PDA

View Full Version : First time help needed !??

norm
8th Nov 2004, 20:58
Yes there we are ! The first time i need help on the chronicles Tomb Raider.
After i used the Gemstone to open an door, the floor falls down. I could climb back to a save area. But after that i don't know wat to do anymore, somebody ????
Pretender@planet.nl
:D

Dino
8th Nov 2004, 23:54
It helps if you are more specific as to where you are.

I am assuming you are in Level 3 - The Colosseum, and the Gemstone you refer to resulted from combining the two Gemstone Pieces, the second of which was obtained from the pedestal in the huge cave after the timed run.

You said: "After I used the Gemstone to open a door, the floor falls down."

After obtaining the second Gemstone Piece the door on the opposite side of the room from where you entered the cave opens as you approach it, but you don't use the Gemstone to open it.

After falling down through the floor and after the cut scene with Pierre, you go through a door to a room where the Gemstone I am thinking of is put in a receptacle, and after a cut scene the floor falls away and you have to hop back and back flip to a small ledge on the opposite side of the lava pit.

Is this where you are, and does any of this help, or am I thinking of some place other than where you are?

If you want Stella's help, the link is: http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR5walk/colosseum.html

norm
9th Nov 2004, 00:03
Yep

This is where i am. I did put the gemstone in the door. After that i little movie.
When the game is actief again, i turned 180 degr. and jumped to the other side.

Then i am on a little solid ledge. i have jumped down to the opening below.

So. on one side i have the lava pit, where i still can see the door were i put the gemstone in. and a room on the other side.

This room has a door with a slidepath going down. The first two steps are allright, but after that i slide down and die !!!

Any suggestions ?

:cool:

Dino
9th Nov 2004, 01:46
Then I am on a little solid ledge. I have jumped down to the opening below.OK. From that opening below you hang from the edge and then traverse to the left and around the corner to the far side of the room where you can drop down to a ledge and then go through the door to the platform at the other end of that room.

This room has a door with a slidepath going down. The first two steps are all right, but after that I slide down and die.
I am in the game right now at that point and I don't see a door or any steps. I don't understand what you are saying here.

TheBoo
11th Nov 2004, 14:15
It's been a long time since I played the TR5 demo..........but, doesn't the demo end at this point? Is it possible you are playing the demo and not the full game?

norm
11th Nov 2004, 14:57
Thank you !!

This is de right solution ...

Wat a pittyfull way to end a demo.

Did bought the game, after this demo.

Loveley

Dino
11th Nov 2004, 19:11
That explains my confusion. I've never played the TR Chronicles Demo, just the whole game.

I searched for information about the Demo. All I could find was a mention of "Rome Levels."

But among the reviews of the Demo on one web site was the following comment:
For those of you who are stuck in that first room after the floor caves in ...There were several comments about "the first room" and "the floor caves in" among the 142 positive reviews that I read.

gamegerl
12th Nov 2004, 19:26
Originally posted by TheBoo
It's been a long time since I played the TR5 demo..........but, doesn't the demo end at this point? Is it possible you are playing the demo and not the full game? no cuz i also played the demo..it doesnt end here...

gamegerl
12th Nov 2004, 19:29
the demo ends some where after the room where the gladioator and the lion....then u defeat the statue,get the secret.....then slide down...

gamegerl
12th Nov 2004, 19:32
norm,did reach the room where you have defeated the gladeator and the lion...then u go into the next room and defeat the statue????

Dino
13th Nov 2004, 10:22
I downloaded the Tomb Raider Chronicles Demo and just finished playing through it.

From my previous post:
From that opening below you hang from the edge and then traverse to the left and around the corner to the far side of the room where you can drop down to a ledge and then go through the door to the platform at the other end of that room.In the Demo there is no platform at the other end of the room, but rather the slope going down that norm mentioned. You slide down the slope and the level ends.

In the game, from the raised platform you jump up and pull up to the floor above and meet the gladiator and the lion, and later the statue that gamegerl mentioned in her post.

So the Demo is just the first part of The Colosseum Level (level 3) of the Rome Levels. The cut scene with Pierre is left out and the Demo ends shortly after the Gemstone is used. But the nasty timed run to the second Gemstone Piece on the pedestal is there.

The Statistics says that there are three secrets, but the Demo ends before Lara gets to the ledge with the Philosopher's Stone and the third secret.

gamegerl
14th Nov 2004, 20:34
u can go back before u slide down and get the 3 secret..i did

Dino
14th Nov 2004, 20:46
Where is the third secret in the Demo?

The location of the first and second secrets is the same in the game and in the Demo, but in the game at the second secret you only get the golden rose, whereas in the Demo you get the shotgun and some shotgun shells, even though there are no more enemies to shoot from that point in the Demo to its end.

gamegerl
15th Nov 2004, 20:51
ok, after you race and collect the the gemstone piece u turn right and run towards the gate door...but u slide down....then before going into the room w/ the gladiator & lion & statue, u can head all the way back and jump accross the gap and collect the secret rose.......

i remember, the demo ended when i slid down (from the statue room)and collected the thing off the wall

OH and the last secret is in the wall behind the statue

so thats 3 secrets in the demo.....the first 1 was in the very beginning

Dino
16th Nov 2004, 00:52
For me the Demo ended after the slide down in the room after using the Gemstone. There was no platform in that room and no hole in the ceiling. So I never reached the gladiator or the lion or the statue, except in the real game.

Maybe there is more than one version of the Demo.

TheBoo
16th Nov 2004, 13:01
Originally posted by Dino
For me the Demo ended after the slide down in the room after using the Gemstone.

It was the same for me.