PDA

View Full Version : Official Site updated

sick
12th Nov 2004, 10:19
Go check it out!!:D

www.imperialglory.com

Will update FAQ with new info as soon as I get home from work.

sick
13th Nov 2004, 01:16
Looks like they don't want us to see it yet.:( Luckely my computer doesn't automatically deletes temporary internet files.;) I hope it will be back up soon, it's looking great!!

Vic Flange
16th Nov 2004, 10:16
Yep, there were a couple of bits we wanted to do more work on, so Marketing are planning to have the site back up by next week.

sick
19th Nov 2004, 23:21
Alright, it's back up again!!:cool:

Be sure to check it out, it's worth a visit.

Willmore
20th Nov 2004, 07:45
Yeah - looks awesome ... though I take slight offense to "the icy wastes of Russia"

By the way, any way I can download the mp3 of the music on the web-site ?

Paolai
20th Nov 2004, 11:04
very nice!!!

sick
20th Nov 2004, 11:24
I have both music tracks on TAFN, Willmore. Check the Downloads dB.

The_Russian_Rocket
22nd Nov 2004, 00:54
This site looks great, those descriptions of the units cleared up a lot of questions.

Originally posted by Willmore
though I take slight offense to "the icy wastes of Russia"
I do too.

haradrim
22nd Nov 2004, 21:21
The site looks great:D. Just out of curiosity when will the descriptions for the other nations come out.

Willmore
23rd Nov 2004, 03:06
Check TAFN, they have all the Empires updated there with the units.

french_crash
23rd Nov 2004, 15:24
French, English, Russians, ...all units are the same...it's just the color of the uniforms which changes !!!

Paolai
23rd Nov 2004, 15:36
The better way to have a balance game and not overpowered units, is to have for all the factions the same units. I prefer to have a balance game.

french_crash
23rd Nov 2004, 15:49
ok, but special unit for each country will be more fun...and more historically true

Paolai
23rd Nov 2004, 16:25
more fun...I am not agreed. I have fun if the game is well balanced. If that means to have less units its ok for me :)

sick
23rd Nov 2004, 21:31
Originally posted by french_crash
ok, but special unit for each country will be more fun...and more historically true

I agree with this. Otherwise you can have just one Empire in the game and it wouldn't make a difference.
When each Empire has some special units with different strenghts and weaknesses the game would become more interesting to play as you need to use different tactics for each Empire = more fun.

Willmore
24th Nov 2004, 02:05
I strongly disagree.

Let's take the current units as an example.

Rifleman, and every other great-light-infantry unit the other countries have. Should a Rifleman be limited to musket-range shots, when he is capable of firing from a greater distance with greater accuracy ?

It is obvious that to be historically accurate, and be somewhat original, the Empires must have significant advantages and disadvantages, which would in theory even out on the field of battle, depending on the strategy used.

Now, Russia has an obvious advantage in the raw numbers. Yet most of the force is largely unskilled, due to lack of constant warfare over the previous decades, unlike Britain and France. Which would mean that Russia's units as a whole would be less "powerful" then their British or French counterparts. (I don't speak of Prussia or Austria, as I'm not as familiar with them)
Obvious exception being the specialty units - the Russian Heavy Cavalry - Czar's Guards, and the Ismailovski Guard who are the Elite heavy infantry.

Now, historically speaking, Russia is most known for the brute strength, ferocity and complete shock of their bayonette charges by the infantry. As such, 100 Izmailovski Guardsmen should be able to overcome say the Black Watch in a bayonette attack, while be defeated by the same in an exchange of volley fire.

The Czar's Guards are obviously a specialty unit for Russia. As such, it should be able to overcome their counterparts amongst heavy cavalry, like the Cuirassiers.

While the Russian Dragoons would lose to Grenadier á Cheval.

All in all, those difference would equal out, and strategy and skill would make a far greater difference.

One might argue that one unit, that is the "best" could dominate the battlefield for one nation. That is completely not true. All the units are reliant on someone else on support, thus is formed the Chess game of Napoleonic warfare.

The differences will always even out, I guarantee it.

sick
27th Nov 2004, 11:17
For our German speakers: German section launched.
Viel spaß.;)

http://www.eidos.de/gss/legacy/imperialglory/main.htm