PDA

View Full Version : How to disarm traps!

richg67
12th Oct 2004, 09:19
Here is a trap map.

http://img28.exs.cx/img28/408/trapmap.jpg

Your starting point is the red X and your ending point is the check mark. (X you are here - - - - > Check point).
First of all you are to follow the sequence of arrows from begining to end. The arrows are represented by grey dashes with a red tip. The red tip represents the tip of the arrow and the direction it is pointing.

-Read this next sentance carefully -
The next arrow in the sequence will be found in the direction the same arrow indicates.

This sequence would be:
DOWN DOWN DOWN RIGHT UP RIGHT DOWN RIGHT UP UP LEFT UP RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT DOWN LEFT DOWN.

What I mean is; notice the first arrow is DOWN the next is DOWN and is below the first arrow. Then the third is also DOWN and below that. The forth arrow is a RIGHT arrow and is to the right of the previous arrow. The next is UP and is above the RIGHT arrow which preceeded it - following me? The next in the sequence is RIGHT again and is to the right of the UP arrow you just pressed, etc, etc,...

Now... you can actually practice HERE in the forum. Simply look at the trap map picture and call out loud the sequence as you see it.

If you make a mistake in game the screen will flash and you will have to start from the begining while time continues to run out.

I have managed to finish after a mistake but only because the mistake was early. If you make a mistake late in the timed sequence it would behoove you to call 'FIRE IN THE HOLE!' and hit the deck! The speed rhythm that this needs to be done is similar to inputing a cheat code.

d-2-502-101abn
12th Oct 2004, 13:41
This good work by richg67 deserves a sticky IMHO. Thanks for a job well done.

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2