PDA

View Full Version : Why no 'Jump' option ?

RoyalMarineCommando
3rd Oct 2004, 17:19
Why is there no option to make the player Jump ???

Its infuriatin, and probably one of the few 1st person shooter games, where the player is firmly rooted to the ground !!! :mad:

Just felt like expressing my frustration at not being able to jump tiny little walls or fallen trees. Not exactly the most realistic aspect of the game!

d-2-502-101abn
4th Oct 2004, 03:33
It's those non-airborne grunts ... d**n legs can't be trusted to jump and fall a few feet, they might hurt themselves. lol

But, yes, I agree, I found it odd and irksome at times.

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

Grey Mouser
4th Oct 2004, 20:46
It is what is called a 'design decision'. No, I don't like it either.

ACEofSPADES87
7th Oct 2004, 20:44
Originally posted by RoyalMarineCommando
Why is there no option to make the player Jump ???

Its infuriatin, and probably one of the few 1st person shooter games, where the player is firmly rooted to the ground !!! :mad:

Just felt like expressing my frustration at not being able to jump tiny little walls or fallen trees. Not exactly the most realistic aspect of the game!

This is a third person shooter. not a first person shooter.

RoyalMarineCommando
8th Oct 2004, 10:41
Originally posted by ACEofSPADES87
This is a third person shooter. not a first person shooter.

Oh , i do apologise for making such a terrible, inexcusable, ghastly mistake! :rolleyes:

ACEofSPADES87
8th Oct 2004, 16:43
Originally posted by RoyalMarineCommando
Oh , i do apologise for making such a terrible, inexcusable, ghastly mistake! :rolleyes:

Yes. You have made a catastrophic mistake.

d-2-502-101abn
8th Oct 2004, 17:28
Catastrophic? Hardly ... can't expect them to jump without paying them $55/mo. Jump pay lol.

Private Joker
10th Oct 2004, 03:15
Yeah, it's sort of frustrating walking around a tree root instead of being able to jump over it, especially when you've got VC running at you from every nook and cranny, yelling Ho Chi Minh Forever!!!!!!

ACEofSPADES87
10th Oct 2004, 14:50
Originally posted by d-2-502-101abn
Catastrophic? Hardly ... can't expect them to jump without paying them $55/mo. Jump pay lol.

It was a joke.... and the response " catastrophic" had nothing to do with being able to jump in the game. It was b/c he referred to this game as a First person shooter. once again..it was a joke.

d-2-502-101abn
10th Oct 2004, 15:38
So was my response. lol

Take point troops and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2