PDA

View Full Version : Just finished it, my opinion

perryscoon
8th Oct 2004, 03:54
I played on normal mode throughout, and in 3rd person.

I loved Thief 1, hated Thief 2, and enjoyed this one almost as much as the first one.

Killer graphics, the AI was so-so(sometimes u could do rediculous things right in front of people and they wouldn't even see you), awesome sound and voice-overs.

I liked the Cradle mission the best, I liked the Pagan tunnels, and I thought the last mission was pretty lame. I killed everyone I saw and didn't really play stealthy unless as a last resort(several failed attempts at killing).

I started to get bored about 3/4 through the game and sorta just wanted it to be over. The missions where you're just roaming around a house knocking off guards and stealing loot I found to be very boring. The ones I found very interesting and fun were the creepy ones with the demons. Those are the missions that really made me feel like I was in the game with Garett.

Overall, I had a good time with this game and I will be sad to see the mediaeval theme go in future Thief's.

Oh...and if you enjoyed playing this in 3rd person, I would recommend trying a game called Enclave. It playes very much the same except without the stealth aspect, and has a killer mediaeval theme as well.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/enclave/screenshots/

Okay thats my 2 cents...

The_Insane
11th Oct 2004, 19:59
Why do you hate thief II ?

brangdon
16th Oct 2004, 14:14
Originally posted by perryscoon
Those are the missions that really made me feel like I was in the game with Garett.
I wonder if you'd have felt that more often if you were playing in 1st person mode. I find 3rd person much less immersive.

Silent_Hitman47
17th Oct 2004, 03:55
Originally posted by The_Insane
Why do you hate thief II ? maybe it's the annoying machines?