PDA

View Full Version : E.G.M. says TR7 will be also on Xbox

Lara Croft Online
10th Nov 2004, 21:55
The December 2004 Issue #185 of Electronic Gaming Monthly
says Lara Croft Tomb Raider 7 will be on Xbox soon after PS2.

http://www.tombraidernews.com/images/news/egm2k4_tr7xbox.jpg

Lara Croft Online (http://www.laracroftonline.com)

LuxAngel
10th Nov 2004, 22:59
Wow, lots of people I know will be happy about that! ;) I keep hearing debates about which is better; X Box or PS2. Doesn't matter now where the new Tomb Raider is concerned. Both groups of 'followers' will have access. Pretty cool.

Thanks for that information, Lara Croft Online. I'll be sure to spread the word. ;)

Lara Croft Online
10th Nov 2004, 23:06
Being a new Xbox person myself. I finally broke down and got
one to play BloodRayne 2. Majesco said the textures are better
and support bump mapping. For the PS2 the textures have to
be shrunk and don't have bump mapping support. It's also nice
not to have to buy a memory card as it saves to a hard drive on
the unit.

jso2897
11th Nov 2004, 01:46
Um, they WILL be releasing it on the PC as well, won't they?

MissLara2U
11th Nov 2004, 02:55
Here's some more info on this:

TOMB RAIDER 7 TARGETS XBOX CONSOLE
Copyright © 2004 www.tombraiderchronicles.com | November 10th 2004

According to an article in the December issue of Electronics Gaming Monthly (Issue 185) Eidos plans to debut an XBOX version of Tomb Raider 7 in early 2006, several months after Sony Playstation 2 copies hit the shelves. This would be consistent with reports circulating the web that progress is well underway on producing Lara's new adventure on all formats. During a tour of Core Design back in 2002, we noticed an XBOX developers console in "mission control" but plans to debut AOD were originally dismissed because of an exclusive distribution agreement struck between Eidos and Sony.

Sony, however, were largely critical of The Angel Of Darkness during the closing stages of development and once the game had released, so it's hardly surprising Eidos are expanding their platform of choice for future Tomb Raider adventures. Eidos transferred development of the Tomb Raider franchise to its Crystal Dynamics studio in 2003 in a move the company said would enhance the value and maximise the commercial opportunity of one of its key franchises. The Californian-based studio has already acquired several feathers in its cap and strengthened its position within the game development industry with the critically acclaimed Soul Reaver series, now in its third incarnation.

M.

www.tombraiderchronicles.com
www.tombraiderforums.com

Caevyan
11th Nov 2004, 17:50
This is ace news, I will be purchasing an Xbox in the near future, and I hate having to use my PC for certain games. AOD being one of them. :rolleyes:

I bet Lara's gonna look wicked on the Xbox.:cool:

BlueSkiesXXV
12th Nov 2004, 17:54
Thanks for the info LCO!!!

On XBOX aswell...that will be a first.
Makes commercial sense.

I checked out your website...very cool...great intro!!!