PDA

View Full Version : Cradle

uber
14th Oct 2004, 02:50
I'm about to play the cradle mission. I have read a bit about it and I wonder what is a sure way to kill those patients. I have read 2 flash bombs will do it.

I'll be playing on normal difficulty. I don't like the idea of killing something only to have it come back again, so is there a sure way to kill them?

theBlackman
14th Oct 2004, 03:36
The Zombies and Haunts do not respawn in a mission. So dead is dead. Just like the Abysmal Gale.

kribb
14th Oct 2004, 10:26
you dont have to kill them, its much more fun and exciting to just sneak past them :)

uber
14th Oct 2004, 17:29
I've just entered the inner cradle. Havn't seen any monsters yet, already scared out my wits though.

theBlackman
14th Oct 2004, 17:32
Be patient, THEY SHALL RETURN. (insert ghoulish laughter here: )

Underhill
14th Oct 2004, 17:46
Well it gets worse...;) I suggest you keep flashbombs and holy water ready, firearrows works too only then they start running right at you so you better be quick about it.

Can't believe this game is from 12 years and up, I'd like to see a 12 year old play through that mission. At least it's a very interesting story.

uber
14th Oct 2004, 18:15
Lights are flickering all over, but I can't see them. Maybe because I'm too scared to leave this dark corner.

theBlackman
14th Oct 2004, 18:28
If you have just started, and are still in the present,you won't, but things will get more interesting as you go along. :p

uber
14th Oct 2004, 18:43
I have killed 2 of them with flash bombs, I hope your right about them staying down. I think there is one of them in a cell though, don't know what I'm going to do about it.

There is a program on TV with spooky music as well, it's freaking me out.

uber
14th Oct 2004, 18:44
Why don't the bodies disapear?

uber
14th Oct 2004, 19:07
I need a bit of help!

Where do I take the mask that you find on the electric chair so I can enter the past?

theBlackman
14th Oct 2004, 20:25
The "TOYS" are particular to the patient. Read the notes on the patients peculiarities. You can use any of the toys to activate. Figure out what the "HOBBY" was and you put the "toy" in the proper place.

The mask goes on the dummy in the upper level at the East. Take the Elevator.

You need to read all the notes you find. They give you clues to the rest of the puzzle.

If you have not found one with "treatment" decisions. You need to backtrack and look for records left by the doctors and administrators about how the place was run. :D

uber
15th Oct 2004, 00:33
I have completed the cradle, and finished the bit after. My nerves are shredded, and there is not a clean pair of pants left in my house.

theBlackman
15th Oct 2004, 01:00
Quite a rollercoaster ride is it not. :D

WNxScythe
15th Oct 2004, 22:10
What would REALLY be sweet is if every mission was like Cradle :cool: .. I havent gotten to it yet (I'm on the seaside mansion one), but Im definitely getting my friends over the night I get to it.

uber
16th Oct 2004, 04:28
If every mission was like the cradle I wouldn't have the nerve to install the game!

wheresmywallet
16th Oct 2004, 14:23
yes Cradle was the spookiest mission....but wait till you get near the end, nah I wont ruin it for you, but there is one mission that reminds me of the good old previous Thief, then it gets creepy again.