PDA

View Full Version : Help me fix this please

tekakeniki
19th Nov 2004, 07:08
I am at the part where garret first is in the keeper archives. i have my game saved just inside the entrance to the forbidden library. Now, about 10 seconds after I load the game my mission automatically fails becuase I "did something to cause the keepers to attack me". That is my only saved game, so i will have to start over if i cant fix this. If that happens, im gonna say screw this game, because ive invested to much tiem to do it all over again. Please help me.

Tin Star
19th Nov 2004, 08:30
What does your objectives say that you need to do?Also what mission did you just get done with.

Tin Star

theBlackman
19th Nov 2004, 09:40
http://www.somewhattwisted.com/thief-3-savegames.htm

Pick one of these saves and plug it AS IS into your Save files.

Quillan
19th Nov 2004, 15:12
Don't take offense, but you've accidentally screwed yourself there. What it sounds like is that you saved the game in a bad spot; you aren't allowed in the Forbidden Library, and will lose if you are spotted. You either saved after you had been spotted but before the guy could get to you, or saved in a spot where being seen was unavoidable. You might experiment with reloading and running to a dark shadow, perhaps tossing a flashbomb or two, and see if you can lose the guy before the game ends. If that doesn't work, then you will need to download a save from theBlackman's link to continue.

rustmite
19th Nov 2004, 15:19
Words of Wisdom:

A suggestion: In the future, you might want to save your game at specific intervals, and at the start of the mission, using the normal save function, then thruout the mission with the quicksave.

At least then if something gets screwed up, you can start from the beginning of the mission or the last save point using normal save, without restarting the entire game.

I've never heard of anybody saving in only one spot....good luck;)

tekakeniki
20th Nov 2004, 23:03
Hehe, thanks for all of your help. I normally dont do stupid things like this, but for some reason I wasnt thinking straight. Ill try out or suggestions and hopefully something will work.

Thanks Again.

theBlackman
21st Nov 2004, 00:38
You can also ESC out of a mission, go to the LOAD menu and select RESTART which will restart THAT PART OF THE GAME.

You may have to do a single mission over, but won't have to start at the NEW GAME and from the very beginning of the game.

MMM Mark
24th Nov 2004, 10:46
Originally posted by theBlackman
You can also ESC out of a mission, go to the LOAD menu and select RESTART which will restart THAT PART OF THE GAME.

You may have to do a single mission over, but won't have to start at the NEW GAME and from the very beginning of the game.

MMM Mark: THIS IS THE TRUTH ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION:
In this part you mustn't go into the forbidden library,because
If you try to get inside,the keeper guard at the door will
attack you and then you will fail the mission!

Play thief DS again ,(It will be not a long time if you did it before)
and dont go to the forbidden library!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After a few mission you will be in the keeper library again and
then you can go into the forbidden library.(IT will be in a cutscene)
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Vanguard
26th Nov 2004, 00:44
I don't remember when I was ever barred from going into the Keeper Library (forbidden). I was barred from going in the front door. So what does Garrett do when the front door is not the way in? Find another way in. However, the other way in is not available until Garrett receives a specific glyph power.