PDA

View Full Version : The Docks

dianek
26th Oct 2004, 11:06
Hi All

Has anyone else had the same problem as me? Each time I enter the docks area and start to move, the game closes saying it has encountered a problem! Any suggestions - getting fed up now!

Many thanks
dianek

theBlackman
27th Oct 2004, 16:49
Seems to be a occasional bug. Try a Save from earlier and replay.

Here is a handful to chose from: http://www.somewhattwisted.com/thief-3-savegames.htm

dianek
27th Oct 2004, 23:24
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I eventually managed to move - providing I didn't try to hit anyone. The problem I have now occurs each time I need to use a weapon! I will see how I get on and if necessary will look at the save games.

Many thanks

Di

PS How do you get the boat to move?????????

dianek
27th Oct 2004, 23:33
Hi

Forget the question about the boat!

I always forget to look at the buttons on the right to START the mission!!!

Sorry

Di

theBlackman
28th Oct 2004, 01:32
Originally posted by dianek
PS How do you get the boat to move?????????

YOU DON'T.

The boat and what it involves occur only at a specific time in the game.

That, you will find, is the situation with a number of things in the game.

You will need to have certain objectives, or to have completed certain actions (not always spelled out for you) for some sequences of the game play to be available to you.

Your added note was too late! :D :p

Rommel_1891
28th Oct 2004, 05:23
I get random crashes too where Windows pretends there is an error. :p

As tBm said, just gotta keep reloading until it stops. Are you getting an error report, or is it just crashing straight to the desktop? I got some Omega (http://www.omegadrivers.net/) drivers for my video that fixed the 'crash every 5 seconds problem', and now it seems to be fine 90% of the time. When it does crash now, I atleast get an error reporting window.

dianek
28th Oct 2004, 11:25
Hi

I always get an 'error report' message but it is a pain to have to keep loading every few seconds, will see how I get on.

Thanks

Di

Rommel_1891
28th Oct 2004, 13:45
One more thing I forgot to type up... I find that closing all unnecessary programs helps. Messenger, Anti-Virus, hardware monitors, and other background programs. When you shut down AV's though, make sure you also kill your internet connection. ;)

Defragging regularly and keeping temp folders clear also seems to help a little.

dianek
28th Oct 2004, 16:09
Ok thanks for the info - sorry can't help with the pick!

Di