PDA

View Full Version : Re: LapTop supported!!

Acolyte6
5th Oct 2004, 17:50
My new HP Pavilion zd7000 (widescreen) notebook supports the Thief: Deadly Shadows game and as Justin Timberlake would say; I'm Luvin' It..!

Guineapiggy
5th Oct 2004, 19:54
The problem has never been specifically that laptops didn't work, it was that the range of mobile GPUs that supported the game was negligable. As for Justin Timberlake, it's a banable offense mentioning him on this forum. I pushed for the death penalty but got over-ruled.

stalyn
13th Nov 2004, 16:05
How did you find out your laptop was supported?
Did you just try it running it???

My Thinkpad configuration suprcedesd the requiremnts but have not tried yet...

any advsie is appreciated.
stalyn

Clumsyorchid
13th Nov 2004, 18:50
You should try running the demo to see if it runs on your laptop, that to me would be the best way to see if it runs at all.

As for the supported/unsupported laptop issue. All laptops are "unsupported." This basically means you are not eligible for tech support to troubleshoot problems. This does not mean the game will not run on laptops, plenty of users on our forums have gotten the game up and running. So the first thing I would do is make sure your laptop meets or exceeds the requirements for the game. If you run into any problems running the demo, post questions here and we may be able to get it working :).

stalyn
14th Nov 2004, 12:36
Thanks... very samrt... forgot about the demo, very good test idea...
stalyn

itdansharpe
7th Dec 2004, 18:12
Hey all, to help reduce the fear of thinking notebooks don't work, I thought I would mention t3ds works and runs fantastic at full settings across the board on my shiny new Dell XPS.

Specs:

P4 3.4Ghz HT, 512 DDR400, 256MB radeon 9800, ata 100GB 5400rpm. XP Pro / Fedora Core 3.

Danno.
www.dsxnet.com