PDA

View Full Version : Distance

Kai-Arne
5th Nov 2004, 15:10
I think it's clear that a volley causes more casualties if it's shot from 100 m, as if it's shot from 300 m distance! But does anybody know if Pyro will take that into consideration as well? I hope (and believe) so! ;)

Lonewulf44
5th Nov 2004, 17:42
Not sure either, but I would think they would have that come into play. Distance would have and should have a great impact on the killing power of your volley's. I'm really wanting to get my hands on the game, so I can see how realistic and balanced bayonet charges are in the game...

Long Live Prussia!

haradrim
5th Nov 2004, 23:40
i hope you can order your soldiers to shoot even if well out of range, unlike in most games where you cant shoot if out of range. theres always that chance that your 300 musketeers can take out some of the enemy at 1000 meters(though pretty slim)
this would also be a good way to show experience in soldiers, if faced with a charge on horseback the more experienced soldier will hold his fire longer because he knows when it is best to release it, but a raw recruit may panic and fire way too early for his shot to be effective.

The_Russian_Rocket
6th Nov 2004, 21:43
I'm sure pyro will put in some sort of accuracy penalty for long range shots. I like the idea of shooting whenever you want. If not smart in judging how far your enemy is away from you might be rushed with cavalry charging on you units who are now reloading.