PDA

View Full Version : TDS with no MOD support.

Roachkill
20th Oct 2004, 19:30
Whats up with Thief 3 and no MODS to download, When I played Thief 1&2 I could continue the games with all the player made mods and maps I could download and keep me busy for life. But in TDS there are none to be found. whats up with that?

Guineapiggy
20th Oct 2004, 19:37
Ahem. I assume you've been browsing these forums? Either way you've seen the page for the TDS section. Your answer is one of the stickied posts! I know some people have an aversion to reading but you don't even have to open the post to see the reason.

Roachkill
20th Oct 2004, 20:20
Ok my bad let me rephrase the question. First off excuse my bad grammar for I have for I was born with a learning disability and was illiterate for the first 12 years of my life. Now on to my question, my question was not meant to ask where mods or levels where to be downloaded. I already know where to download such maps and mods, But when Thief 1&2 came out it was mere weeks when I could find some kind of user made map. Now Edios is fighting rather hard not to put one out, or maybe they just don’t have one ready or not. Im rather new to posting to forums do to reasons I explained above but the more I try the better I get. One of the reasons I don’t is because of things like this (I know some people have an aversion to reading but you don't even have to open the post to see the reason). So if I made a Forum mistake Im sorry but there is no reasen to put me down.

theBlackman
20th Oct 2004, 22:45
First question: The editor (poor as it was) was included in the TDP and TMA discs. Some people who had done mods for other games began to try to make maps for THIEF.

Second question: No Editor is currently available. Ergo. No missions.

Regarding retort: At the top of every forum you might visit is a series of thread called IMPORTANT. STICKY. ATTENTION etc.

These SHOULD BE READ BY ANYONE VISITING SAID FORUM FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Other than that, the comment about the STICKY threads was simply that. Welcome to the forum and don't be too upset about a snappy answer to a question that is appearing for the fourteen thousandth time. :D

Roachkill
21st Oct 2004, 17:14
Ok guys I was hoping not to do this but here goes. For most people reading is easy, for me and others like me its not. What takes most people seconds to read a sentence, takes me minutes. What takes most people minutes to read everything in a forum thread can take me hours. Words look like this to me (i.e. men ---> h-e-n). (i.e. yacht ---> yatchet). All I wanted was to ask a direct question and for once get a direct answer. I didn’t want to have to put a sign up saying (Dyseidetic Dyslexic please help me) which is what I am doing now. I bought the game, I didn’t copy or download it and this is a Eidos forum is it not. So if I cant get my answers here Where can I get them? And Regarding what theBlackman said above (IMPORTANT. STICKY. ATTENTION etc) I Didn’t know what that meant. Until you posted it, thank you for that by the way. Unless the words Mod or Maps are in the heading I don’t know to look for it.
I know people ask questions over and over, but some of us ask cuz there is nothing else we can do. So if I seemed angry in any way, I suppose I was a bit disappointed and frustrated. When I had seen that someone posted I was all smiles until I read it. I posted on one other forum here Thief 4 Plot Suggestions!!! And after an hour and a half I finished signed up and posted my own question. So again I’m sorry if I came off angry. If my being here is a problem for anyone let me know and ill just leave. But
I love games to just like the rest of you.

Clumsyorchid
21st Oct 2004, 17:26
Please stay, everyone is welcome at the forum. It is common to get a lot of questions that have not been researched in the forums fully. And most people who frequent forums (not eidos specific forums, but all forums) answer the same questions over and over. This I think is our duty as forum users and think most are happy to help someone out. Anyway, contine to post and frequent the forum :).

theBlackman
21st Oct 2004, 17:58
Roachkill

Do stick around. we do our best to help with any questions and, bearing in mind that our members represent nearly every country, and many do not speak English well, try to answer most questions in simple speech.

Dyslexia is not uncommon, nor shameful. I have a family member with the same disability.

You will get answered. Some will be tongue in cheek, some will be hints (game play and solutions) some will be sarcastic and laced with ironic humour.

Don't take these as offensive flame attacks. Our members come in all shapes, sizes, ages, and levels of education, and with that wildly differing ideas of humour.

Welcome again, and because we are "human" expect human error, wry humour, and the occasional "HUH?"

Clumsyorchid
21st Oct 2004, 18:06
Well said :)

Roachkill
21st Oct 2004, 18:27
LOL thanks.

Roachkill
21st Oct 2004, 18:32
Is this where I find out the asnwer to my question?
Campaign for a T: DS Editor - *Letters on 6th Sept* or is it someplace else?