?" :D

Let's see. . .I also love that fight between the guards in Thief 2. "If he goes near Lady Van Vernom again. . .. we'll boil his knickers!!" X-D

and the guy that pretends to be Garrett in DS. . hehe "If ye want Garrett-style quality, ya better expect Garrett-style prices!"

in Thief 2, if one of the drunk guards sees you, he'll run at you giggling and going "Ok. . (teehee!) Keep yer shirt on, I'm comin'!(teehee!)

heh. . and a conversation I overheard between a woman and one of the guards also in Thief 2. .
woman:(suggestively) Don't you want a woman to keep you warm?
guard (Benny): What for? This coat is plenty warm enough, and it's not even cold out!

hehe. . .man, there's so many. .

SchwarzenRitter
18th Feb 2005, 10:25
When it comes to guards conversation, the one many of you have spoken of is with no doubt the funniest: The rooftop-fight in metal age. When one of them gets so angry he screams with a high pitch voice...
It's fun to reload and see who wins the shootout most times... ;)

I think the Great Rats in Deadly Sahdows are very funny charaters, it's a shame they are so rare in the game. They remind me of Gollum somehow... Garret's remark when he sees one of them made me smile as well... :)

Lobber
18th Feb 2005, 14:34
The funniest moment in the game for me actually occured during the Mansion Break in.

I was sneaking down that front hallway that the guard patrols up and down.
I was standing upright, in deepest shadow, but right next to the carpet that the guard walks by. He turns right in front of me, and suddenly jumps and screams

"BLOODY HELL!"

I could have sworn he jumped back 10 feet scared out of his wits.

Most hilarious moment.

the one true thief
18th Feb 2005, 18:36
another funny thing that happened to me in TDS, was when i went to stonemarket proper (or plaza), in that guard house i went upstairs to where those 2 guards sit and talk, and there is 2 loot cups on the shelf with a torch, well i was trying to get the loot while the torch was still on, so i pressed my back on the wall and started sneaking, one of the guards heard me, went right up to my face - didnt see me - then he looked at me again,jumped backwards and fell over the banister and hit the guard below :D

i couldnt stop laughing :p

it was just so funny seeing that guy fall. hit the guard and knock each other out!

flat out funny!

Scrooble
21st Feb 2005, 06:34
This funny thing actually happened in the Shalebridge Cradle, of all places. It was right at the end and I shot a noisemaker arrow to distract all the staff members and they all got up from their table and started running towards the arrow, except one staff member tripped over a chair and died. (well, turned into dust) God, that was funny . . . don't even really know why. :p

Mythrander101
21st Feb 2005, 15:34
Ok, my previous post was a little lame so i'm going to make it up by quoting what 2 ppl said (this is not verbatim):

"I was just thinkin to myself 'wouldn't it be nice to have some taffer's head to bash' - and then you come along."

Drunk City Guard tlking to himself: "...Nah, I was there, Drunk maybe but I was there, on time, and ready to protect..." pause "...whatever it is I was supposed to protect."

Those are just great.

Myth101

Elizabeth
23rd Feb 2005, 07:05
I agree with tealsmith, between all the conversations of the Thief world I think it would be between the Lord and Lady on "Life of the Party".
I love it when he screams!!! That's my favorite level on Thief 2 because of the screaming part.
~Elizabeth

Arch_Angel
5th Mar 2005, 18:17
Best ever were in the pagan sanctuary. The first one I was creeping along a rafter and knocked over a barrel. It fell off the rafter and landed on someone below, killing her. spoiler -The other time was with the metal gear and pushing it off the rafters on to the swordery lesson going on below and then hearing one of the guards saying "My eyes must be playing tricks on me. The gear actually killed two people, the first one right out and it landed on the second persons foot. She kept screaming for a while until she just died.

LithiuMart
8th Mar 2005, 22:18
The two funniest things that ever happened to me in Thief DS was the time a guard fell down the "lift shaft" thing and died (in the first mission in the Rutherfords when you have to open the vault.)

The other one was at the end of the game, the hag fell off the dock and into the sea, I didn't even put any oil on the floor! She reappeared later on so it didn't cancel out the end fight.

Horlox
8th Mar 2005, 23:59
A couple things come to mind right now. The fat guard watching the dinning room in the first mission. I lured him all the way to the elevator. the elevator was up and I was in the cavity. He couldn`t reach me and he started cussing and be began to stamp his feet and shake his head with his hands! hilarious!

here is another exerpt: "Don`t think I can`t handle this on my own" he rushes off go get some help!

If your pivoting around a guard he will say" are we fighting or we dancing!"

Scrooble
9th Mar 2005, 21:18
I know my friend Steve has, so I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining things. Anyway, it was in Old Quarter when the enforcers are fighting the guards and I heard one guard scream "OH FU----" and then get cut off by an explosion. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was screaming a fairly familiar expletive there. :D
They probably did that and made it so that it would be cut off like that. . either way, it was hilarious.

edliu512
14th Mar 2005, 14:05
I was looting a chest in the Hammer Church, somehow I can't target the loot on the inside, so I jumpped on top of the open chest. Then Garret fell into the chest and got stuck!!!!!! I was thinkin headline for the next day is gonna be "Master Thief gets stuck in a Treasure Chest and got Caught..." :eek:

Sabathius
14th Mar 2005, 22:15
I love Warden Stout's little message to you when you get thrown into Pavelock: "...the only reason you're still alive is so there could be a public execution."

That one always gives me a good laugh :D

LithiuMart
17th Mar 2005, 22:21
The way Garrett makes a smug "heh" at his idea for a new headline for tomorrows paper always makes me smile.

Gervasius
20th Mar 2005, 10:41
Two funny things

In TMA on the mission where you have to get home from the crippled burrick. Benny is approached by a hooker and she asks if he would like her to keep him warm tonight. He says something like, "but my uniform is plenty warm and it isn't even cold out tonight." That was the best. Benny RULES!!!!

Also, this is more of a funny glitch. When I was on shipping and receiving I was searching high and low for the guard with the davidsons key and I noticed earlier that there was a guard stuck on the boat making seizure like motions. I launched a noisemaker to try and draw him away from whatever he was stuck on so he would resume patrol in case he was the one with the key. Well he got up on the rail and fell over into the water and drowned. After swimming down and searching the body I found out he was indeed the one who was holding the key. That dang level took me 2 hours yesteday because of the stupid key. That, and the fact that I haven't touched my copy of TMA in well over a year. Anyway, that was pretty funny.

Arch_Angel
28th Mar 2005, 04:05
I remember when i was freeing the kurshok i hadn't bothered to take out anyone nearby, so the thugs and the guards chased after it, so like ten people were chasing this things all over stonemarket (apparentely there was an error with the pathfinding, or it could be that i stuck a barrel in its way so it couldn't leave. a quick arrow in a guards back set them to a fighting, heh heh heh

Bozzo
4th Apr 2005, 19:18
Funniest Thief moments:

Thief Dark Project (Gold):
A tie between the guard talking about the stars on the mage mission and the mad opera singer in the opera house mission.

Thief Metal Age:
The archers on Life of the Party:
"Are you going to prick us with your sewing needles? I'll have you know that on this side of the street we fight like solders!" By far the funniest dialogue.

Thief Deadly Shadows:
The conversation between the guards at the zombie boat.

dodgerfan23
4th May 2005, 01:26
Once I was in the pagan hideout in the docks and dropped an oil flask down and one of the pagans stepped on it, slid almost in slow-motion for about 10 feet and smacked into a wall.

dodgerfan23
4th May 2005, 01:27
I was trying to sneak up on a guard then he flipped around and I whacked him with my blackjack and he said, "Are we fighting or dancing..." haha

Porion
4th May 2005, 07:56
My funniest moment was probably when i first entered the Hammerite Temple, so long ago i dont remember the name, in the level with teh jail cells i managed to get a bunch of Hammerites mad at me for some choicely bad moves. but as i went past one of the cells (believe this or no) an undead stepped out and started killing!

I couldnt believe it and i've never seen it in the level since, but that first time it ran out and started slashing this way and that through Hammerites. I killed the priest so i could do my looting while they were all busy. It managed to kill them all so i dodged it afterwards and was pretty happy with how things went..

Wolfeye
5th May 2005, 23:34
I was trying to sneak up on a guard then he flipped around and I whacked him with my blackjack and he said, "Are we fighting or dancing..." haha

Once when I hit a guy with the blackjack he noticed me and said "Watch it! You could've hurt me!" :D

Wolfeye
6th May 2005, 23:57
One thing I heard in the keeper library yesterday was a woman who was saying: "Mabye i'm not smart enough, mabye they give me those strange looks because my questions are so stupid!" :D

c6jones720
9th May 2005, 12:26
I liked it in the older games where there was a UK westcountry guard who mumbled

"When are they gonna bring me my dinner? - I dont see why I should be the only one in the dark and the cold and the..."

Windog
10th May 2005, 15:52

That would have to be the best one, and the one i always remember when i think about Thief. It was the first quote i ever heard from the game when my mate first introduced me to it.

Doesn't he continue on about how back in the old days the used to have metal claws and paws as big as your face or something like that... however it went, it was a classic

neilmac
18th May 2005, 16:02
My favorite is the two guards talking about the "scratch" on the dumb-ones arm. It goes on throughout the story line where it turns into a wicked nasty oozing sore and actually gets healed through oxblood and letting out the bad humors - then the other guard catches gets a scratch....the commentary throughout is hilarious!!!!

alidodger
19th May 2005, 16:08
But one of the funniest things I've ever, not just the dialog, is one time when I went into Stonemarket Proper. There were Hammerites, Pagan Shaman, City Watch, women pirates, man pirates, all killinmg each other. And what's cool is when you leave the area and come back, it's like you never left. you get to see the whole thing unfold. Over twenty dead. At least 2 dozen. All those people dead and I didn't have a thing to do with it. I loved every bit of it!

lol that happened to me, there was a pile of dead bodies in the doorway and I couldn't get out of the building! When i finally got out (it took about ten mins to move all the bodies out the way) there were corpses all over Stonemarket Proper... then i just looted 'em all (all the Watch guys were dead) and made a dash for the fences. Also one of those pirate women drew her sword and accidentally killed a civilian while doing so. LOL :D

Tafferboy
29th May 2005, 05:18
There were some hilarious lines. I liked the burrick burger one and the "of course not--you're dead" one.

I came across a funny scene in Ironwood. As I was in the catacombs looking for the place to put the artifact (I later realized it was outside), I came across a gargoyle statue fighting two zombies. Neither could kill the other. The statue would knock one down, then the other, then the first one would get up and go again. They would've beat on each other infinitely.

alidodger
3rd Jun 2005, 15:21
I found another weird funny thing.

You can blackjack rats. They even have the ragdoll effects. You can blackjack cats too. Weird, man.

Kyrvias
25th Jun 2005, 03:06
Its hard to blackjack rats though, aiming at a little critter. You can also kill em with the dagger, which is mean. Blackjacks are the best.

BlackWood
26th Jun 2005, 00:05
In the End of the Bloodline in one of the bedrooms is a chest with a sleeping guard.When you want to open the chest,he is sleeping and dreaming,and say:
Dont open it,dont open it....mama or something like this

c6jones720
27th Jun 2005, 12:09
Its funny to go into the hammer church and let the zombies in the cellar out. The Hammers go mental end end up fighting them whilst you hide and watch. :)

Grabbing Garrett
10th Jul 2005, 21:22
My funniest moment was in Fort Ironwood. There was a LONG narrow staircase and I dropped oil in the doorway. A guard and two zombies, who were chasing me, all fell down and died. Well, the zombies lived, but I threw a holy water bottle at them and miraculously it managed to kill both of them in one shot.

Reverie
21st Jul 2005, 12:48
Oh man what ISN'T funny about this game? I've only been playing it for like a week and this is the hardest i've laughed in a LONG time. I actually laughed so hard i was in pain today.

The funniest things i've come across thus far are these:
- The drunk guard in Old Quarter "Hooo, hoo, i'm an owl!"
- When i was trying to discretely get rid of a patrolling guard in the Docks outside of the Tavern for one of the side missions, i threw an oil flask onto the boardwalk and when he came along he slid all the way down and flew right off the end into the water
- I decided to go on a killing spree in Old Quarter. After running around the streets and killing about a dozen city watch and hammerites i made my way up to the little hide-out place outside the fence's joint and when there were about 4 opponents there i shot out a couple of moss arrows and watched them all stagger around choking (sounds morbid, but hilarious)
- I was stood ontop of the light outside the museum in Auldale and a woman ran off when she saw me and got two city watch to investigate the area. From atop the light (where they couldn't see me) i threw out a number of flashbombs and the two guards ended up stumbling around in exact unison - waving their hands, shaking their heads at exactly the same time. It was like it was choreographed (sp?)
Hilarious!

Oh also one of the first lines i heard in the DS was great. I can't remember how it went exactly, but one of guards on the first level after the training mission i think was talking to himself and saying "i should have said it then 'my name's lampwick sir, not 'you there'...' then he goes on about how he missed his opportunity or something. Funny stuff.

stickyfingers
31st Jul 2005, 17:30
The sleeping guard in the first mission (TDS) - "...*snore*...but Mama, I don't WANT any more porridge...".

That voice ALMOST sounds like Patrick Stewart.

c6jones720
2nd Aug 2005, 07:46
I bought thief 3 on the XBOX again (I sold my old XBOX). I noticed that the training mission seems to have a funny bug in it. On the bit where you creep up behind Lord Ember and the Cook if you kill the guard in the room and then try to kill lord Ember or the cook the guard respawns but cant do anything. You can go up to any of them and attack them but none of them will do anything in retaliation, its quite a laugh.

esme
2nd Aug 2005, 11:02
When I'd been playing for a couple of days and realised that Terces was 'secret' backwards .. damn those keepers are wily

doh!

stickyfingers
2nd Aug 2005, 20:27
TDS again, entering Stonemarket; a thug walks out of the path to the right, sees the patrolling guard. The guard sees the thug at the same moment. BOTH say (simultaneously), "There you are!!!", and draw swords. The guard wins; walks away muttering how the streets are safer because he's there.

This happened after I overheard the fake Garrett contracting for the 'steal the knife from the armory' thing. I THINK the thug was the fake.

stickyfingers
15th Aug 2005, 06:28
This happened to me earlier tonight, a variation on 'What's with the hood?' - some guy passing in the alley says, 'What's with the hood? Must be unemployed.'

Reverie
15th Aug 2005, 12:05
Stonemarket Proper. A thug and watchman discover a body i left on the ground and start laying into each other. I start walking down the steps towards Marla's when i hear something odd.
After all the assassin's were gone i hear one saying something like "find the betrayer" or whatever they say. So i walk back to the brawl to find one in the middle of the fight between the thug and watchman. I don't know where the hell it came from but it was funny none-the-less. Oh and it got killed by others.

c6jones720
25th Aug 2005, 11:53
I was playing the Overlook Grounds level on the XBox yesterday and I went into the room that goes to Widow Moira's tower. There were three people in the room and I blocked the doorway so they couldnt leave. I used the little knife and killed three people at the same time with only two stabs!

Naboo
25th Aug 2005, 15:58
my favourite is day 1 i think you over hear a man claiming he's you and things
then at the end of the conversation garrett says "hmm so thats the infamous garrett eh? not as pretty as i thought he'd look!

lol :D

or alternatively on the pagan camp next to the training grounds theres a huge cog over the pagans head when you get close enough garrett says" shouldnt leave things lying around someone could have an accident

i also thought it was funny when i put some oil in front of the gears in the clocktower and the hammerite had an "accident"

aswell as all this i find it funny that in the loading screens it says "beware just because a zombie is on the floor doesnt mean its dead" i mean youd never guess they wernt dead considering you can hear them growling from a mile away

Reverie
26th Aug 2005, 05:18
I'm sure this is not so uncommon (can't remember if it's been mentioned), but i just found it so funny in the context it was said that i have to mention it.

I was at the docks for the first time on a new game and i was listening to the conversation between the two guards guarding the [you know what] up on the crates. So they're talking away and this woman walks out from one of the walkways to the tavern, and as she's passing the guards one of them snaps out of the conversation and yells at her "get a job!" then goes straight back to the conversation. Hilarious!

I love how i keep finding new things to laugh at, and i'm on my third time through the game.

the one true thief
26th Aug 2005, 05:36
I was just messing around in the docks (first time when you go there) on a save I had saved ages ago. Well While I was there I walked around everywhere (sneaking really) when all of a sudden all of the guards and commoners and the pub maid we're all following each other.

I decided to follow them and you know the place where you have to get on that boat to the overlook mansion? well they walked towards there and they all just fell into the water one by one. :eek:

I dont know how it happened but I was laughing my head off :D

c6jones720
26th Aug 2005, 11:58
I was playing the hammar clock tower the other day and I knocked one of the guards into the clock mechanism on the first screen. He made quite a squishing sound which was quite funny

Reverie
2nd Sep 2005, 02:08
For anybody who hasn't played the cradle mission yet, this post may contain spoilers.

Whilst redoing the cradle mission i placed the blunt utensils in the meal hall in order to visit the cradle's memory. As i "arrived" i noticed something wrong with one of the staff members. One of the guys that sit in the chair in the corridor to all the cells was actually stuck in his chair and fiddling around, or maybe he fell through or something, but it was funny either way. After a couple of seconds he died. Fine by me! :D

stickyfingers
2nd Sep 2005, 05:11
I'm in the Overlook Mansion tonight, looking for the study, and I got busted by the cat! Apparently, it followed me down the hall, walks past me, and yowls. The guard from the rotunda shows up and catches me flatfooted. :eek:

Kyrvias
7th Sep 2005, 02:05
Yes... cats do at that. it breaks my heart, but cats must DIE in this game

I was in town and a guard saw me, instantly pulling out his sword. He killed the noblewoman next to him, and right after a commoner noticed me. He yelled, "AAAH its the MURDERER!"

The gaurd is being insulted...

Reverie
8th Sep 2005, 10:30
That reminds me of when a watchman killed somebody else by just pulling out his sword once.

It seems the storeman in South Quarter has packed up and left :confused: I killed him for fun on like day 3 or something and now whenever i go into South Quarter, not only is he not there, but his store isn't there either, and all i see is smoke puff up from where the candles SHOULD be, even after all the missions i've done. I don't remember this happening the last two times i played the game, but then i've never killed him before.

Horlox
14th Jan 2008, 21:20
Thread resurection!

When you club a guard head on sometimes he'll say:

"It's like being licked by a kitten!":D

Horlox
15th Jan 2008, 02:43
Running away from a guard in Audale "Stop running you taffin dog breath!"

"Aw that's the cutest hit I ever got"

Dooba
19th Feb 2008, 06:08
are you talking about the two guards that are talking about the zombies and the guard with the unintelligent-sounding voice talks about cutting the other's leg off?! That was hillarious!! I just love the dialog in this game. It is, by far, the funniest dialog in any game I've ever played. I just need to go through the game again, writing down all of the funny stuff. I would love to get the script.......uh, is that possible, do you think?

Hi. I am Ruslan. A fan of what you discuss here. I have all the conversations in mp3. Would you like to have it? I'll upload if you want.

Peter_Smith
22nd Feb 2008, 03:37
Some of Sly Foxx's dialogs in FMs are priceless. The funniest of all time IMO was the conversation concerning meteorology between Benny and another guard Heist Society. It is worth loading up the mission just to hear that (it's near the beginning, inside the entry hall, which you enter from the plant room). The best line was "I said atmosphere, you Taffer, not utmost fear." :) You have to hear the whole thing.

In the OM's, I really liked the sword fight between the thieves and the spiders in Shipping and Receiving on Davidson's ship. You have to ghost up to the ship and let the spiders out of the cage without being seen. Then the thief guards and the spiders have a fight. Both are jumping around like crazy, and the thieves are saying things like "I'm going to make you bleed, taffer!". Then, if you are lucky, a spider and a guard will fall down in the hold, continue the fight down there, blow up some powder kegs, and blow everything to smithereens. It may not sound like much to describe it. You have to see it.

GarretEye
25th Feb 2008, 10:03
Thief 2: Ambush

Prostitute: What's a big fellow like you doing out here at night?

Benny: ha ha haw haw

Prostitute: Don't you want a woman to keep you warm?

Benny: What for? This uniform is plenty warm enough, and it's not even cold out tonight.

:lol:

timmybuddhadude
13th Apr 2008, 02:37
:o
my best is with the guards, near the end, when a nice lady walks past him and says 'hay, how are 'you doing today'?

and he replies 'Oh bugger off'! and mumbles, am sure he ##said that, man! MOST EXCELLENT , BILL! (said ted):nut:

tigre23
25th Jun 2008, 20:25
1) sleeping guard in rutherford manor....lemon cake with icing, bats bats there in my hair,

2) the two guards who start off in south quarter talking about a bad cut and the "bad humours" you hear the end bit in auldale

TombRaiderPrincess
30th Jun 2008, 14:06
Ok last week when I was playing TDS the wierdest thing happened. I was happily walking along in South Quarter when this guard came along and started to run after me. I couldn't be bothered to fight him so I just backed against the wall (cuz they never see you then). In really bright light. With the guard inches away from me.

Five minutes later

Guard- Yeah, you keep running taffer.
Me- OH FOR CHRISTS SAKE! GARRET IS BACKED AGAINST A WALL IN SERIOUSLY BRIGHT LIGHT! HE HAS A GLOW-IN-THE-DARK-EYE!!!!!:mad2: :mad2: YYOOUU BBLLOOOODDYY MMOORROONN!!!!
Guard- Waa! (Jumps up into the air. Doesn't come back down.)
Me- :confused:

Two and a half hours later

I was happily walking along in South Quarter when this guard came falling from the sky. He landed right in front of me, unharmed, and killed me.

Guard- Yeah, so shifty-eyes had to take a nap.
Me-:eek: Did anyone else see that guy fall from the sky?? :confused:

Wierd.

Forsithe
20th Jul 2008, 01:27
Lol Mine wasnt even a dialogue. I was in SOuth Quarter on TDS and I just open this door and he goes "Who did that?" and then he sees this priest lookin guy wallkin by and goes AHAA! and he starts chasing after him and kills him! But NO he doesnt stop there he goes on a rapage and kills 2 other people befor ethe city watch finally finish him off XD

I just imagine the look on Garrets face staring out into the distance at this guy runnin around killing people and then he says "..........what just happened?" in a confused tone.

Survivor Kid 909
14th Aug 2008, 18:19
In mission #2 in TDS.

Sleeping guard "Mummble mummble bacon" priceless!

Rachie
1st Oct 2008, 09:05
*Me leaping about on the "Thief's Highway", then jumping onto some pipes with a loud bang*

Guard underneath: "GRAPES!!!"

Me, after a few seconds of shock: :lol: :lol:

Haelent
4th Dec 2008, 23:06
Haha, I loved all the Thief games so so much. My favorite conversation probably has to be in The Dark Project when you first start the mission. If you stand outside the room directly in front of where you start...
Hey! I'm going to the bear pits tomorrow. You wanna come with?
:D :D :D
Funniest thing that ever happened in The Dark Project was in the Bonehoard. I once had about 6 zombies chasing me, and normally they stop once they reach an edge, like humans do as well. I jumped off of an edge into one of the many pits of water, trying to evade the zombies. What did they do? All 6 of them decided to follow me by some funny glitch. They all fell standing up, and landed standing up at the bottom of the water. All I could hear for 10 seconds was zombies groaning in pain, and then all 6 dropped truely dead... I even swam over and picked up the corpses! :lol:

Matuzzz
14th Feb 2009, 18:17
once i played Saint Edgars Eve(second mission with hammerites)...i was down in the factory, where was some fire trap flor...i jumped, guard came and jumped on that flor, died and another guard heard him and came and the same thing happenned, then third one came:D:D:D...then i had clear path:)

i like when you make noise...and guard ask loudly:,,is that you percy?ยดยด...every guard in the city ask that...Percy must be very popular...

DismalAngel
11th Jan 2010, 14:08
A lot of the random stuff said in the game cracks me up;

The guard sleeping in the Rutherford Castle snorting "too many snakes...where's Piggy?"
Garrett's neighbour - "Pancakes...mmm...yeah, that's right...syrup...butter," said in SUCH a provocative manner...
The guards in Stonemarket who all seem to have colds and will spend alot of time sneezing and then muttering complaints about it being too cold out.

I always crack up also after I pickpocket some unsuspecting wanderer in the streets who will suddenly realise their items are missing, look around and go "what? It's gone? I must have dropped it..." then just continue walking off like nothing had happened.

And of course, when you find the prissy men with the ponytail who always say "I'm going to tell on you" as if they were five year olds in school.

Very amusing game.

Bobtobismo
16th Jan 2010, 21:56
In DS if you listen to all the guard conversations you can, there are two guards over and over talking about a festering wound and at one point the stupid one says "Doc says bad humors could be stopped if we would just stop taking baths so often!" and other small things like "Is it any better?" "I don't know! It looks worse, but it doesn't hurt anymore so I guess its better!"
Good times.