PDA

View Full Version : Water arrows

ccslb
8th Nov 2004, 12:28
Hello, I might be getting confused here but I seem to remember in either Thief I or II that you could get your water arrows blessed so you could kill the undead.

Is this possible in Thief III? It would make the abysmal gale a whole lot easier :)

Old Man
8th Nov 2004, 13:08
There is Holy Water just like in the earlier games. But I don't recall just how it works right now. Maybe by throwing it at the offending party?

ccslb
8th Nov 2004, 13:11
That's right but there isn't much of it! If I could get my 25 water arrows blessed I'd be laughing.

Quillan
8th Nov 2004, 15:04
It doesn't work the same way. In the first two, you either used a flask of holy water or a font, and for the next 30 seconds you shot holy water arrows instead of water arrows. In this game, you throw the flask directly. If it hits an undead it damages them. If it hits the floor it makes a puddle of holy water that will damage any undead that steps in it.

ccslb
8th Nov 2004, 15:09
Thanks for that...

I take it it is one puddle=one undead?

theBlackman
8th Nov 2004, 16:22
Or two or three, it depends on how many walk into it before it drys. I have taken out at least two at once. It's hard to get three of them in one place.

Flashbombs will also do the job. 1 for a direct hit at the feet, 2 bombs if just nearby.

ccslb
8th Nov 2004, 16:24
flashbombs kill the undead?

theBlackman
8th Nov 2004, 16:34
YEUP! Haunts and Zombies go bye bye forever with a couple of flashbombs.

You might try a fire arrow or two on the zombies also.

ccslb
8th Nov 2004, 19:59
Oh bliss!! Gonna go and kill me some undead now...

Thank you, Lee

theBlackman
8th Nov 2004, 22:58
I'm not "Lee" but you are welcome. :D :p

ycdeo
18th Nov 2004, 13:12
where to get fire arrows then?

Clumsyorchid
18th Nov 2004, 19:17
Fire arrows can be pulled from most fire sources throughout the game. Examine torches or campfires to find them.

Viciouspiggy
22nd Nov 2004, 05:29
Each store in the game sells a different elemental arrow, be it Water, Gas (air), Fire, Moss (earth). Can't recall which sold fire arrows, but you're better off using flashbombs. A bomb costs 100 G, can be bought anywhere and you can carry 20 of them.