PDA

View Full Version : Weird bug: Hair color change???

WNxScythe
10th Oct 2004, 18:12
I keep seeing this really odd bug that basically makes people's hair change colors every so often... I'll be walking in the City and I see some guy's hair turn from brown to white, or vice versa. Seems to happen to everybody but guards (who's hair doesn't show :P)... anybody else getting this... is there a fix?

Acimus
10th Oct 2004, 19:48
It's also funny when looking at characters who are otherwise in the dark and barely noticeable - except for their unnaturally glowing hair or beard :-) (Thank god Garret is wearing the hood!-) But I guess this is "feature" of some kind, at least I've seen glowing hair with every Catalyst version... silly looking, tough.

Catman
11th Oct 2004, 13:21
'Tis odd, to be sure. The townfolk do seem to have highly reflective hair. Perhaps it's something in their shampoo?

Acimus
11th Oct 2004, 16:47
It's like shadows casted by the environment don't affect character's hair/beard at all, they seem to be at their default "brightness" level all the time. I wonder why did they left such a HIGHLY noticeable/disturbing thing in the game uncorrected.

Ferrett
13th Oct 2004, 15:54
I've also seen shadows from certain hair types that shouldn't be there. Like the bald guy with the glowing tattoo on the side of his head, when he walks under a light source, you can actually see the shadow from a pony-tail, even though the guy is bald.

Silent_Hitman47
14th Oct 2004, 15:01
Originally posted by Ferrett
I've also seen shadows from certain hair types that shouldn't be there. Like the bald guy with the glowing tattoo on the side of his head, when he walks under a light source, you can actually see the shadow from a pony-tail, even though the guy is bald.
Yeah, that happens in Pavelock Prioson as well. There is some girl with a shadow that shows her as bald.

Acimus
14th Oct 2004, 20:11
So the shadows aren't really that dynamic?? Boo!

agnusdei
17th Oct 2004, 01:10
Its an effect, though ugly, when light shines through a partially tranlucent material, it will show on the other side.
If you have played Far Cry, you will have seen this effect on the trees leefes.
But the first post sounds like a bug..