PDA

View Full Version : Graphical problems in Thief 3 Deadly Shadows

campisia
27th Oct 2004, 00:41
Is it me or does anybody else notice characters in the game have hair that disappears and then reappears during certain lighting sequences. What BS, since my system consists of an AMD 64FX 53 cpu, an ASUS A8V motherboard, 2Gig of memory, BFG Geforce 6800Ultra with 66.81 drivers and Direct X 9.0c. I'm really disappointed that I purchase a game and I have ATI like glitches while playing. If anybody else has this problem please tell me about it, and any possible fixes, thanks.

Clumsyorchid
27th Oct 2004, 00:46
Haven't heard of this, does it occur on the 61.77 drivers? I know the 66.81's aren't fully compatible with all games, I've had some wierd issues with CS:Source (which prompted me to revert back to the older drivers).

campisia
27th Oct 2004, 00:49
Ok, thanks for the response. I need to know acouple of things.
First, Do you play thief 3 Deadly Shadows
Second, what system do you have, cpu, motherboard, memory, directx version, video card and drivers
Third, DO you have the same problem I do
If you can answer these three questions, you may be able to help me out!!!

Clumsyorchid
27th Oct 2004, 00:51
I'm just offering a solution, you can try it or not. I fail to see why you wouldn't.

I'll elaborate, the issue describe sounds like a graphics card issue. Since you are using Beta drivers, I thought using the 61.77s would be a good idea to troubleshoot if it is in fact an issue with drivers. That's my line of thinking.

theBlackman
27th Oct 2004, 01:09
Originally posted by campisia
Ok, thanks for the response. I need to know acouple of things.
First, Do you play thief 3 Deadly Shadows
Second, what system do you have, cpu, motherboard, memory, directx version, video card and drivers
Third, DO you have the same problem I do
If you can answer these three questions, you may be able to help me out!!!

First, nearly everyone who will try to help you played, or in some cases, beta tested, or were otherwise involved in T DS.

Try changing the drivers are you using. Have you read the tech thread, have you looked at the BUGS and fixes thread? Have you tried a search for "Video problems" etc.

Third, the problems you have may be specific to your exact setup.

So give us the info and we maybe able to help you.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/software.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77

Good place to start. I presume you have already but here they are anyway.

campisia
27th Oct 2004, 02:01
Very strange how nobody answers my question. I already explained the system settings to everyone. Drivers 61.77 were tested as well as others. I WANT TO KNOW IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM! :mad:
Let me know your system settings and maybe that will help out.

Clumsyorchid
27th Oct 2004, 02:41
Originally posted by campisia
Very strange how nobody answers my question. I already explained the system settings to everyone. Drivers 61.77 were tested as well as others. I WANT TO KNOW IF ANYBODY ELSE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM! :mad:
Let me know your system settings and maybe that will help out.

We are trying to help you, there is no reason to get upset. In the process of doing so, we may offer ideas as to why the problem exists, and then perhaps possible solutions will arise. Based on your initial post, I was unaware that you tried any troubleshooting, such as, say, reverting to old drivers. If you choose to take a defensive and/or aggressive tone, people will likely not choose to help you. That's all I have left to say on that issue.

For my specs:

AMD 64 3000+
GF 6800
1 gig 3200
ASUS K8V
Audigy

I don't have any of the issues that you have posted about. If that makes my ideas on how to help you irrelavent, then so be it, I'm just trying to troubleshoot your problem.

campisia
27th Oct 2004, 03:09
Sorry if I was getting upset, I didn't know how serious people were taking my request.
You did mention your system specs, but not the driver. Please list the driver you are using with your geforce 6800. Let me know, thanks.

Clumsyorchid
27th Oct 2004, 03:10

Vanguard
27th Oct 2004, 13:33
Is the problem that the hair actually disappears, or is the problem that the hair changes from normal color to a neon bright appearance? Others have noted (in other threads) that the AI's hair will sometimes get very bright and turn some weird color, like orange. That's a lighting problem with the hair object on AIs and bug in the game.

campisia
28th Oct 2004, 00:14
The AI characters have hair that sometimes desolves or simply disappears in certain parts making them look bald, but it reappears. Almost like flickering, one split second you see a bald spot and then the hair reappears. What do you think. Thanks for the reply.