PDA

View Full Version : waste of money

Capt1450
7th Oct 2004, 23:23
i would just like to get a few things off my chest. 1st if you are thinking about buying this game don't, not worth the money. 2nd this game sucks, from the manual (all 12 pages worth), to the read me file (7 pages), to the stupid 3rd person point of view that you cannot change, along with the inability to jump or use of a map. the insrtuctions are lacking and so is the game. mine is going back and i am sorry that i wasted my time and money with this one. i just hope that i can save some one else from being disappointed also.
i am refering to nam '67

Tieflin
8th Oct 2004, 01:26
hey that's not right !, you can't decide for everyone if they like the game or not, some games have lots of view points and a map while others don't, maybe you have a problem with it but it dosent make the game suck .........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SgtSpecht1234
8th Oct 2004, 03:03
EXACTLY! everyone has a different point of view, you say the game flat out sucks, but im completely the other way around! (oddly, i seem to be the only one who is! lol)

Capt1450
8th Oct 2004, 12:50
i am just expressing MY opinion and it is up to the reader to decide what they think. if you like it good as for me still think that it sucks, espically compared to the many other games out right now. it could definatly be a lot better.

d-2-502-101abn
8th Oct 2004, 17:49
Then be constructive in your criticism of how it could be "better" ... instead of denigrating the product, list what you liked or disliked.

For my take on generic griefers, see my comments (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45272).

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

Tieflin
8th Oct 2004, 19:23
Originally posted by Capt1450
i would just like to get a few things off my chest. 1st if you are thinking about buying this game don't, not worth the money. 2nd this game sucks, from the manual (all 12 pages worth), to the read me file (7 pages), to the stupid 3rd person point of view that you cannot change, along with the inability to jump or use of a map. the insrtuctions are lacking and so is the game. mine is going back and i am sorry that i wasted my time and money with this one. i just hope that i can save some one else from being disappointed also.
i am refering to nam '67

Dosent look like "saying your opinion" next time use "i think that" if you would have wrote your messege with these 2 words i wouldn't even reply

but i didn't reply for teaching you how to express yourself, so don't go mad on me please (most ppl do) :D

SgtSpecht1234
9th Oct 2004, 03:27
the game isnt that bad, no one just appreciates it, everyone just sees it as crap, and not looking at any of the good points!

Tieflin
9th Oct 2004, 18:38
Originally posted by SgtSpecht1234
the game isnt that bad, no one just appreciates it, everyone just sees it as crap, and not looking at any of the good points!

who said that ?
only one guy and he was only saying his own opinion......

SgtSpecht1234
9th Oct 2004, 20:40
My point is, that SOME people dont like the game, and i dont see why, its a great game, and eidos put a lot of time into it, but SOME people just dont see that

d-2-502-101abn
10th Oct 2004, 02:12
Even though I might not agree with those other folks who express their dislike, you have to remember that this is America, and they have the right to express their opinion. As long as it doesn't personally attack anyone or any group in a derogatory way.

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

SgtSpecht1234
10th Oct 2004, 05:23
Its true... we can express opinions freely...but on this Forums Site, were a DICTATORSHIP!!! and IM THE DICTATOR!!!! BOW TO ME!!!!!!!! :D

Clumsyorchid
10th Oct 2004, 06:05
Actually that's not entirely true. You are still a reg member, while I rule supreme :D.

SgtSpecht1234
10th Oct 2004, 06:07
What the hell, why do you keep editing my posts! im not doing anything wrong! im only kidding around and your making me sound like an idiot, get a grip man! jeez, im only joking around!

Clumsyorchid
10th Oct 2004, 07:12
*Ahem*

SgtSpecht1234
10th Oct 2004, 17:16
Man........im bored.....what should we talk about now? lol

Capt1450
11th Oct 2004, 02:49
hey if you like it good, i see that some of you are playing the ps2 version, myself i was playing the pc version. there may be quite a difference in the game play. but i still do not like it.

SgtSpecht1234
11th Oct 2004, 23:01
there is a huge difference from PC to PS2, just like any other game made for a console and PC version, nothing is the same, like Vietcong Purple Haze, the console version i heard sucked, and the PC version is better

Clumsyorchid
11th Oct 2004, 23:26
Sorry for the post edits, it was more to illustrate the power I weild :p

SgtSpecht1234
12th Oct 2004, 00:09
Ah, my bad, sorry bout that then :D Im still Dictator though...cause i wanna be...:p

rinaldi.16
24th Oct 2004, 20:41
I agree with the original post in the forum, this game is absolutely awful.
+The gameplay is poor, you can't jump or easily move about the levels and the third person view is annoying.
+The action keys are aggravating and don't allow you to move about fast and pick things up or even climb a ladder.
+The graphics are cheap and boring, all the VC look the same and die the same.
+The characters are rip-offs of the movie platoon.
+There is no multiplayer mode, and for a PC shooter-game to have no online play is crap.
+You can only carry one gun at a time
+The Base Camp level gets old.
I absolutely wish that I hadn't spent my 39.99 on this stinker. Let the people know that they shouldn't buy this game. Awful, Awful game!

sandrat
30th Oct 2004, 01:30
tried to get alittle help but did not. several friends got it and we are all stuck in the same place. a few nasty eeee-mails been let lose. yep get your money back and buy CONFLICT VIETNAM Iam

jaywalker2309
30th Oct 2004, 09:11
Originally posted by sandrat
tried to get alittle help but did not. several friends got it and we are all stuck in the same place. a few nasty eeee-mails been let lose. yep get your money back and buy CONFLICT VIETNAM Iam

Where are you stuck?

sandrat
31st Oct 2004, 11:01
please check out the post intitled "stuck in some city????" two of us still have the game, stuborn nature i guess. If you need more details let me know. thanks

ArTsKiLLaRy
28th Nov 2004, 01:48
Honestly the game doesn't completly suck, but its not worth playing over and over again....Its repetitive and boring after 1 try....I admired the inbetween clips of missions then the game itself....Newayz thatz my thoughtz..Latez