PDA

View Full Version : love it!

cooljay1804
9th Oct 2004, 21:33
At first I thought the game would just be ok but the more I played the more and more I liked the game. To me this is one of those games that grows on you. As soon as you get past the first couple of missions the game gets great! The only thing I can't figure out is the blasted (no pun intended lol) booby traps. I just can't seem to defuse them (PC Version) :rolleyes: but other than that this game rocks! The cut scenes (especially the jungle/helo ones) are awsome :D So if anyone can offer any help on the booby traps (the nade ones) would be a lot of help ;)

d-2-502-101abn
10th Oct 2004, 02:08
Love it as well, and as I've posted elsewhere, the boobytrap disarming on the PC is cumbersome and doesn't work.

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

SgtSpecht1234
10th Oct 2004, 05:29
Yeah, Shellshock is godly....

leftnutrzr
10th Oct 2004, 05:48
the red dots point the way

i dont know if this ascii art is gonna work but i'll try

right, down, right, right, up, right, right

SgtSpecht1234
10th Oct 2004, 05:53
I only got it on PS2, so i only know the PS2 stuff...

cooljay1804
10th Oct 2004, 05:55
that makes more sense! so you start at the X and work your way to the check mark..got it :cool:

d-2-502-101abn
10th Oct 2004, 22:39
Thanks for the instructions ... I got the concept from the beginning. But I am having issues with the arrow keys working at all in the PC version, either the extended keyboard ones or the numeric keypad ones with NUMLOCK on.

My suggestion would be to get rid of the interface entirely, and have it done programmatically: the more you disarm (using the current cursor), the better you get ... and faster. An approach, I think, that would get rid of the frustrating interface and other issues, and hence make the game cleaner ... heh, a 1.1 patch fix (hint, hint).

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

leftnutrzr
10th Oct 2004, 23:08
hmmm .. i have a generic 104 key keyboard w/ numlock on and it works like a charm ... but as w/ all computers ymmv
btw it does have the extra multimedia buttons and power buttons ... a real pain in the ass cause they're right above the arrow keys so .. one wrong slip and .... oops .. it rebooted