PDA

View Full Version : any upcoming beta?

boudreux
8th Nov 2004, 19:27
I looked all over, and couldn't seem to find info on a beta, closed or otherwise. Does anyone have any info on this? I'm sure all of us would give a lot of time and would help test out, with much patience. Any new word on a demo either?

sick
8th Nov 2004, 21:02
Forget about a public beta test. It wont come, I asure you that. It's non-Pyro Studios.
The demo is another story, I expect it to be available for download about a month before the game release.

WolfFasT
8th Nov 2004, 21:09
Originally posted by sick
Forget about a public beta test. It wont come, I asure you that. It's non-Pyro Studios.
The demo is another story, I expect it to be available for download about a month before the game release.

Which is gunna be when?

Arctic_Wolf
8th Nov 2004, 21:51
Last time I checked it was sometime next year.

Czar
9th Dec 2004, 06:40
This is a big bump for a very good reason.

Beta Testing.

Vic Flange and the rest of the team:
Please consider a Public Beta using people from outside your company.
Even if you hand pick people who have shown interest in this forum.

Here's why:
You guys have been working on this project for some time now. I'm sure you all work very hard and it's very good - but you are hardly impartial.
Also, you are hardly representative of the customers who will eventually take on the game. (Do you think like a 13yr old boy?)

I see that you hope to have a demo out soon - but release the game approximately a month later. So in other words - the demo will be released around the same time as the game goes gold.
So if you get poor feedback on the demo it is too late to address the issues.:eek:

Now - I am sure you have 'professional' betas working with you.
I have brought two games in the last 3 months 'tested' by professionals.
One of them is VERY buggy :mad:
(Ruining what should be a very good game and really turning fans away.)
The other one also has some critical errors that no 'professional' should have missed :rolleyes:

Contrast that with a game like WH40K: Dawn of War which was a Public Beta and as a result the game Runs and Plays very well.

I urge you to please consider letting your potential customers test the game. After all, would you prefer they tested it and HELPED you NOW - or brought it and CRITICIZED you LATER?

The latter option will certainly harm your profits.

In particular with this game - use players who are fimiliar with the era and the tactics of the era.

As an example, it seems you have a good potential market with the Age of Sail people for a start - these people would be excellent testers of naval combat because they have a reference for comparison.

Just something to consider.:)

The_Russian_Rocket
11th Dec 2004, 02:21
If no beta test the devs must have a demo in order to avoid a buggy game just like the TZAR said.

haradrim
11th Dec 2004, 05:05
I agree also a public beta would provide impartial evaluations. Something you cannot get by having "proffesionals" test it.

[GG] Salis
14th Dec 2004, 11:52
Beta tests are invaluable, it not only tests whats there, but highlights whats missing. I've read the forums, seen a lot of comments, and i think the devs need to do some market research on who they think is gonna buy this game. But i'll save you the trouble....its going to be die hard wargamers, Napoleonic ones at that. So detail to uniforms and other fine details are important, it adds to the atmosphere, takes you there to France 1812. Get that wrong and you'll soon see who buys the game... noone.
The game looks promising, they all do with the hype, but lets see some bones on this and give us a taste of things to come.

carry on.

S!