PDA

View Full Version : TRLR Laser sight?

skidmark
5th Nov 2004, 00:12
How do you get this thing to work? I have pistols,shotgun, Uzi's, grenade launcher and bow. I'm presently in the Catacombs area. Also having some trouble using manual targeting - I mapped a different function to the INSERT key but changed it back and manual targeting worked one time,now it's causing a LOOK function. TR doesn't tell you what ALL the key assignments are :rolleyes:

CyCro
5th Nov 2004, 01:07
You have to combine the laser sight with the crossbow in the inventory, then equip it and press the look button... and why not use the automatic targeting? :)

Lia67
5th Nov 2004, 18:18
Hi Skidmark :)

When using the laser sight and the look button, getting the dot on the target can be difficult to line up the shot, especially when the down arrow is up and the up arrow is down.

Tapping the keys lightly can help, but it takes patience and time so you have to hit the target from a safe distance. I found that targeting machine guns on tripods, for example somewhat tricky till I got the hang of it. You have to hit the red square on the side of the machine gun.

There is no automatic targeting with laser sight unfortunately.

Dino
5th Nov 2004, 19:59
With the laser sight you have a zoom function. With the look button operated displaying the red dot, Period (.) zooms in and Slash (/) zooms out.

skidmark
6th Nov 2004, 00:13
Thanks, Everyone for your help!:) I'll give theses suggestions a try real soon!
CyCro: I needed manual targeting in the Coastaal Ruins shooting gallery! Luckily, it worked just at that time but now it does LOOK instead of TARGET. I'll try re-setting, I noticed the set-up file does NOT save changes, and something similar may be going on with key assignments.

Dino
6th Nov 2004, 01:24
In the Coastal Ruins shooting gallery you just need the crossbow and one explosive arrow.