PDA

View Full Version : Thief for Xbox, AI bug

Mammuthus
20th Oct 2004, 11:56
It seems that a fix for the AI bug for the Xbox version of Thief is in limbo. I was wondering, having not played it, how big a difference does the AI bug make? Is the game totally broken i.e. way too easy when it reverts to normal mode? Is it still a challenge if you have played other Thief games on higher difficulty? Is it worth the purchase to play it on the Normal difficulty setting?

sesobebo
20th Oct 2004, 12:27
This bug only makes the people react to You as if You would have played on normal difficulty. The chalange of finding 100% loot and 3 special items on expert is still there, the great story (although with some minor weak spots) is still there, always-present intense atmosphere is still there, exploring the City and it's secrets is still there... . Playing it on normal difficulty is not exactly hard (some spots and final missions are never the less quite challenging), but I had a great fun playing the game - and it took me well over 20 hours to complete it.
But it's up to You either to purchase it or not...

Mammuthus
20th Oct 2004, 12:56
Thanks for the info. I was mostly concerned that it will be way to easy i.e. never die or have to restart.

Ferrett
20th Oct 2004, 13:13
Also, the AI difficulty bug only applies to "mission areas" where you have the loot requirements, as stated by sesobebo. I'm fairly certain it doesn't apply to the "City" areas where you have no loot requirements. So you're only missing out on the hightened damage resistance and the hightened awareness for the AI's in the non-city areas.

Mammuthus
20th Oct 2004, 14:06
So if I start a mission at the highest difficulty, save it and come back later, it will be Normal difficulty with no way to change back to the higher difficulty? And if I am in a non-mission area at high difficulty, then go to a mission area, does it then go to normal? for those who played it, do you even notice the difference when it shifts down from higher to normal?

sesobebo
20th Oct 2004, 17:28
emm... If You are in the CIty (non-mission area) the difficulty is 'locked' at normal (You don't have an option to set it). This would be so, even if there was no bug.

Mammuthus
21st Oct 2004, 07:59
But do you notice the difference when it changes difficulty?

Mammuthus
22nd Oct 2004, 11:37
I thought I would try again. For anyone playing the Xbox version, do you really notice when the AI switches from hard to normal?