PDA

View Full Version : Garrett's conversation

YohnY
19th Oct 2004, 10:19
Hello everybody, for the first I want to say thaks to everybody, who helped me earlier. And for first I want to ask for another question.
So, I want to make a little mission (like a briefing mission) and there I want to make a little conversation, which will start, when Garrett enter a room with a man, with who this converation have to be.
Know anybody some good tutorial about this. I found at dromed central only conversation between AIs. Thanks again.

R_Soul
19th Oct 2004, 10:57
At Dromed Central, go to Sound, then Conversations, then go down to section III.

The sounds mentioned are for Thief 1, but apart from that the methods are the same for both games.
(And you should give the button a name because the number may not stay the same)

YohnY
19th Oct 2004, 20:54
Do you know something easilier? I thing, that this will be more complicated.

R_Soul
19th Oct 2004, 23:08
I don't think there's any easier way to do it.

Using buttons (to control VOTraps) isn't difficult once you've successfully got the AI to frob them.

Just tell the AI (ActorOne) to 'Frob Object' and put the name for the button in Argument 1.
You'll also need to tell the AI to Wait for a few thousand milliseconds so it's next line won't start before Garrett finishes.