PDA

View Full Version : 4 days 8 hours a day.. finished the game

Schmoe
11th Nov 2004, 04:06
whoot! LOL i know it took too long probably, but i did not use a single walkthrough or hint giude.

i DID print out only a loot guide, to see if i missed anything. man those guides are off in the routes i took. i spent more time on pause looking at the loot guide saying "where the F was that candlestick i just nabbed" LOL

total stats:

damage taken: 8
healing taken: 9 (dont ask me how that happened)

on each level i took 100% of the loot (man some were tough).

now looking at the walkthroughs to see what i did differently, and i have 2 questions:

the sidequest going to Ramien's place .. i never found his place and never saw that sidequest.

the pagan shaman in old quarter in that sewer like thing, ther supposedly is a request by him to stop the undead, conversly do the same for the hammers by stealing his wandse (hehehe pagan spekase). never got that sidequest also.

all in all good game, hard to compare to thief II. take the ned mission in thief II. there is no way whatsoever to destroy all the enemies. you can not get enough water arrows even with the ones you pick up. that last level in thief II was hard as h***.

this one, the story was decent, and the flip-flpooing of working for whom was nice. all the stuff to steal was great and the few sound clips of the old music was very entertaining, especially the victrola that played karras's message LOL.

overall i give the game a B+. i can't quite put a finger on it, but something was lacking. maybe the old "secrets" of thief II. fun stuff to find and hidden passages and stuff. the interaction with the environment was awsome. bumbing into, moving, and knocking down chairs and the like was a HUGE immersion thing i loved.

this ranks right up there with thief II, and Dues EX (my 2 all time favorite games)

Ps. yes i have been on vacation and thats why i played for so long at a time LOL.

well off to play thief II again now, been too long since i played that.

theBlackman
11th Nov 2004, 04:29
Originally posted by Schmoe
whoot! LOL i know it took too long probably, but i did not use a single walkthrough or hint giude.

i DID print out only a loot guide, to see if i missed anything. man those guides are off in the routes i took. i spent more time on pause looking at the loot guide saying "where the F was that candlestick i just nabbed" LOL

total stats:

damage taken: 8
healing taken: 9 (dont ask me how that happened)

on each level i took 100% of the loot (man some were tough).

now looking at the walkthroughs to see what i did differently, and i have 2 questions:
You were not paying attention. The game says NEW NOTE for all the side quests. Which, sometimes, lead to more sidequests. If you don't or did not read the NOTES in the GOALS menu regularly you missed more than just two side quests.

the sidequest going to Ramien's place .. i never found his place and never saw that sidequest. ][/spoil]

the pagan shaman in old quarter in that sewer like thing, ther supposedly is a request by him to stop the undead, conversly do the same for the hammers by stealing his wandse (hehehe pagan spekase). never got that sidequest also. [

all in all good game, hard to compare to thief II. take the ned mission in thief II. there is no way whatsoever to destroy all the enemies. you can not get enough water arrows even with the ones you pick up. that last level in thief II was hard as h***. You can destroy every robot in the last mission. You just need a little patience and some fast work building mines, etc. from the plans you get. Water arrows are not the only thing that does away with the robots, and the guards can be done in with firearrows, regular arrows, and mines also.

this one, the story was decent, and the flip-flpooing of working for whom was nice. all the stuff to steal was great and the few sound clips of the old music was very entertaining, especially the victrola that played karras's message LOL.

overall i give the game a B+. i can't quite put a finger on it, but something was lacking. maybe the old "secrets" of thief II. fun stuff to find and hidden passages and stuff. the interaction with the environment was awsome. bumbing into, moving, and knocking down chairs and the like was a HUGE immersion thing i loved.

this ranks right up there with thief II, and Dues EX (my 2 all time favorite games)

Ps. yes i have been on vacation and thats why i played for so long at a time LOL.

well off to play thief II again now, been too long since i played that.

Schmoe
11th Nov 2004, 18:32
yeah i read all the new notes, and finished other sidequests, for example the knife you have to put in the box....

as far as thief II, yes i made every mine i could using all the parts possible, i never got all those spider dudes in that chapel or whatever, and in the room full of cannon statues, you dont have enough fire arrows available to kill them all (if you use fire arrows to kill the mechanical heads you need to).