PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Water

YohnY
10th Oct 2004, 23:51
I am working on some special mission and I have there very much water. My polys are more then 11000. Its not good. But I don%t know, what do. But my main problem is, that Garrett can breath in water. When I jump into the Water, it's appear nothink (on the screen are not showing bubbles in right down corner). I have all my water like this

Brush...Fill Water

I loaded scripts convict and gen, portalizing and optimizing do nothing. Pathfinding shot down my Pc. What's the problem?

Could it be rooming? I have no rooms around my brushes. I am going do it tommrow...

The WaterWay Tunnel part 1 90%
For Better Tommorow Campaigne 25%

John D.
11th Oct 2004, 00:11
Click on your starting point and go to S-Scripts and type VictoryCheck
you wont be able to get your objectives to work until you do this too.

BTW, I dont think 11000 polys is possible in the dark engine, I think you may mean 1100, if so be careful I believe the limit is 1280.

Yandros
14th Oct 2004, 18:45
You also need to be sure to use flowbrushes with all that water.

YohnY
16th Oct 2004, 10:54
For what are these flowbrushes? I am sorry, but about this I didn't ever heard.

R_Soul
16th Oct 2004, 23:53
Flow Brushes are brushes that you place around water so the game can generate splashing/swimming sounds when the player is at the surface.
They can also be used to create a current (flow).

When creating water:
*Imagine all the water was actually air, and Room Brush it appropriately.
*Place flow brushes around the water so that all the water is surrounded. It doesn't matter how much bigger the FB is than the water.

*The centre of a FB cannot be in solid. If you have a solid feature in the middle of some water, you'll have to use 2 or more FBs instead.

There's more detail in Komag's tutorial.
http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/essentials.htm

Yandros
19th Oct 2004, 03:49
You should also read Dashjianata's great water tutorial (http://www.thiefmissions.com/tafferstavern/Water1.htm) (at Thorin's old site, now hosted at Thiefmissions).