PDA

View Full Version : Specific

Stewydude
11th Nov 2004, 09:22
If anyone wants anything more specific, ive opened dark.gam in notepad and theres a lot of garbage there. Do you have to editi it that way or do you do changes in dromed then save your custom .gam file?
If anyone has any resources or anything that might be helpful, please email me

Speesh
11th Nov 2004, 16:52
Basically, when you are in the hierarchy, there is an add button. You can use the add button to create new AI's, objects, etc. with your own custom properties so that you have your own things permenantly added to the hierarchy. Whenever you do that however, you have to go to the menu and click save gamesys. All you have to do is save it as anything you want. Then next time you open dromed the new object will be in the same place in the hierarchy that it was before. If you didn't save the gamesys then it would dissappear.

Spike14
10th Dec 2004, 16:52
However, try not to overwrite dark.gam, otherwise you could mess up the OMs...

Make sure you save as something original, like mymissionabbreviated.gam, and then make sure its in your Thief directory, and with your mission open, use the command set_gamesys mymissionabbreviated.gam, then save your mission, so your mission will run off your new gamesys instead of dark.gam.

If you want, DOWNLOAD COMPLETE TUT! Ottoj55 has it on his site, anyone have the URL (I stopped hosting it when GBM + David drop kicked me out of TTLG for good...)?

Cheers,

Spike14 :thumb:

John D.
10th Dec 2004, 18:52
Another good tip with custom gamesys files is to have a special folder where you can save a copy of the modified one each time you make changes (for example Johnd1.gameys Johnd1x.gamesys etc) that way if you
make a mistake and screw up your custom gamesys you can revert to the previous save.:)

R_Soul
10th Dec 2004, 20:31
It already does that. It's called backup.gam :p

Spike:
You can do a search on Google for otto thief (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=otto+thief) and the 2nd and 3rd results have a link to his website :)
edit: it's now the 4th & 5th :o

John D.
10th Dec 2004, 21:06
It already does that. It's called backup.gam
With Dromed you can never have too many backups!;) :p

Yandros
14th Dec 2004, 20:17
Holy cow, Spike is back from the dead! Welcome back!