PDA

View Full Version : Q: Installation Error with CD2

akamaru_kun
22nd Oct 2004, 02:07
Hello, I have a problem when I install TDS. It get an error while I 'm installing the game with CD2.

Title : "Feature transfer error"

Feature: Thief - Deadly Shadows Games Files
Component: GameFiles_US
File: G:\data3.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

I never been able to install the game so far I would like to know if there is a way to fix this.

----------
Computer specs:

ABIT IS7 Series Motherboard (Sound and Network Adapters Integrated)
Intel P4 HT 2,8 Ghz CPU
2x 512 DC DDR 400mhz
2x SATA 80Gb Maxtor 6L080L4 HDDs
Nvidia GeForce FX 6800 GT (256Mb) Video card
LG DVD Burner

Thanks for replying

tealsmith
22nd Oct 2004, 04:06
Return your copy and get a new one. Same thing happened to a lot of people when the game was first released, myself included. All I did was exchange my copy for another one and it worked just fine.

theBlackman
22nd Oct 2004, 06:51
If you can go to the dealer you purchased it from, then exchange it.

If not EMAIL EIDOS support and request a RMA. When you get it do follow the instructions, and be patient.

I also had the problem, and with the first come first serve, as it should be, got mine in about 6 weeks.

Now that they are up to speed, it may be less time.

Don't just send it back with a note. GET A RMA> IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO.

akamaru_kun
22nd Oct 2004, 14:14
What's a RMA?

Thanks for replying so fast btw.

MisterT
22nd Oct 2004, 15:07
Return Merchandise Authorization

This link should help

http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/SupportLink.jsp?page=worldmap.htm

After choosing your location you can follow the Defective/Damaged Disk link and read how to procede. But if you can exchange the copy at the store you bought it, I believe it would be fastest.

Catman
22nd Oct 2004, 16:26
This information might also be apropos:

While trying to install Thief: Deadly Shadows, the installer either freezes or brings up a "Wrong Volume" error.

First open My Computer> C:> Program Files> and delete the Thief: Deadly Shadows folder. Then you need to set your computer to allow you to view Hidden files and folders. Click on Tools near the top of the window, and click on Folder Options. Click on the View tab, and look for the "Hidden Files and Folders" and set it to "Show Hidden Files and Folders". Then click on apply and OK. Look through the Program Files folder for a hidden (transparent) folder called "Installshield Installation Information". Open it, and find the folder called {FC123EEA-330A-4685-911C-95B8F5E9DE68}. Delete this folder once you locate it. Then empty your Windows recycle bin, and restart your computer.

Once Windows is back up and running, go to your Windows desktop and create 2 new folders named "Thief Disk 2" and "Thief Disk 3". Then place Thief: Deadly Shadows disk 2 in your cd-rom drive. Open My Computer, and right-click your cd-rom drive, left-click OPEN. Right-click on the DATA3.cab file and left-click copy. Then right-click on the "Thief disk 2" folder you created, and left-click PASTE. This will copy disk 2 to that folder. Then repeat this process with disk 3. Make sure you copy the contents of disk 3 (data4.cab) to the "Thief disk 3" folder.

Once all files have been copied successfully, place Thief: DS disk 1 into your cd-rom drive. Start the installation as you normally would, and let it install disk 1. When it brings up the Window asking for disk 2, click on "Browse" and point the installer to the "Thief disk 2" folder. The installer should then continue on through to the end. It may or may not ask you to insert disk 3. If it does, simply point the installer to the "Thief disk 3" folder. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer, and try the game again.

akamaru_kun
22nd Oct 2004, 16:48
Thanks for trying to help catman but I tried this. It's not possible to copie the .cab file from the 2nd TDS CD because it gives an error during the transfer (Data error (cyclic redundancy check) ).

Thanks anyway for all the help you provided guys.