PDA

View Full Version : I finish! I want to know something about the end :) SPOILERS

CoolUruguayGirl
8th Nov 2004, 01:14
Well, I finished the game, I think it was really funny, creepy and scary enough for me (the cridle is the best of all the mission, it really made me run like chicken when I saw those undead)
I have one question though, I understand spoken english in the movies preety well but in the end I could not get what the last glyph did! I understood that it deleted all others glyphs and that the "HAG" was old again and died, that the keeper lost the glyph from the books and their use. So, what else is that glyph for? Did I miss something???????
Thanks in advance, I am waiting the expansion or the 4th THIEF!!!!!!

theBlackman
8th Nov 2004, 02:24
As far as I know, the FINAL GLYPH was a failsafe device to cancel all the magic in the GLYPHs then in use.

It's purpose was to reveal the ONE TRUE KEEPER and prevent the GLYPHS from being used for an evil purpose.

The "coming" of the TRUE KEEPER (Garrett) into the full use of HIS powers made the GLYPHS no longer necessary. The Keepers, need no longer be hidden, as they, as a collective body were no longer necessary to maintain the balance between good and evil.

It appears that Garrett has now inherited that function. Which leads to a very large area of speculation as to Garrett's role in the continuation of the story, and the manipulations needed to maintain that delicate balance.

CoolUruguayGirl
8th Nov 2004, 21:35
Thanks, I was loosing that (although I thought that possibility)

tealsmith
8th Nov 2004, 22:20
Originally posted by theBlackman
As far as I know, the FINAL GLYPH was a failsafe device to cancel all the magic in the GLYPHs then in use.

It's purpose was to reveal the ONE TRUE KEEPER and prevent the GLYPHS from being used for an evil purpose.

The "coming" of the TRUE KEEPER (Garrett) into the full use of HIS powers made the GLYPHS no longer necessary. The Keepers, need no longer be hidden, as they, as a collective body were no longer necessary to maintain the balance between good and evil.

It appears that Garrett has now inherited that function. Which leads to a very large area of speculation as to Garrett's role in the continuation of the story, and the manipulations needed to maintain that delicate balance.

I don't think the Final Glyph gave Garrett any real powers or abilities... instead I think it merely goes to show that yes, he is the one true keeper. If you look at him througout the Thief series, you can see how this is true:

Whenever a force threatened to 'shift' the Balance in the City (The Trickster, Karras, Gamall) it was Garrett who stopped them and 'kept' the Balance. Although I never realized it until the very end, Garrett's always been more of a 'Keeper' then any one in the actual orginization.

Servo
16th Nov 2004, 19:36
Originally posted by tealsmith
I don't think the Final Glyph gave Garrett any real powers or abilities... instead I think it merely goes to show that yes, he is the one true keeper. If you look at him througout the Thief series, you can see how this is true:

Whenever a force threatened to 'shift' the Balance in the City (The Trickster, Karras, Gamall) it was Garrett who stopped them and 'kept' the Balance. Although I never realized it until the very end, Garrett's always been more of a 'Keeper' then any one in the actual orginization.

Quite possibly the best explanation on this topic I've seen. I couldn't agree with you more.