PDA

View Full Version : Music and sound of Thief 3, can I extract?

WinterJedi
21st Oct 2004, 19:58
Hello everyone!

I just finished the game, good one, two thumbs up! I especially liked the music and ambience in the game. So, is there a way to extract those music and sound effects so one can listen to them out of the game? Or is it illegal? Just wondered, since I -really- want to listen to them. Just love them! :)

Thanks in advance!

Quillan
22nd Oct 2004, 13:58
As far as know, it's perfectly legal to extract them, providing you don't distribute them. You've paid for the product, if you just want to listen to the music, you should be able to. You will need a special software application to do so. Someone did one called the DXIW Sound Drone to extract the sound files from Deus Ex Invisible War, and the engine is the same for T3, so it will work. I will warn you though, there are a LOT of files you'll have to work through to find what you want. I mean thousands of files.

The_Insane
22nd Oct 2004, 18:18
30082 files...:eek:

WinterJedi
22nd Oct 2004, 20:26
Thanks! I downloaded the program and got some sounds extracted- I couldn't find any music though, only ambient sounds. Anyone know what the music files are called or where I can find them? :) Thanks!

Speesh
23rd Oct 2004, 19:51
If you sort them by filename, all of them that start with amb_ would be the music files.