PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm... having trouble ghosting Seaside Mansion mission

WNxScythe
15th Oct 2004, 23:40
I cant seem to get into the moira's mansion without getting spotted... I'm playing 4.000 ai across the board with thief bot, and I've removed lockpicking windows (wich does make lockpicking significantly harder)... anyways I tried climbing up to the tower thingie and sneaking past the guy up there but he ALWAYS sees me... so I tried timing the guards perfect to get thru the front door... but it's a 5 ring lock and I usually only have time to get 3 done (on the 4th I get seen), not to mention opening the door and getting in... any advice? I really dont wanna have to break out of my ghost so advice would be appreciated

theBlackman
15th Oct 2004, 23:56
Try picking one or two tumblers at a time then ducking back in the shadows. Or you can take the alternate route. :D

Sneak behind the guard at the front portico. Climb the wall right behind him just left of the roof line.

Once on the roof open the steel panel in the house wall and go into the storeroom.

WNxScythe
16th Oct 2004, 00:04
Originally posted by theBlackman
Try picking one or two tumblers at a time then ducking back in the shadows. Or you can take the alternate route. :D

Sneak behind the guard at the front portico. Climb the wall right behind him just left of the roof line.

Once on the roof open the steel panel in the house wall and go into the storeroom.

I tried picking one or two at at a time but the problem is I can never know which way the guard near the main doors is facing = getting caught.

Thanks for that alternate route info tho... weird I looked all over for one but just couldn't find it... oh well thx :)

theBlackman
16th Oct 2004, 00:18
I know ghosting forces you to be aware and sneaky, but slow down a little.

Your comment about the door guard is an example. If you sit on your hands in the shadow under the tree, you will see him go through a routine. Sneeze, stretch, look right, look left, wander around etc.

Wait and watch until you have seen the secquence repeat at least once. Then you can pick your moments to duck in and out because you have the timing of the routine.

So watch for a while before you dive in.