PDA

View Full Version : Eidos Announces Hitman: Blood Money

Jumpin_Jebus
4th Nov 2004, 17:35
EIDOS ANNOUNCES HITMAN: BLOOD MONEY

Spring 2005 release for the latest instalment in the multi-million selling Hitman series

San Francisco, CA (November 4, 2004) -- Eidos® plc, one of the world’s leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, announces the return of the world’s deadliest assassin in Hitman: Blood Money™. Developed by Io Interactive, Hitman Blood Money will be released worldwide in Spring 2005 on PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® video game system from Microsoft and PC.

When assassins from Agent 47’s contract agency, The ICA, are systematically eliminated in a series of hits, it seems a larger, more powerful agency has entered the fray. For Agent 47 it’s business as usual, until suddenly he loses contact with The ICA. Sensing that he may be the next target, he travels to America, where he prepares to make a killing.

Agent 47 is back and this time he’s paid in cold, hard cash. How the money is spent will affect his passage through the game and the weapons at his disposal, resulting in a unique gameplay experience for each player. Powered by a new version of Io’s stunning Glacier engine, Hitman: Blood Money will deliver the most brutal and realistic simulation of life as the world’s deadliest assassin.

Mike McGarvey, ceo of Eidos says:

“The Hitman series is one of Eidos’ biggest franchises and goes from strength to strength with every new instalment. Io-Interactive is one of the world’s most accomplished developers, and yet again has raised the stakes in terms of graphics and gameplay with Hitman: Blood Money.”

Janos Flösser, managing director of Io-Interactive says:

“Considerable time and effort has been spent developing a new version of the Glacier engine that enables us to implement many new and exciting features. The quality of the graphics and A.I. surpasses even our own expectations and this combined with a gripping narrative and the introduction of some really inventive characters makes us confident that Blood Money will be the greatest Hitman title to date.”

Yes....oh yes....the Hitman cometh.... :D

Deathroll
29th Nov 2004, 01:36
DO YOU THINK THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE A MULTIPLY IN THIS ONE?

Deathroll
29th Nov 2004, 01:38
Originally posted by Deathroll
DO YOU THINK THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE A MULTIPLY IN THIS ONE?
sorry about the caps but im excited about the new Hitman ALOT

Jumpin_Jebus
29th Nov 2004, 18:24
Multiplayer would be sweet, but honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath. IO Interactive is very good creating a deep and intoxicatingly rich single player story. IMHO, it would be very difficult to create a worthy multiplayer mode for Hitman.

Deathroll
29th Nov 2004, 23:05
Originally posted by Jumpin_Jebus
Multiplayer would be sweet, but honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath. IO Interactive is very good creating a deep and intoxicatingly rich single player story. IMHO, it would be very difficult to create a worthy multiplayer mode for Hitman.
that disappoints me i was thinking like a Co-op split screen. Like you can both be there and one of you can do something and the other can do another thing. You know that would really be great. :( I don't like that they probably won't have that. Do you think that there will be another one that i can suggest they put that on? And do you know the expected realese date?

Deathroll
29th Nov 2004, 23:10
Originally posted by Jumpin_Jebus
Multiplayer would be sweet, but honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath. IO Interactive is very good creating a deep and intoxicatingly rich single player story. IMHO, it would be very difficult to create a worthy multiplayer mode for Hitman. I also completely agree with your story but i was also thinking if it wasn't to much work that they could have a COMPLETELY different story for the co-op. I would also like to be a tester do you know how old or where you have to go to be a tester. Wow I'm asking alot of questions, I'm just a BIG fan:D of the Hitman seires and hearing that another one is coming, boy I can't even talk about the excitment.

Rabies_69
29th Nov 2004, 23:16
I agree (but not a big surprise, since we're friends) that online will be awesome. It doesnt even have to be a main feature, just think of it, sniping people out, and stealing their clothes and everything. AND, if its good enough, they can make a split screen and possibly co-op. but i'm probably just dreaming.

Clumsyorchid
29th Nov 2004, 23:23
Where do you live Deathroll? Testing positions are available at most Developers and Publishers. As for Eidos US, you need to live in or around San Francisco, California. I imagine the age requirements are 18+. Eidos has a jobs page as well, search under "Quality Assurance" for more information.

Job Page (http://www.recruitforce.com/NA4/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=vam&cws=1)

Jumpin_Jebus
29th Nov 2004, 23:50
Well, I think Clumsy and myself need to get Hitman's producer a choke hold and force him to present the idea to IO Interactive...you know who I'm talkin' about Clumsy ;). What do you think Clumsy? :D

Clumsyorchid
29th Nov 2004, 23:52
Ah yes, I know ;). He's got soft kidneys, he'll listen to our demands haha.

Jumpin_Jebus
29th Nov 2004, 23:53
We can use my tech support hammer of pain on him! :eek: muahahahahahaha

Clumsyorchid
29th Nov 2004, 23:59
The QA spear of vengence hasn't been used in a while either...

Deathroll
30th Nov 2004, 20:08
Originally posted by Clumsyorchid
Where do you live Deathroll? Testing positions are available at most Developers and Publishers. As for Eidos US, you need to live in or around San Francisco, California. I imagine the age requirements are 18+. Eidos has a jobs page as well, search under "Quality Assurance" for more information.

Job Page (http://www.recruitforce.com/NA4/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=vam&cws=1)
well i live in Mass. I can't do it if the job is for 18+:mad:

Mike_B
30th Nov 2004, 20:54
Hey atleast you might have the change to do it when you are 18. I'm old enough but when there are no developers/publishers in your country (ok one small developer, but it doesn't really mean a lot) you don't have any change at testing at all..

Clumsyorchid
30th Nov 2004, 21:18
Well, the 18+ situation is that most publisher/developers require over 40 hours of work per week. If you aren't 18, you are most likely in High School and cannot commit to that time requirement. Some devs/pubs have temp contracts that run in the summer time. When I worked at SEGA, there were a few people enrolled in school on vacation that worked short contracts, but not too many. Other Pubs/Devs require a High School diploma (such as Eidos). Still, it would be something to look into if there are pub/devs in your area.

Deathroll
30th Nov 2004, 23:18
Originally posted by Clumsyorchid
Well, the 18+ situation is that most publisher/developers require over 40 hours of work per week. If you aren't 18, you are most likely in High School and cannot commit to that time requirement. Some devs/pubs have temp contracts that run in the summer time. When I worked at SEGA, there were a few people enrolled in school on vacation that worked short contracts, but not too many. Other Pubs/Devs require a High School diploma (such as Eidos). Still, it would be something to look into if there are pub/devs in your area.
okay thats not going to happen for me:( but i can still count down the days*counts down* wow long time it seems. Lets go play more Hitman Rabies. (oh yea sorry about the role playing i'm a gaming geek and well yea......):o