PDA

View Full Version : gameplay question

JohnJSal
7th Nov 2004, 07:00
I'm just curious, if I go to the meeting with the Keepers in the courtyard (very beginning of the game), will I be unable to do anything else in the town for a while? Or will any jobs I hear about for that specific day be unachievable once I speak to them? Or is it just a quick meeting and then I'm free to continue with the more open-ended stuff?

Thanks.

theBlackman
7th Nov 2004, 07:06
All the "side" missions are doable up until the last few frames. If you live long enough that is.

You get "Ported" to various places in some of your encounters, but you can still go the side quest after you finish a specific mission that you get "ported" into.

JohnJSal
7th Nov 2004, 07:08
Originally posted by theBlackman
All the "side" missions are doable up until the last few frames. If you live long enough that is.

You get "Ported" to various places in some of your encounters, but you can still go the side quest after you finish a specific mission that you get "ported" into.

One reason I ask is because I notice right now it says "Day One" on my subscreen, and there is at least one job I've heard of that takes place "tonight," so I don't want to do anything to prevent me from doing it, such as moving on to the next day. Will I know when I'm moving to another day, and can I choose to wait? Or is it possible to do any side mission at any time, despite what it might say?

theBlackman
7th Nov 2004, 07:14
I have stacked up side missions, and not noticed that I missed doing one.

There is Get the dagger. Dispose of the body. Clean out Ironwood. Get rid of the thug. Find the jewels that the jeweler hid. Get the sapling and burn it or plant it.

To name a few and I have done them in different orders, and at different times.

If it worries you do a ESC CREATE NEW SAVE. Write down the time it tags the save with. Play on, and when you are done, if you can't do the mission.

Find the save you made and replay the section and do the side quest.

JohnJSal
7th Nov 2004, 07:16
Ok, thanks for the responses!