PDA

View Full Version : few questions

Tieflin
9th Oct 2004, 19:10
The offical game site dosent cover some features
1st. Is there a HUD ? (didn't see any in the screen shots) and if there is a HUD what does it show ? (hp, stamina, etc')
2nd. What game modes are ? (campaign, multi-player / split screen or Skirmish)
3rd. When you get wounded your performance go down ? and can you bleed to death ?
4th (is it th ? XD). Can you swim and do some more environment related actions ?
oh and the last question (that will really affect my decision for buying the game)
This game has any PUZZLE like parts
i mean when you have to press buttons, pull levers to open those everything-immune doors and some more stupid things that for some stupid reason the programmers put in every game these days ?

Thanks for answering

Tieflin
9th Oct 2004, 19:26
oh and another question about the game modes
can i travel freely anywhere in the map (i know it's impossible to stand against the enemy alone, just a question)

Thanks again

cooljay1804
9th Oct 2004, 21:49
1st. Is there a HUD ? (didn't see any in the screen shots) and if there is a HUD what does it show ? (hp, stamina, etc')
----> See attached screen shot

2nd. What game modes are ? (campaign, multi-player / split screen or Skirmish)
----> Single player only, campaign mode

3rd. When you get wounded your performance go down ? and can you bleed to death ?
----> don't know the answer to this one..maybe someone else does I've noticed the soldiers performance go down when he gets wounded but it might be my imagination

4th (is it th ? XD). Can you swim and do some more environment related actions ?
----> you wouldn't want to swim in the water in nam lol but you can walk in the water up to your chest (and he holds the gun over his head)

oh and the last question (that will really affect my decision for buying the game) This game has any PUZZLE like parts
----> The only "puzzle" parts I've found is disarming booby traps but it's nothing major..and I still don't know how to do it but don't worry they won't kill you..well..most of them wont ;)

http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/i/kicktd45/nam67.jpg

richg67
11th Oct 2004, 13:14
The game map is linear much like Vietcong (the game) was. It's not like Far Cry or OFP. This stands to reason in some respect since the jungle can be too thick to traverse through.

d-2-502-101abn
11th Oct 2004, 14:28
Totally agree: the terrain was as much an enemy (as far as ease of movement) as the VC and NVA were.

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

Tieflin
14th Oct 2004, 20:17
thanks all (sorry for the late reply, was on a 4 days trip)