PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a tweak for wall-hugging?

Ferett
7th Oct 2004, 02:50
After seeing alot of tweaks etc come out into the open lately, I was wondering if its possible to increase the wall-hugging accusition range (IE, make enemies spot you out easier when your hugging a wall). I've set most of the AI on guards etc to sniff you out even when your crouched and in a dark corner, but no matter how high I set their visual/audio/tactical settings, I can still hug a wall and they can practically stand face to face with me, and never catch me. If anyone knows a way to adjust this, I'd really appriciate it.

theBlackman
7th Oct 2004, 03:52
Don't do it. If you don't have a place to hide, or the shadow is not deep enough, and you want adventure. JUST DON'T DO THE "R" thing.

You don't need a tweak to break something you don't seem to want. It is NOT AUTOMATIC. If you don't R it don't work.

So pretend IT AIN'T AVAILABLE.

Sheesh!

And yeah, I can use proper English, but why bother for something so obvious. :)

Vanguard
7th Oct 2004, 04:03
I've been ghosting through and never yet used the wall hug function. Fact is, I forgot all about it. It seemed a stupid manuever. Oh, yeah, standing full erect and pressing my butt against the wall is really going to make it harder to see me. Garrett is *not* a chameleon. Just don't assing a key to the wall hug function (define a key for it and then reuse that same key for another function so the wall hug is left with no keys for it). Then you won't be able to even "accidentally" use it in the game.

sesobebo
7th Oct 2004, 12:00
Originally posted by Vanguard
I've been ghosting through and never yet used the wall hug function. Fact is, I forgot all about it.
Exactly (:

Lake
8th Oct 2004, 11:43
Originally posted by Ferett
After seeing alot of tweaks etc come out into the open lately, I was wondering if its possible to increase the wall-hugging accusition range (IE, make enemies spot you out easier when your hugging a wall). I've set most of the AI on guards etc to sniff you out even when your crouched and in a dark corner, but no matter how high I set their visual/audio/tactical settings, I can still hug a wall and they can practically stand face to face with me, and never catch me. If anyone knows a way to adjust this, I'd really appriciate it.

Do not use it or use ThiefBot to make Garrett's enemies tougher.

c6jones720
8th Oct 2004, 11:50
I never used that feature once the whole time I was playing the game because I ran out of spare buttons on my Joypad

Komag
8th Oct 2004, 14:48
I think there is some logic to wall-hugging, especially if the guard is down the hall and would more likely see you out in the hall versus lined along the wall. I think it should just be far less helpful, and that an ini tweak is in order, just as Ferett asked for. I personally forgot all about wall-hugging after the training mission where I tried it once, but I don't think the "just don't use it" response is totally fair