PDA

View Full Version : New Tomb Raider Movie?

Black Hat
6th Nov 2004, 00:43
I heard a rumor on a couple of sites a couple of weeks ago that a new Tomb Raider movie is underway. Can anyone put this rumor to rest? Is it true, false? :cool:

Lara Croft Online
6th Nov 2004, 04:27
http://www.tombraidermovie.com/

Well the site has been removed that might be a clue.

Trinity34
7th Nov 2004, 16:41
One never knows about these things. I think if the fans scream loud enough there might be another movie. :)

dhama
7th Nov 2004, 22:14
If it's CGI I will.... :D

Trinity34
9th Nov 2004, 01:42
Originally posted by dhama
If it's CGI I will.... :D

Go and make your voice heard, dhama...

TheNext
9th Nov 2004, 14:46
whats this world coming to when cgi is preferred over real flesh?

Solange
9th Nov 2004, 15:04
Originally posted by TheNext
whats this world coming to when cgi is preferred over real flesh?

It would just hurt to do the stuff Lara does, and you wouldn't live to see your twilight years. That is why we have a computer game, so that we can do things we can't do in real life! ;)

And the reason why a cgi movie and not AJ or someone else... Because we want Lara Croft, not an actor playing her! :)

thanhkim
9th Nov 2004, 15:54
Originally posted by Solange
It would just hurt to do the stuff Lara does, and you wouldn't live to see your twilight years. That is why we have a computer game, so that we can do things we can't do in real life! ;)

And the reason why a cgi movie and not AJ or someone else... Because we want Lara Croft, not an actor playing her! :) Nicely said I want real lara not some dude being lara. I WANT REAL LARA CROFT PLEASE CGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TombRaiderChik
9th Nov 2004, 22:50
the dude did a nice job playing a chick :p plus that couldnt be helped, angelina couldnt do that insane flip on the jet ski.

id like to see another movie, if angelina was in it. itd just be weird if it was some other actress. but id give cgi a chance, you never know what itd be like until you see it.

but i think these are just rumors. i honestly dont think there will be another whether its in cgi or with another actress.

D3v1L80Y
11th Nov 2004, 17:35
Personally, I think that the movies should have been CGI from the start. I for one would have enjoyed them much more and the movies may have been a bit more successful if they had been done that way. The movies are based on a video game after all.

TombRaiderChik
11th Nov 2004, 19:11
youre right, but look at all those other movies based on comic book characters and games. there were all actors playing the characters. well there was cgi involved, like spiderman, but the whole thing wasnt completely done in cgi. i dont think people really thought about it. plus it was cool to see a fake, not real character become alive through an actor, whether they did a good job acting or not. its still neat to see it come alive.

andjelko
18th Nov 2004, 23:04
Personally, i don't like movies based on comics or games.
In TR everyone of us are Lara Croft, not only AJ (respect). So i'm against the new TR movie (like i was against the first 2 parts) no mater if it's CGI or not

Leisa406
21st Nov 2004, 02:19
I saw the same thing about a new movie right here at Eidos. Check here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46593