PDA

View Full Version : Tales from the Pyromanic's Crypt

Namphibian
2nd Oct 2004, 10:41
Now I'm not sure whether I've got things muddled here but I distinctly remember hearing in one of the cutscenes or briefings in TDS that there was a fire at Shalebridge Cradle at one point. I was wondering, does anyone know for sure or have any ideas on how this happened?

I also remember that one of the inmates was a pyromaniac who hid a tinderbox and fuel canister in her cell. Somewhat ironically, that chilled me to the bone - the moment when I first entered her room, with the wind and the distant crackle of flames in the background, was one of the most deliciously terrifying moments experienced in the game. But I digress. I was thinking, was it she who burned the Cradle down? It's quite odd... when you go into the final hallway in the cradle's memory, there are desks lining the walls with detailed information on several of the patients, but none on the pyromaniac.

A large section of her room is collapsed and charred... Hmmm... Spooky...

tealsmith
2nd Oct 2004, 15:23
I never found out what started the fire in the Cradle. Drept said they never learned the truth and calle dthe fire 'mysterious'. It's possible it was that pyro.

Zaccheus
2nd Oct 2004, 20:12
This will take a short intro to explain what I mean: At the beginning of the game, the first time you walk around the city, you meet up with a keeper and he tells you to break into the Hammers' Cathedral and the Pagans' tunnels.

Now, after I completed the Hammers' Cathedral mission, I was walking around town and a civilian was saying how he had been at the cradle the other night. During that conversation he only mentioned that nobody really knows what happened (he said: Maybe a fire or maybe murderers got in), but that something terrible had taken place there.

I'm a bit confused about something. Was the cradle a nursery or a mental institution. The conversation seemed to say that it was a nursery, but everyone refers to it as an institution.

Mr. Perfect
2nd Oct 2004, 20:59
If you listen to Laural during the sneaking about, she'll tell you that it was orriganaly a orphanarium, but later they moved the orphans into the nursery tower and used the rest of it for loonies. So it's both.

Zaccheus
2nd Oct 2004, 22:19
Ahh, thanks for clarifying. I shall pay attention to what Laural says when I get that far in the game.
:)

The_Insane
3rd Oct 2004, 18:43
an orphanarium named king no one did it ( no-one, n°1, patient nr 1) he is the one with the tinderbox. you can hear screams of people who are burning when you are in the sleeping quarters (outer cradle). read the entire story here--> http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83560&page=1&pp=25

Namphibian
4th Oct 2004, 11:48
That is...just...insanely cool. :D