PDA

View Full Version : Starting a brand new game?

JohnJSal
5th Nov 2004, 21:44
When I started a new game, I noticed that I still had the loot and items from my other game listed. Why is this? How can I start a completely new game? I don't have to delete my other saved games, do I?

theBlackman
5th Nov 2004, 21:52
On the title menu you should be able to Hit NEW GAME, and it should clear everything and start over.

If you hit RESTART on the menu, (ESC) you just restart the mission you were on and you have all your equipment and loot.

Are you sure you are hitting NEW GAME on the TITLE MENU?

You don't, or rather should not have to clear all your SAVES. But be aware that ALL THE SAVES YOU EVER MADE WILL STILL BE THERE (on PC's anyway).

JohnJSal
5th Nov 2004, 22:56
I'm pressing ESC to go to the pause menu, then I go back to the Title Menu and press "New Game." It starts at the training mission, but when I go to Gear, it shows the Guilded Helm and a purse of coins, along with a velvet bag and three keys under Items (which are things I got in my other game).

theBlackman
6th Nov 2004, 00:20
Finish the training mission. Everything starts here. If I start NEW GAME from the Title menu, and ABORT the intro and check GEAR I have nada.

JohnJSal
6th Nov 2004, 00:39
Originally posted by theBlackman
Finish the training mission. Everything starts here. If I start NEW GAME from the Title menu, and ABORT the intro and check GEAR I have nada.

I don't know what you're talking about. I remember the first time I started the game, and there was nothing listed under items or loot, so this isn't normal.

theBlackman
6th Nov 2004, 00:45
Start a new game. Don't bother with the GEAR etc. Let the intro by GARRETT play through. Start the mission.

Just play through and see what you have when you come out the other side to start the Bloodline mission.

If it is still fouled up then worry about it.

JohnJSal
6th Nov 2004, 00:54
Originally posted by theBlackman
Start a new game. Don't bother with the GEAR etc. Let the intro by GARRETT play through. Start the mission.

Just play through and see what you have when you come out the other side to start the Bloodline mission.

If it is still fouled up then worry about it.

I guess I'll try it, but this still seems like a problem now. Those things shouldn't be listed. All I can think of is it might have had something to do with the patch update, but I don't see why.